Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Capital Army out of Control

Go down 
+7
Metalsiagon
Boboknack
LSLarry
ferarith
Johntheright
Narmis
Siranthony
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Siranthony

Dark Capital Army out of Control Empty
PostSubject: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:06 am

Hello

Please address the dark horse cp output, just logged on and found out the dark horse had laid down 48% damage on hex 74. I for one believe this to be an inordinate amount of damage. Is anyone out there capable of addressing this.

Thank you
Siranthony
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:18 am

I agree that the Capital Armies are far too overpowered now. No Capital Army (in my opinion) should be able to claim a hex by itself. As it stands now, both AI armies can do serious damage to a hex with one battle. And with the proximity of the battle front to the Dark Capital, the Dark AI Army is doing almost as much damage in a day as the whole Dark Faction is doing.

There are balancing mechanisms, and then there is creating an unwinnable scenario. The current power of the AI armies is making this war unwinnable.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:18 am

The best way the AI-army worked, was during the 1st map on Everos. That worked fine, imo.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:24 am

SirA,

I saw a drop on 74 from 52% to 4% while i was in battle. so i'm calling it 48%. On the topic i believe the armies need to have their max damage be a percentage of hex containers. And their max be set at something quite a bit lower than the observed changes. i believe that 25% of the container would be an optimum cap. previously when the dark army was doing ~30% it was a big strategic factor but overcomeable if we, as a faction, were smart and worked together. over 100% of a hex per cycle does not seem like something we can overcome. Seems like the dark faction can simple leave the south to their army and fight in the north if they so choose and we couldn't advance.

Sincerely,

Ferarith
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 11:55 am

Hello, why not use Ulf's poll and participate in his thread? I appreciate your position, but I think one topic keeps the issue prevalent and focuses discussion.
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Larry hope you are well

For one thing I did not know of Ulf's post

Also, the reason I believe I did not know of Ulf's post, is because the topic title, does not succinctly relay,  the subject matter of his post.

Furthermore, I do not believe the subject matter of his post, to adequately define the imperativeness,  of the situation, a resolution of the stated game problem is needed post haste. Nor do I agree with a large portion of what he stated in his post.

I appreciate your input.

Respectfully
Siranthony
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Take the northern regions and slowly but steadily push southwards and you guys will make the Dark AI army have more regions to attack, that will solve the problem in the long run.

No rest for the wicked!
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:49 pm

There is already a thread about this, let this one die and carry on the discussion on Ulfrieden's post.
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: This is about the immediate damage Dark Capital army is having   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:33 am

With all due respect Metalsiagon

This post is advocting the immediate change of capital army power.

Ulfs post allthough interesting, has allready gone off on many tangents (read the post). We all know what they are talking about in there, will never come to pass. This post, I repeat is for the one simple change of dialing back the capital armies. I believe we must focus on that one thing. I do not know why so many wish the death of the thread either. It's diversionary to talk about all the other stuff, just like its diversionary to be fighting up north.

Respectfully
Siranthony
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 am

SirA,

Your title is "Dark Capital Army out of Control" (that is pretty much why I would want the thread to die)

If we were to take that literally...that you are only talking about the Dark Capital Army...you were bound to get a lot of opposition.

Everyone is interpreting it to mean Capital Armies as a whole, though you didn't ever say that.

Say what you will about Ulf's topic, but he starts from a position of neutrality and included a poll. I derailed his threadApologies to Ulf., but his topic title is either more accurate or more fair, depending on your perspective.

This issue is not new, Exiled may have had it the worst for the longest. Being centrally located exposes you to a 58% attack with the current Capital army strength. Even before that I'd asked for a decrease that we never got1.

To me the most telling aspect here is Ulf's poll. There probably should have been 6 choices, with the first being split into: 1. A large increase and 2. a large decrease. Additionally, the last choice is a bit unclear, but probably means: "AI armies should be removed entirely" I'm surprised no one selected that option.

At the least more people support a change than those that don't. Also, of those that do want a change, more of them want to decrease the power.

(Between 4 and 6 people want a decrease, whereas only 1-3 want an increase)

1: Here I ask for a decrease - http://www.battleconforum.com/t2490-capital-armies#21227
Instead, we get an increase - http://www.battleconforum.com/t2528-capital-armies-decision-making-and-cp-generation#21348
I say that seems like a high amt - http://www.battleconforum.com/t2528p15-capital-armies-decision-making-and-cp-generation#21441
..and we get another increase - http://www.battleconforum.com/t2555-update-25-7-2014#21629
Conclusion: we're going to get another increase now because of these threads Razz
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:25 am

Boboknack wrote:
Take the northern regions and slowly but steadily push southwards and you guys will make the Dark AI army have more regions to attack, that will solve the problem in the long run.

No rest for the wicked!

hehehe, hard to make them understand, Bobo! Very hard, believe me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yso, the last choice is exactly what u guess: Very Happy  delete it .
I didn t put the choice ' large increase ' for i didn t expected someone could wish even more influence to the war result in the hand of the AI  Very Happy  so the poll isn t symmetric, but it is not a problem .
And, you didn t derailed the topic, you added an interesting evolution to it.
I agree with you about the title of this one by SirA, it is not the Dark Army but both which need a fix hehe.
I apologize for the light perspective sometimes is not so open as needed. But the Light is the Light, we are on the Right part, so the doubts are not part of our world hahaha
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Hail   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:45 am

Ysosad

Thank you very much for your input, very interesting

So it has come to this , don't even address the topic of the thread, deny my right for open discussion even. Attack the semantics of the discussion, not the true point. Truly divisive.

I will state again, for your clarification, and the fact that it keeping the topic fresh. This thread is advocating the immediate change of capital army power (for Ysosad and Ulf), that would be the light as well as the dark army, if the light was attacking hexes three times a cycle with over 12,000 cp, I would emphatically be pressing to change that. It's having an immense effect on the overall moral of the players in this game. At the moment the dark faction is reaping the benefits. Thus you want to subvert the topic and avoid it. My concern is for the playability and fun of the game, yours, I perceive is not. My concern is also for the new players and there sense of a fair game. That is why in my opinion the lights develop and keep more active players, they know we want fair play, over momentary gratification.

Please stay focused on topic , I think Ulf's thread is great just different tangent.

Respectfully
Siranthony
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:48 am

Reading Ulf's post would be informative.

1. "Dark Capital Army out of Control" is not neutral and implies that you only want to effect change to one side.

2. There is an upper limit to the capital armies CP generation, while there could be bugs, a screen of the capital army total CP breaking that limit would be appreciated and then this post should be moved to the "Bugs" section.

3. The capital armies as they are now have not changed in the past few weeks, so what is happening now is just chance. Unless Rune pops out of vacation and says there was a hidden change, its still the same as its been.

4. We all know that the army attacking algorithm is messed up, but it is not a serious problem for either side since this sort of thread only pops up when ever some side's army is hitting bad targets.

5. Right now this is just as likely as Ulf's post, since there has not been a word from the devs in two weeks. So aside from a bug, this exactly the kind of topic that resides in the poll talking about changing the capital armies.

The capital armies should be increased in power to make them more viable in strategic changing plans, as mentioned in Ulf's post. The armies are not supposed to be balancing factors, and at best they change the fate of only a few hexes each cycle.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: <(@.@<) ====3 <(OvvO<)   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 am

Siranthony wrote:
Ysosad

So it has come to this , don't even address the topic of the thread, deny my right for open discussion even. Attack the semantics of the discussion, not the true point. Truly divisive.

I will state again, for your clarification, and the fact that it keeping the topic fresh. This thread is advocating the immediate change of capital army power (for Ysosad and Ulf), that would be the light as well as the dark army, if the light was attacking hexes three times a cycle with over 12,000 cp, I would emphatically be pressing to change that. It's having an immense effect on the overall moral of the players in this game. At the moment the dark faction is reaping the benefits. Thus you want to subvert the topic and avoid it. My concern is for the playability and fun of the game, yours, I perceive is not. My concern is also for the new players and there sense of a fair game. That is why in my opinion the lights develop and keep more active players, they know we want fair play, over momentary gratification.

Please stay focused on topic , I think Ulf's thread is great just different tangent.

Respectfully
Siranthony

I don't think you started from a neutral state, that is part of my point. I saw both this thread and Ulf's and decided that his preceded yours, had a better tone for discussion on both sides and because it had a poll I'd be speaking there at the time.

The 'semantics' of the Title are important to me, I should think they would be to you as well. Further, your first post is only talking about the Dark Army...your thread starts off one-sided...often that is fine, but I have a colored perception (wrongfully or not) of you based on your few posts in forums. I don't know how long ago you started playing but your posts are mostly recent with the majority coming across to me like you only wish to advocate for changes at the point that they suit your Faction. There is nothing wrong with that, you have to support your Faction (hell, I can respect and admire that in a way)...but that is who you are to me, because it is all I know of you.

I spoke up here because I think you genuinely seem to not understand why people are reacting the way they are. I cannot speak for them, but I wanted you to understand my mindset when reading your thread and your posts here and elsewhere.

If you have a question as to where my concerns lie, whether I care about playability and fun, I ask you to take a look through my posts in the past. If that is too tedious, I understand, just ask some of the older Light players (johntheright, Viper, Tibr, Krawehl, etc.). I can be argumentative (probably very often), but I've always tried to be fair and think of creative solutions to a problem...and yes, I often come up with unrealistic suggestions.

I've been on both sides, the Light side and Dark...they were not very different. Granted, the turnover rate is high enough that maybe the Light side has shifted drastically, or maybe I'm not seeing how much the Dark side has changed, idk.

That said, I did make an attempt to respond on topic to your thread, albeit not how you may have wished. Specifically, I talk about Ulf's poll results because I believe that it is a better illustration of what the community thinks than what discussion alone (and yes, there is a place for that too, of course) could achieve. You are asking for an immediate change, I'm making the point that several others agree with you on that point.

(also, I need to work on being succinct.)
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:23 am

Siranthony wrote:
Ysosad

Respectfully
Siranthony

I think you need to check your bias SirA. I think we all agree the capital armies are OP and need to be tweeked or done away with. You seem to come off as "the game is only playable when the light side is winning". You say you would emphatically press to change things (with regard to the capital armies) if it threatens the playability and fun of the game. Where were you when our capital army was backfilling and your capital army was keeping the Exiled from doing *anything* but defending our regions from it. In your terms, this allowed the light to press south without any concern for the north because your capital army was single-handedly taking the north. I could be mistaken, but I don't' recall you wanting a nerf to the capital armies then.
Also, your topic is "dark capital army out of control" ... not "capital armies out of control", this leads to people believe you only want a nerf to the dark capital army.
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: Whoa Horsey !!   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:32 pm

I think your are all great players

Please go back to first post, we are veering off course again

I am biased, I want to crush you (in the game - i don't hate you)
Only fairly, I want you to hang around for further fighting. Rightly, there should be some competitive spirit, like Yso said. I love it.

I cant pay reparations for past transgressions, only sympathize, and do what I can to ensure fairness , which now seems to be squat, because when I talk the equivalent of riots break out. I can see my effigy burning on your streets as we speak. You, are all attacking me, and not even addressing the original post.

Maybe just a quick line saying we agree capital armies are not working right now,  and we agree it should be changed. (I think Yso did, thanks for that, way down at the bottom of his post).

Don't know what to say, your emotions are charged. Whether you believe it or not , i really like the game , and am saying the capital armies are pooping all over it , and no one seems to have a shovel , or a mind to clean it.

Metalsiagon I disagree with you adamantly on these issues:

(Dark army out of control) all ready addressed this. Dark army was out of control but believe light has same potential to be stupid. Please read earlier post.

what is the upper limit of capital army cp generation?

capital armies were doing only 4000 ish cp few days ago someone tweaked it. I cant believe it was just chance.

the army attacking algorithm,  i believe is a serious problem at the moment , its unfair , my whole point

I do not believe the capital armies should be increased in power, they put out too much cp now. The fate of a few hexes, is what happens each cycle Metal, its the game.

Go to Ulf's post if you don't like this. You don't have to agree with me. I'm not offended if you don't agree with me , and I certainly do not think I am all ways right. I certainly don't know the stats as well as you Metal, but I know what I know, I will listen if you want to educate me.

Respectfully looking for places to hide
Siranthony Smile
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 1:42 pm

From other topic
RuneSlayer wrote:

The Capital Army will never generate more CP than the 25% of the Regional CP container. If for example the Regional CP container is 32k, a Capital Army will never generate more than 8k CP.

Why CAs generate 12,3 k cp?
Why they drop faction influence on a hax by more than 40%?
Why they hit hexes that have no connection to front-line?
Why they hit hexes few times in a row?
Why they hit hexes with more than 90% faction influence? I mean DCA hit dark hex with 90% influence, same with LCA.
Back to top Go down
Siranthony

PostSubject: thanks Strachu   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 pm

That's all that needs to be said

This thread  is done - go to Ulf's post

Respectfully
SirA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Capital Army out of Control   Dark Capital Army out of Control I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Capital Army out of Control
Page 1 of 1