Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aether rewards

Go down 
+3
Juggernaut
Tops
Bblazer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bblazer

Bblazer

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:36 am

Why were they reduced dramatically?

Previously they were much higher and in the disrupted "Olympus" server, the game ended in weeks and again in 6 days, and the general reward was 150 aether.
Now its half for the winner and nothing as close for the losers.
The real problem is it toke months to reach were we are right now whereas it was a mere moment for the other server.

I know,(95% sure) nothing is going to happen and don't know why I bother in posting this, but only to get it out of my mind and maybe make some people wary that it seems unfair, doesn't make much sense and the fact that aether item are just non-existent now.
Back to top Go down
Tops

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I think this is one of two things:

1) The game devs thought aether items were too OP (I disagree with that)

2) The devs decided that only the most active players should be rewarded with aether (I agree with the idea but not the execution)

To be honest, I would prefer a full revamp of Aether. I think it should be treated as a forging material to further improve already-made items.

For example, let's say you craft a godlike HI weapon and you just look at it and go "dang, I'm good." People hug and cry when they see it. You try to sleep at night and just see this beautiful weapon. It has it's own movie contract. That kind of weapon.

Well, you could take aether and use it to reforge that weapon when it's durability gets low enough. But this isn't just some standard reforging: you take that worn and busted weapon and reinforce it with some aether. Now all of a sudden you've got that awesome weapon with unlimited durability.

This way people can get more use out of aether, it's not unbalancing the game because they're just improving the type of weapon they already have access to, and the people who are only getting like 25 aether or something (which is a stupidly low reward IMO) can still benefit.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:58 pm

BUMP¡ Razz http://www.battleconforum.com/t2415p15-improve-aether-rewards-for-stalemates#20582
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Bblazer wrote:
Why were they reduced dramatically?

Previously they were much higher and in the disrupted "Olympus" server, the game ended in weeks and again in 6 days, and the general reward was 150 aether.
Now its half for the winner and nothing as close for the losers.
The real problem is it toke months to reach were we are right now whereas it was a mere moment for the other server.

I know,(95% sure) nothing  is going to happen and don't know why I bother in posting this, but only to get it out of my mind and maybe make some people wary that it seems unfair, doesn't make much sense and the fact that aether item are just non-existent now.

I totally agree with you on this matter, a lot of people have spend hours upon hours playing this game, and they get almost nothing out of it - except a ridiculous title.

I figure you're right about not getting an answer, as long as the player imbalance isn't being resolved or getting a response at least, I doubt something will be done about this issue as well.  Sad 

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Taking into consideration how long game cycles last, i think it should be possible for a top 100 player to at least be able to get one great item ~ 260 Aether in a year. Top 10 players should be able to get two of those in the same time. That should be doable with one win and one loss per year.

Right now a top 100 player with 1win 1loss per year gets: 95 aether
Right now a top 10 player with 1win 1loss per year gets: 195 aether

I think that is too little. Especially, now with the 40k cp core necessity that probably disqualifies beginners from rewards in their first game cycle.

Unless game cycles become shorter i suggest to
- lower the core cp down to 25-30k
- increase the core reward to 100
- increase the top 100/50 by 25 each
- increase the top 10 by 50
- change top 1 2 3 to 350 275 200
- adjust the loser rewards to ~ 70% of winner reward. Right now its around 40%.

Then we will see
top 100 with 1 win 1 loss get around: 250
top 10 get around: 400

If the current low rewards were a slim punishment for the olympus cheat rush, now the wrong ppl are getting hurt.

[Having said that, i prefer a change to game mechanics and shorter cycles, the aether suggestion is for a year. Should cycles last only 4 months at some point, rewards need to be reconsidered a little.]
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:37 am

Aether doesn't really add much of an endgame this way either. It's simply not an incentive except for (maybe) the top three players in a faction.... If the purpose of Aether was to add 'meaning' to winning the map, it is failing in this purpose.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 5:41 pm

I like Tibr's suggestion. As an answer to the problem of cycles not always lasting the same length and sides "cheating", all that I believe has to be done is to multiply the aether reward by the length of time that the cycle has been ongoing.

For example, if 100 is the base-line aether amount for 6 months, a 3 month cycle would reward 50. A 12 month cycle would award 200. And if players cheat and let one side win in only a month, it would be a measly 16 baseline aether (rounded down), which would make the cheating not even worthwhile for either side even with the increased aether reward to the losing side that Tibr suggests (and that I agree with).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aether rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aether rewards   Aether rewards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aether rewards
Page 1 of 1