Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Macro strategy?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarquinius

Macro strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Macro strategy?   Macro strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Is there any strategy on the macro level to this game? Does it actually matter whether I attack a region in which my faction is winning 69-31 vs. one in which the score is 50-50?

As far as I can tell, the CP earned for attacking and defending a region are the same. There is no reason to hold territory (until the advent of guild warfare). Capturing a region gives no bonus.

Therefore, it doesn't matter which region is attacked as long as I am doing damage to the enemy, i.e. not attacking a territory my faction controls completely. For example, surrounding an enemy territory looks great. In real warfare and in this game, it makes it easy to capture. But in this game, why should I bother to attack it? I gain no bonus while attacking it, and any CP I earn against it are CP that were not used elsewhere. Granted, I can see how a territory that is almost captured provides a psychological boost, and people are more likely to stay online for an extra battle to help secure it, but I don't imagine this contribution is particularly large.

Potential Solutions
- If a territory is not connected to its capital, it suffers some penalty, e.g. CP against it are multiplied by 1.5
- Defensive bonus (although this would strengthen the stalemate)
- A bonus for holding territory
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Macro strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Macro strategy?   Macro strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I think the idea of having CP earning scale based on the number of adjacent regions you control has been mentioned. It was a while ago though and I dont think any real discussion came of it. CP earnings have gone through some big changes since then anyway.

Another option might be to change the types of game modes / enemies that are found in regions based on how many adjacent hexes your team controls. Attacking an enemy hex that is only accessible by 1 friendly region? Then the matches have X% more enemies.

Perhaps some other similar concept could be used - but adjacent hexes should matter more.
Back to top Go down

Macro strategy?
Page 1 of 1