Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lost Cherry question thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CherryKiss

The Lost Cherry question thread Empty
PostSubject: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Hello! I'm a new player to Battle Conquest, and have found myself looking for answers to some questions and having difficulty. I finally decided to register here and post this topic so I can ask my questions of the community, and hopefully get some answers.

I realize many of my questions might have been posted before in other threads, and I make an effort to look for these, but if I can't find an answer reasonably easy, I'll post my question here instead and hope for the best.

That said, my first question is: What is the giant horse on the battle map? I think it is an army sent out by the enemy capital (NPC or PC??) and I think I'm supposed to attack it somehow, either by hitting the sector or the horse directly? but I'm not sure. Can someone please explain the giant horse on the map to me?
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:41 pm

You are right that they are NPC armies sent from each capital to attack the region marked with their banner. Dont let the icons fool you though, it may appear the light side is represented by a man on a horse but i can assure you it is almost entirely comprised of the most reliable dwarven soldiers, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
CherryKiss

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

haha if you say so! I heard in chat dwarf calvary are slower than their footmen too.

So should I be attacking this giant NPC horse whereever it ends up going?

If I flee a unit from battle, does it lose anything? Last Coop I played I had one unit nearly slaughtered, and I ran it around the outer edge of the map until my allies came to slay my persuers, but I'm not sure that is any better than just running my unit away instead.

and I still need to try and figure out what the two arrows in a circle pattern mean, just over the surrender flag button in the battle screen. let alone all the tiny buttons by the mini map. I'd be nice to have more mouseover help available for such buttons, maybe an option to turn mouseover help on and off too, so vets wouldn't have popups when they move to those buttons.

I've just recently started cooping because of the awesome rewards, though I tend to lose more troops than I did in solo. at least so far I haven't lost all my armies in a fight, and I always end up gaining at least a little experience overall, in addition to the rewards. But I always feel a little guilty when I only have three troops and my allies have around 6 or so! am I making these battles harder by only bringing three, or does it scale down based on what I've brought with me?

on to the next battle!
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:08 pm

it does indeed scale down sir, so don't feel bad Smile

and im not sure, but i believe that a unit fails to gain XP if it flees battle? I havent seen anything in forums about this either, and only fled once....unintentionally xD
Back to top Go down
CherryKiss

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm certain you still gain xp if you flee, as I have gained XP after fleeing recently, but I'm not sure if the XP was any less because I fled, or if there were any other consequences for fleeing a unit
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:16 pm

CherryKiss wrote:
I'm certain you still gain xp if you flee, as I have gained XP after fleeing recently, but I'm not sure if the XP was any less because I fled, or if there were any other consequences for fleeing a unit
You are correct.

About other consequences - I dont think there are any, but I havent examined this closely. If so, they are quite small to not be obvious.

That said, any minor consequences wouldnt matter to me much. If I'm at the point where I need to flee, I would rather have that small consequence than have my unit die and lose a large chunk of XP.

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:20 pm

CherryKiss wrote:
and I still need to try and figure out what the two arrows in a circle pattern mean, just over the surrender flag button in the battle screen. let alone all the tiny buttons by the mini map. I'd be nice to have more mouseover help available for such buttons, maybe an option to turn mouseover help on and off too, so vets wouldn't have popups when they move to those buttons.
Thats a rotate button. It changes the facing of your troops. Counter clockwise.

If you doubleclick, you can sometimes get your troops to rotate clockwise, but it can be a little temperamental.
Back to top Go down
CherryKiss

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:17 am

Thanks for the answers! I figured out the rotation button eventually on my own too...each click is a 1/8th rotation, and you can click multiple times to add up the rotate. handy when I've moved behind an obsticle and want to face the right way before the enemy arrives.

About fleeing. I know there is a flee button, but it only seems to work when I'm actually meleeing someone, other than that I can't seem to get it to work in order to flee my units off the map Sad is there any way to get a disengaged unit to retreat off the map??
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:34 am

CherryKiss wrote:
Thanks for the answers! I figured out the rotation button eventually on my own too...each click is a 1/8th rotation, and you can click multiple times to add up the rotate. handy when I've moved behind an obsticle and want to face the right way before the enemy arrives.

About fleeing. I know there is a flee button, but it only seems to work when I'm actually meleeing someone, other than that I can't seem to get it to work in order to flee my units off the map Sad is there any way to get a disengaged unit to retreat off the map??
Nope. Best case is to move to the edge and wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Cherry question thread   The Lost Cherry question thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cherry question thread
Page 1 of 1