Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barbarians

Go down 
+2
Sir Jakh
Piktas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Piktas

Piktas

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

I just wanted to throw some feedback at you about barbarians. Although I play the game completely muted I did listen to how the barbarian voices sound and want to let you know that it was well worth the wait because now I constantly want to have the sound on just to hear them talk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Their voice is a little too low anyway and they sound more like zombies affraid than like barbarians. But as for their skills, i'm sure after a good training they will be of a good help on the battle field.

Now what i'd like to understand is what is the advantage or the difference they present in comparison to light infantry? Do they move faster? Do they heal faster and/or at lower cost?...
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:34 pm

They move faster and hit harder but have no armor. So they are easier to flank enemies with and go after archers and enemies running away but they cannot last long in a hard fight. It's all about strategy ;D
Back to top Go down
pug

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:46 pm

barbarians are the same as all other new unit's fast strong fighters. there are flanking unit's if used correctly. i just used mine for the first time they didn't half scare the enemy when they flanked them Smile but they died cos i had extreme lag Sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:32 pm

They seem to do great job against slashers. I used them on flanking too, they really help!
Back to top Go down
Vaylemn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm still skeptical about the usefulness of barbarians. They can't wear armor and have zero armor to begin with. It would probably be safer to flank with light infantry units.

Enemy AI archers can already take out about 1/4 health of my +15 armor archers in one shot. I wonder how much damage will ensue for barbarians with negative armor.

The barbarians sprites during battle reminds me of caveman units from Empire Earth. I would imagine actual barbarians as wearing lots of fur armor or what-not. Their sprites are just unsettling. I like my army organized.
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:58 am

Vaylemn wrote:
and have zero armor to begin with
Mine starts with a +6 armor:

Barbarians Barbar10

Last edited by Sir Jakh on Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:00 am

that's your research
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:08 am

Right! ... My mistake! confused
It's indeed my "studded leather armor" research that gives the +6 armor bonus.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:16 am

When talking about the strengths/weaknesses, its good to recognize that all Light Assault units have very similar roles on the battlefield - its not just Barbarians.

From what I've seen through fighting against them and allies using them:
  • Their primary role is close flanking support.
  • They make short work of whatever they flank, but they are also very weak to being flanked themselves.
  • They will perform poorly vs archers if they try to traverse 50+ range on open ground against archers.
  • They will easily win vs archers if they can advance using cover to ambush them around corners.
  • Because they are unbreakable, they can use a strategy that is normally limited to Undead. Like the Undead, they do not have to worry about fleeing due to incurring heavy losses. Because of this, it may be better to use multiple units of ungeared LIA against singular superior geared units to cause flanking bonuses/penalties. They can be very AP efficient when used that way in your army.
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:23 am

The berserkers of any class are pretty much the same regardless of race, high damage and low survivability. Good combo's are using them in tandem with heavy infantry for a 1-2 combo with chasing abilities, I prefer a blitz style with zerkers and cav.
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:33 am

Hegorn wrote:
When talking about the strengths/weaknesses, its good to recognize that all Light Assault units have very similar roles on the battlefield - its not just Barbarians.

From what I've seen through fighting against them and allies using them:
  • Their primary role is close flanking support.
  • They make short work of whatever they flank, but they are also very weak to being flanked themselves.
  • They will perform poorly vs archers if they try to traverse 50+ range on open ground against archers.
  • They will easily win vs archers if they can advance using cover to ambush them around corners.
  • Because they are unbreakable, they can use a strategy that is normally limited to Undead. Like the Undead, they do not have to worry about fleeing due to incurring heavy losses. Because of this, it may be better to use multiple units of ungeared LIA against singular superior geared units to cause flanking bonuses/penalties. They can be very AP efficient when used that way in your army.

I found that moving faster, Barbarians can be used to take enemy units to chase them (not archers, of course) while you can send Light Infantry fight against otherenemy units without being flanked, or break the archers. It needs to put them near a lake, a forest, or whatever, attracting the approaching units, and make them turn around that spot. The distance between them and the chasing units is big enough not be reached, but still short enough for chasing units to keep on chasing and be focused on the Barbarians.

When archers or slashers are distroyed by the infantry, it's then easy for Barbarians to bring the chasing units in flanking ambush with the remaining infantry. Cool! bounce

Last edited by Sir Jakh on Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:47 am

Yea, there are a fair few roles that they can handle well. This is the metagame of different unit types - figuring out how they all piece together to form a cohesive and effective army comp.
Back to top Go down
pug

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:40 pm

try again to equip them with armour Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barbarians Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barbarians   Barbarians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barbarians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: