Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We are still outnumbered!

Go down 
+3
ysosad
Gimli
Boboknack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boboknack

Boboknack

We are still outnumbered! Empty
PostSubject: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:17 am

604 Dark players.

Vs.

827 Light players.

The imbalance is slowly but steadily growing. Last time I checked, we were outnumbered by 208, now that number has risen to 223.

No solution to this problem? scratch 
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:52 am

Those numbers are active and inactive players.

The numbers of ACTIVE players are almost balanced(not completely). And btw I don't see Darks struggling a lot on the map.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 am

Gimli wrote:
Those numbers are active and inactive players.

The numbers of ACTIVE players are almost balanced(not completely). And btw I don't see Darks struggling a lot on the map.

Define almost balanced. If by that you mean 55 Light players to every 45 Dark, you should realize that is a 22% difference. In any game that I have ever played that is a large difference.

That said, if you are OK with it, how about some corrective action be taken so that Dark has the 22% advantage...I'm sure you would agree that it would be almost balanced.

Anyway, at this point in time no measures have been taken, even token ones to actually try to correct this...and that is what annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:57 am

It simply means that people done prefer "going" Dark and for a good reason too Razz.
You dont expect that people be forced to join dark side just cuz you are outnumbered.
Also If this game is supposed to end then we need imbalance . Otherwise this would never end
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 am

Pulkit wrote:
It simply means that people done prefer "going" Dark and for a good reason too Razz.
You dont expect that people be forced to join dark side just cuz you are outnumbered.
Also If this game is supposed to end then we need imbalance . Otherwise this would never end

1. fixing this isn't just about forcing people to join a particular side. It might be as simple as adjusting that CP bonus so it calculates not only CPs but also amount of active players.

2. We need CP imbalance, to move on the map. Now we have balanced cps and imbalanced players, so it's not only a stalemate, but with screwed up proportions of factions (and each dark earns more than each light EVERY DAY and we still can't see a result of that.. Logically the side which does more, sees more result, right.?)

I wonder if devs still try to have a game with long long cycles even if community doesn't rly want it....

Gimli wrote:
And btw I don't see Darks struggling a lot on the map.

It's mostly because of long cycles, all map progress is slow. Also top players are darks, eg. in top 10 there are just 1-2 active lights. So those few players can counter 100 noobs, but it's not fair or fun.
And I guess top players would eventually get bored of it, then they go inactive and only random noobs remain. Fun?

yso wrote:
That said, if you are OK with it, how about some corrective action be taken so that Dark has the 22% advantage...I'm sure you would agree that it would be almost balanced.
Of course it's balanced, mwahaha, would be nice to see that.

hey you! Glad to see you're still posting about it
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am

Pulkit wrote:

This argument doesn't standup to scrutiny, which I've pointed out before to a number of people.

There are two points that you make:

1. "You dont expect that people be forced to join dark side just cuz you are outnumbered."

A. Why WOULDN'T that be exactly what one might expect...that the two sides be even? (But, whatever, let's concede that it is not a good thing to force balance.)

B. Think outside of the box.  - Even a token offering such as making the recruitment bonus kick-in when the active population is less disparate, be a better bonus, and include a description of it's monetary value would be more than is currently being done. Doing something more to actually address the problem is what is being asked for.

So, this part of the argument is poor if not on it's premise, then certainly in that it fails to address a third (or more) option: 1. do nothing. 2. force balance 3. increase strength of incentives to promote balance. 4. etc, etc.

2. "Also If this game is supposed to end then we need imbalance. Otherwise this would never end"

A. No game where two players or teams compete should NEED a numerical player difference to have a conclusion. If this game requires that, then you should be looking at the game design...that's where the problem lies. (e.g. Wall strength, CP bonus, AI armies, Regional container size, 8-hour cycles, attack restrictions on the Capital and bordering regions (coops), etc.)

B. The imbalance has existed almost since the game's inception, with Light outnumbering Dark. If the imbalance is what is needed for a winner, you might as well be saying you believe the game is designed to have the Light side always win. That shouldn't happen. It is not what a player signs up for when they join this game. It isn't what people expect when they play ANY game.

C. Considering the Light HAS the 22% player advantage and the war is even-ish, I think it is a safe bet to say that the Light would be in a lot of trouble if the players were even....that would also solve your stalemate problem.

Hey Fyrr. I can't help it...people just ignore the reality that player balance is fundamental. That it works just fine in so many examples that they already know about. They pretend that BC might explode if balance was attained or that balance would lead to a stalemate, as if the latter hasn't already happened (and therefore is unrelated).
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Yeah Excellent Idea. Give 22% CP bonus to darkies because they are outnumbered. Then they will become stronger and hurt light more than before. Soon , Light would get a CP bonus which would not only counter your 22% but also give us an edge. Result : Stalemate.
Maybe the CP bonus should be decided on Amount of CP generated divided by number of players who made that CP(Lets call this variable CP average).
And if the team with the lower CP average is losing , then no CP bonus for them.
As to increasing the numbers of darkies , incentives would do good. But not gear or anything but a resource bonus ( eg. +15% resource gather speed till (say) 2k fame). I dont see any other way to increase your numbers.
PS. We already have lost a lot of good players (more than darks) due to "The Goblin Incident" and maybe thats why there are more darks in top 10. (i think).
PPS. The undynamic nature of this game has led to even more players stop grinding CP (including me) . I only fight at cycle end and I believe more will follow.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:51 am

Well it doesn't seem as anything will change, the dev's are preoccupied with promoting another game or whatever the hell it is they are up to?

To say the least the last week has been very disappointing for me, first discovering that the CP BONUS is still around, the dev's working on another game and the unwillingness of players to see one faction win the game, it's getting ridiculous! clown 
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 am

Pulkit wrote:
Yeah Excellent Idea. Give 22% CP bonus to darkies because they are outnumbered. Then they will become stronger and hurt light more than before. Soon , Light would get a CP bonus which would not only counter your 22% but also give us an edge. Result : Stalemate.
Maybe the CP bonus should be decided on Amount of CP generated divided by number of players who made that CP(Lets call this variable CP average).
And if the team with the lower CP average is losing , then no CP bonus for them.
As to increasing the numbers of darkies , incentives would do good. But not gear or anything but a resource bonus ( eg. +15% resource gather speed till (say) 2k fame). I dont see any other way to increase your numbers.
PS. We already have lost a lot of good players (more than darks) due to "The Goblin Incident" and maybe thats why there are more darks in top 10. (i think).
PPS. The undynamic nature of this game has led to even more players stop grinding CP (including me) . I only fight at cycle end and I believe more will follow.

You mistake me, I'm one of the few that doesn't want the CP bonus AT ALL. I hate that 'need' and If I had it my way it woul only be about the active population being insignificantly different. That 22% is huge. If Light had many more before the GG then the disparity was even larger. As to the bonus, idc what it is per se, but it should be significant enough to MAYBE sway a few more people to the point that the disparity shrinks. It's a start and at this point I'd take anything.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:22 am

When I joined up on Olympus the recruitment bonus was paltry. A couple items and a frag or two I think. Paid it basically no attention after ~1 day of play. It looked shiny though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:31 am

I think few ppl liked the idea to have the recruitment bonus be smth like vip for 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are still outnumbered!   We are still outnumbered! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are still outnumbered!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: