Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urgent change to PvP system

Go down 
+5
RuneSlayer
kuba_
Erlandel
athose
Gafse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gafse

Urgent change to PvP system Empty
PostSubject: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 am

I just had yet ANOTHER battle where people created fake account in PvP. This has become too much! This needs to be fixed!! It is enraging to join a pvp battle and see fake allies. How do we know? The player's name goes something like "wtafasjl", has 3 rookie armies, and disconnect as soon as game starts. It is even worse if they don't disconnect, because then they just stand there.

I am surprised that it hasn't yet been implemented so that new player cannot join PvP before they reach a certain fame, or that their army has reached a certain level. This is long overdue!
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 am

I agree... it should be part of the overall PVP revamp thats coming. Make it require a barracks level of 5 or 8 and at least 1000 fame? Perhaps require units to be level 3 before they can be used in pvp (easy for actual players, but i think that'd be annoying for a fake account)

Or you could make it some kind of registration thing you have to do in order to flag the account for pvp-play. Put in an IP-check to make sure the same IPs aren't used for multiple accounts.
Back to top Go down
Erlandel

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Those suggested restrictions are far too high and would block out casual gamers. I've been playing daily for a couple weeks now (well, except for Memorial Day) and would not be able to meet the fame requirement you suggested.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

PVP Lobby has appeared and its very good think.

The very bad think is that PVP is very unbalanced. If you dont have godlike items you cannot win with balanced army (Li nad HI). Yours item are too expensive compare to godlike in ap, naked units cannot win even with rearing 5:1 with that unit.

So message is clear if you dont have godlike items dont play pvp because you cant win. There is no good tactics for opponent with godlike items which is very sad Sad

Despite that i really like this game.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:51 pm

kuba_ wrote:
PVP Lobby has appeared and its very good think.

The very bad think is that PVP is very unbalanced. If you dont have godlike items you cannot win with balanced army (Li nad HI). Yours item are too expensive compare to godlike in ap, naked units cannot win even with rearing 5:1 with that unit.

So message is clear if you dont have godlike items dont play pvp because you cant win. There is no good tactics for opponent with godlike items which is very sad Sad

Despite that i really like this game.

I will have to disagree. A godlike item can cost as much as 45 APs, which is almost the value of a unit. As I have mentioned a hundred times, 2 Flanks and 1 Rear will deduct around 50 Melee from the unit and around 60 MOBA. If you can't break the unit like that, then you are probably doing something wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Ok i could not breake single heavy inantry with godlike items using 1 HI fighting in front and 4 LI rearing. All rearing was at the same time. Morale of enemy HI drop to about 20%, unit didnt retreat and after 30 seconds morale rose to max, because half of my LI were death. I killed 2 maybe 3 enemy soldiers, lost 5 units. And i think AP of me units were greater or equal compare to enemy HI, i used better startegy (or i thought i used) and i didnt have any chance to defeat enemy.

Where is the balance?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 pm

kuba_ wrote:
Ok i could not breake single heavy inantry with godlike items using 1 HI fighting in front and 4 LI rearing. All rearing was at the same time. Morale of enemy HI drop to about 20%, unit didnt retreat and after 30 seconds morale rose to max, because half of my LI were death. I killed 2 maybe 3 enemy soldiers, lost 5 units. And i think AP of me units were greater or equal compare to enemy HI, i used better startegy (or i thought i used) and i didnt have any chance to defeat enemy.

Where is the balance?

The balance is there, but there is some randomness as well. If the morale of the enemy HI dropped to 20%, then that means that it rolled at least 3 times a flee check with SEVERE penalties and it PASSED. Imagine that the enemy hero managed to hold the ranks fighting ferociously against your units. (a bit of roleplaying...)

Items will play their role of course, but not to the point that they will always win a battle.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm

I was angry about this battle. Now i cool Smile.

But i disagree with you. Godlike items are OP in PVP. I cannot counter them with epic/rares because it will cost me more ap.

From the other hand common/uncommon items are much UP. I can win with every opponent using common/uncommon item wih "naked" troops (i am undead which helps a little).
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't know if uncommon really and common are really UP, but I am tired of seeing my units fully equip with everything but artifacts lose to utterly naked troops. and yes I do use common and uncommon so I can bring in more troops then if I use epic and rares.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Well, one sign of balance is when you have everyone complaining, right?

That said, I do agree that once you have 3 melee units with full godlikes, they become difficult if not impossible to flank if played well.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
I will have to disagree. A godlike item can cost as much as 45 APs, which is almost the value of a unit. As I have mentioned a hundred times, 2 Flanks and 1 Rear will deduct around 50 Melee from the unit and around 60 MOBA. If you can't break the unit like that, then you are probably doing something wrong. Smile
A few questions from this...

MOBA == Morale?

Are the flanking penalties limited to 1 per side? i.e. is the max flanking/rearing penalty (10+10+15 = 35 melee). So in Kuba's situation, would he have been better off by flanking on both sides and rearing instead of just rearing with 3-4 units?

Back to top Go down
RiseKnight

RiseKnight

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm

it would be good to attach limit on pvp, like 500 fame where players already mutually know the game.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:54 am

Can you make one change in battle system?

its really demotivating that i flank enemy unit using my 5 units, morale of the enemy droped to ZERO, and unit didnt escape, after 30 sec rebuilt morale and killed my squads. It was in PVP, enemy LI had godlike equipment. Can you make change in the system that when the unit first time loses all morale its automaticly fleeing?
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 am

kuba_ wrote:
I was angry about this battle. Now i cool Smile.

But i disagree with you. Godlike items are OP in PVP. I cannot counter them with epic/rares because it will cost me more ap.

From the other hand common/uncommon items are much UP. I can win with every opponent using common/uncommon item wih "naked" troops (i am undead which helps a little).

Items help increase a single units capability greatly, but in the case of flanking, items won't do much good at that point. The worst thing you can do in PVP is ball up, especially if they came equipped, you loose your advantage and mobility this way and it becomes more of a 1v1 fight and your undergeared units will loose every time.

For UD, go with LI, skip archers they are worthless, but once you get heavies, cav, artillery you can make a much stronger army. UD's LI is what I'd consider some of the best when stacked with heavy armor/endurance increasing items, it makes them tough customers to beat before their units start fleeing. If you haven't gotten heavies yet, work towards them or cav, they each bring something very useful to the field. Gearing heavies with more armor/endurance really messes with an enemies ability to do any damage, especially with their fear ability. Cav is heavy hitters that are fast and mobile, great for stranded or weak units, they have moderate defensive abilities but are more useful when someone else is taking the blows for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent change to PvP system   Urgent change to PvP system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urgent change to PvP system
Page 1 of 1