Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what happens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

When we take over the other sides fortress? cheers
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Yeah, what do we get? lol!

---- Gandalf was pretty bad, but I remember slaying 2 balrogs in one day, without a magic staff or ring.. ---
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I am disappointed even after end of turn it doesn't say we won or even acknowledge that the Light cleansed all the darkness from the Fortress.....

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

So what happens Bc_vic10

Full Size image ----> here.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:51 am

CycLonite wrote:

I am disappointed even after end of turn it doesn't say we won or even acknowledge that the Light cleansed all the darkness from the Fortress.....

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

So what happens Bc_vic10

Full Size image ----> here.

Embarassed

The answer here is simple... We haven't added the Fortress conquest system. Remember, this is a closed beta and not all features are enabled. As for storming the castle, it won't be that easy. Expect an all out offensive by the Forces of Darkness tomorrow Monday. Wink

The CPs acquisition for the regions is going to change as well. As I mentioned in a previous post, the "containers" of the regions are set too low, so we can verify that the change in ownership is occurring normally and without problems.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Expect an all out offensive by the Forces of Darkness tomorrow Monday. Wink

Bring it on! bounce Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by CycLonite on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to close tags...)
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 am

I understand we are in beta, but you have to agree, that is a huge demotivator. Taking regions takes time, and given, even more time, when it is bumped up to where it will be in the real game.

At present, I have a huge amount of data to process, I recorded data on each combat (at least when I got the idea) and have 100 seperate battles from yesterday to look at. The payout is minimal, and still is when you use multiple units. I have an idea, but I want to process the data so we can really look at the numbers. But the time required to do so, at 2 min or a bit less per battle is around 3 hours 20 min of just combat, not counting the time to heal heroes, and not everyone can put that time in.

So let me process the data and see, but at present... Why would I continue to fight at such a low payout, and costing me wood,stone,and iron to repair as well. It really decreases my rate of growth, for next to nothing other than unit experience, but moreso.. Why do I want to participate in the war when there is no reward, and only loss to my growth. Need some motivation for the game to keep players (even here in beta) Shocked
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
I understand we are in beta, but you have to agree, that is a huge demotivator. Taking regions takes time, and given, even more time, when it is bumped up to where it will be in the real game.

At present, I have a huge amount of data to process, I recorded data on each combat (at least when I got the idea) and have 100 seperate battles from yesterday to look at. The payout is minimal, and still is when you use multiple units. I have an idea, but I want to process the data so we can really look at the numbers. But the time required to do so, at 2 min or a bit less per battle is around 3 hours 20 min of just combat, not counting the time to heal heroes, and not everyone can put that time in.

So let me process the data and see, but at present... Why would I continue to fight at such a low payout, and costing me wood,stone,and iron to repair as well. It really decreases my rate of growth, for next to nothing other than unit experience, but moreso.. Why do I want to participate in the war when there is no reward, and only loss to my growth. Need some motivation for the game to keep players (even here in beta) Shocked

Good points there Glorfindel.

One of the main elements of the game is currently missing, and that is crafting. Players can craft items by gathering fragments which can ONLY be acquired as random drops when they are victorious in battle. If a player wants to equip his heroes and units with the best armor, weapons, etc. possible, then he will need to find the necessary fragments and therefore he will need to go to battle to acquire them.

The game doesn't really force anyone to go to battle and it definitely doesn't require from the players to play 100 battles per day. Obviously going to battle is important, if he wants to help his faction. The game gives the chance to the player to manage his resources and decide what is best for him and his faction. As this is a game in which macro and micro management is important, in the end it is the player's decision how to grow. In the end,

Looking at your growth and your results on the battlefield, I can say that you are managing quite well. Smile

Finally, regions will provide bonuses to the faction which owns them. The more you help your faction to conquer regions, the more bonuses you will have access to.

Your comments are more than welcome, but know that the whole picture hasn't been uncovered yet... Wink

Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Wasn't my growth I was concerned with. Someone around 500 or lower, that cuts into what they can do and severely. At perhaps 20 stone/wood/iron to repair on each combat. 10 combats would be around a third or more of what they produce per hour, so it would be a drain. I understand that the whole game is not up yet, but for right now, other than bragging rights, there is no point for trying for conquest. Of course you don't even have to take a castle to brag... Laughing

With the inclusion of component drops, combat will be attractive, and doing combat where your team is pressing an advantage, or defending just makes sense. But for now, there are much better things to spend resources on, as well as time.

A thought along the lines of real war would be the awarding of raw materials as well. When armies fought, the victors had the spoils, this included both salvagable weapons, armor, horses (and other livestock), provisions, as well as wealth. Since recycling was practiced back then as metal was at a premium, even broken items of war were treasure. The fate of the Colossus of Rhodes is one example.. This could be randomized to as little as an offset to cost, to a sizable cache of useable materials. This "chance" of a good sized haul, and then the components necessary for item construction makes a powerful motivator for continued combat, as well as playing of the game. Pantheon didn't have that, and there was little motivation for combat, since it made you vulnerable and really didn't contribute to your growth. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm

I for one think I went overboard with the battles, no one on the Darkness side now wants to talk or play or even fight back Embarassed Embarassed No

I wasn't online for 10+ hours I expected at least some fightback or something but the regions I had left last night are just as they were. no major changes either way in percentage controls....

Guess I have to stop fighting so people can enjoy their beta game. Sorry. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 am

Quote :
Wasn't my growth I was concerned with. Someone around 500 or lower, that cuts into what they can do and severely. At perhaps 20 stone/wood/iron to repair on each combat. 10 combats would be around a third or more of what they produce per hour, so it would be a drain. I understand that the whole game is not up yet, but for right now, other than bragging rights, there is no point for trying for conquest. Of course you don't even have to take a castle to brag...

The above comment is true and valid. However, we didn't want to provide an abundance of resources to the players. In fact, cities do not evolve or prosper in times of war with the same rate as in times of peace. It is exactly that what we wanted to provide as a challenge. It is in the ruler's (player's) hand to decide how to manage the resources that he gains through production or trading with other players. Go overboard with the number of battles and drain your resources and reduce your growth rate. Don't be involved in the war at all, and lose the chance to find rare fragments for crafting, reduce your Faction's chances to conquer regions and consequently the bonuses involved in owning a region.

Quote :
A thought along the lines of real war would be the awarding of raw materials as well. When armies fought, the victors had the spoils, this included both salvagable weapons, armor, horses (and other livestock), provisions, as well as wealth. Since recycling was practiced back then as metal was at a premium, even broken items of war were treasure. The fate of the Colossus of Rhodes is one example.. This could be randomized to as little as an offset to cost, to a sizable cache of useable materials. This "chance" of a good sized haul, and then the components necessary for item construction makes a powerful motivator for continued combat, as well as playing of the game.

We try to represent that by providing gold as a reward. Think of it as gold acquired by selling salvageable weapons, armor etc. However, we will incorporate some sort of a random drop of resources as well, which won't appear often and will definitely not be too much.

Quote :
Pantheon didn't have that, and there was little motivation for combat, since it made you vulnerable and really didn't contribute to your growth. Just a thought.

I have to disagree here. In Pantheon, you could send your army against a city and if you were victorious, you could steal resources from its warehouse, not to mention abandoned cities which had no defense and full warehouses most of the time, depending on the circumstances. This is something that we wanted to take care of in Battle Conquest.
Also, the world of Pantheon is different than the world of Battle Conquest. You could be an active player in Pantheon and really never participate in a battle, without affecting your game experience or the world as a whole. However, in Battle Conquest you are in the middle of a continuous war and although your city is practically invulnerable, your lack of participation in military operations can affect the course of the war.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:04 am

CycLonite wrote:

I for one think I went overboard with the battles, no one on the Darkness side now wants to talk or play or even fight back Embarassed Embarassed No

I wasn't online for 10+ hours I expected at least some fightback or something but the regions I had left last night are just as they were. no major changes either way in percentage controls....

Guess I have to stop fighting so people can enjoy their beta game. Sorry. Embarassed

Actually, your determination in the ongoing war proved to be a very good indication of some things that need changing. It is wrong to assume that just because you were enjoying the game extensively, you did something wrong. Truth be told, we weren't expecting that you guys would get there so fast, so we never enabled the siege mechanism for the capitals, as we wanted to test that mechanism in a later stage.

Below are some of the changes which you can expect soon:

1) CPs Acquisition System will change from a static value to a dynamic value, depending on the number of units involved in a battle. Currently if you use 1 unit or 10 units on Normal, you will still gain 5 CPs if you are victorious. Hard, Nightmare and PVP will provide higher CPs and a higher probability of a rare drop.

2) Normal Difficulty will change to Easy Difficulty. On Easy Difficulty players will be able to "train" their units and gain gold, but no CPs will be given when victorious. Normal Difficulty will lose the current handicap which is currently enabled.

3) Capitals will only have Hard and Nightmare difficulty in PVE mode. Expect defenses such as towers and fortifications when attacking a capital. Yes, they will fight back.
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Quote :

I have to disagree here. In Pantheon, you could send your army against a city and if you were victorious, you could steal resources from its warehouse, not to mention abandoned cities which had no defense and full warehouses most of the time, depending on the circumstances. This is something that we wanted to take care of in Battle Conquest.

In Pantheon, once you had your army built and improved there was nothing further to spend your resources on other than more summoned monsters. You didn't raid actives for resources and due to the fact that attacking others severely decreased your ability to defend, as it could be over a day for your army to arrive. Keeping to yourself was one of the best things you could do, raiding inactives until your warehouses were always full with unspent resources, since you had reached your army limit. It got to the point that I would spend all my crystals to buy harpies and then not do anything else until the crystals were full again. The new cities allowed us to build them up, but once they were built and defended, again, not much to keep you interested.

I am looking long term here. You have a lot of new things that will keep us busy for awhile, but it seemed in Pantheon, that people lost interest soon, and left the game. This could have been frustratoin with not having much of a chance vs players that had several weeks of a head start, or having to keep logging in to send your raiders to more inactives. With the ability to attack the enviroment, PVP, and the conquest it has the potential, just look ahead to the endgame.... What will keep us playing? Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 am

Quote :
In Pantheon, once you had your army built and improved there was nothing further to spend your resources on other than more summoned monsters. You didn't raid actives for resources and due to the fact that attacking others severely decreased your ability to defend, as it could be over a day for your army to arrive. Keeping to yourself was one of the best things you could do, raiding inactives until your warehouses were always full with unspent resources, since you had reached your army limit. It got to the point that I would spend all my crystals to buy harpies and then not do anything else until the crystals were full again. The new cities allowed us to build them up, but once they were built and defended, again, not much to keep you interested.

In such games, the basic idea is to keep on expanding with new cities, but at one point we decided that we wanted to focus all our efforts on an improved Pantheon, which is why Pantheon didn't receive too much love thereafter. Wink

Quote :
I am looking long term here. You have a lot of new things that will keep us busy for awhile, but it seemed in Pantheon, that people lost interest soon, and left the game. This could have been frustratoin with not having much of a chance vs players that had several weeks of a head start, or having to keep logging in to send your raiders to more inactives. With the ability to attack the enviroment, PVP, and the conquest it has the potential, just look ahead to the endgame.... What will keep us playing?

We learned several things from our experience with Pantheon and we decided to keep the good things and throw out all the bad things, with some new features that we knew the players would like. The crafting system will definitely be something challenging and exciting as well, as it has been designed so it really provides thousands, if not millions of different variations of items. As time passes, you will all see the game unfolding and new features becoming available. Allow me to return the question though as the most important thing for us is the opinion of our players... What will keep you playing? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So what happens Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happens   So what happens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what happens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: