Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Full Guide For Beginners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tops

A Full Guide For Beginners Empty
PostSubject: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 pm

So I guess this is technically some self-advertising going on, but I made a guide for new players on my guild's website and I've been sharing it with lots of other guilds and people.

virulentbc.weebly.com (soon to be virulentbc.com) has a lot of helpful information and step-by-step image based guides for the basic starting tasks of Battle Conquest.

You don't have to be in Virulent to use this, I didn't password protect the site or anything. Any and every guild and player may use this to their content, dark or light side. I believe it's simplified enough that any new player could learn how to play the game properly through it. It's my gift to all newbies Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 am

Tops wrote:
So I guess this is technically some self-advertising going on, but I made a guide for new players on my guild's website and I've been sharing it with lots of other guilds and people.

virulentbc.weebly.com (soon to be virulentbc.com) has a lot of helpful information and step-by-step image based guides for the basic starting tasks of Battle Conquest.

You don't have to be in Virulent to use this, I didn't password protect the site or anything. Any and every guild and player may use this to their content, dark or light side. I believe it's simplified enough that any new player could learn how to play the game properly through it. It's my gift to all newbies Smile

Very nice!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:03 am

Decent.. :p except a few things  scratch 

Quote :
Nightmare difficulty+ is where gear starts to become necessary.
what about pvp/coops or lower than NM? NM with naked LIAball is easier than hard with geared Li.. It's such a generalization.

Quote :
Every time you do a battle, you use up a command point.

only solos.. not coops or pvps! >.<

Quote :
Kiting is a form of hit-and-run battle. It's main advantages are that it allows for fast-paced battles
fast paced? If you mean solo where you can speed up and still run around... Not good to make it sound as a generally rly quick and cool tactic everywhere... In pvps it's slow and horrible.

Quote :
PVP and high level solos are the fastest way to earn resources.
pvp?? You probably just looked at reward table on the world map.. which isn't rly correct -_-
Due to low tier advantages and good rewards that some people get, perhaps.. Or great drops which can be sold, a bit exploiting the system...
But generally pvp is BAD for resources. For noobs it's coops while they don't have NM yet, then solos. Pvp is for fun + risky.

Otherwise I guess nice.. Especially those pics ^^
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:17 am

I meant to say fragments on the last one, not resources. I should definitely fix that one, I'll get on it.

Kiting I just put a general description on, I planned to replace all three topics in that strategy section gameplay videos at some point. But yeah, the description sucks. I'll see if someone more experienced with it than myself is willing to write up a more detailed one Smile

Command Points I'll clear up, and as for the gear generalization it would extend the discussion significantly to go through and describe the pros and cons of all the different possible situations. In general, Nightmare+ should be run with gear, and difficulties Hard- are pretty easy to run without gear. Newbies will learn what situations their army works best with as they gain experience, and their armies may vary a lot from ones I know how to work with best.

As for PVP/coops, they just weren't intended to be discussed in that image. Both of them vary wildly in difficulty and equipment used, not just from unit types and levels but also from your partners/enemies. It's got a lot more variety than solo, so it's more difficult to sum up.

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancies, it would definitely be bad to be giving people wrong advice Razz I'll get right on fixing it up some.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

Another prob.

You said that heroes get xp even if they die. I took a look at this. My 1 Hero had 13 kills then he died. I got NO xp for him. Zip, zero, nada.

But otherwise it is nice. I'm still browsing through it.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 am

Gimli wrote:
Another prob.

You said that heroes get xp even if they die. I took a look at this. My 1 Hero had 13 kills then he died. I got NO xp for him. Zip, zero, nada.

That's strange, I get XP on mine even when they die.

You sure their entire unit didn't die? Heroes gain no XP when their whole unit dies, but if the units still lives then they do.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 am

Yeah unit must survive the battle, then hero can die and still get exp :p

What was the wording exactly in the guide?

Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 am

Quote :
Heroes still gain experience when they die, as long as the unit lives.

I haven't changed that one at all, it's on the "Training troops" page
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:19 pm

I'd like to announce that this guide seems to be a pretty big success Very Happy

In the past 30 days, I've gotten a reported 551 views! I'm pretty excited Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Tops wrote:
I'd like to announce that this guide seems to be a pretty big success Very Happy

In the past 30 days, I've gotten a reported 551 views! I'm pretty excited Smile

You deserve a thousand gems!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Full Guide For Beginners   A Full Guide For Beginners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Full Guide For Beginners
Page 1 of 1