Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ranged Unit in FoW bug

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobba

Ranged Unit in FoW bug Empty
PostSubject: Ranged Unit in FoW bug   Ranged Unit in FoW bug I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 am

When a ranged unit is firing at a unit, and that unit goes into the fog but still within the ranged units range, the ranged unit will continue firing at them accurately until they either take cover or go out of the ranged units range. This could be what causes the briefly mentioned "cheating artillery" problem. Make ranged units go idle or follow when a targeted unit goes into the fog, instead of firing upon them anyways.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Ranged Unit in FoW bug   Ranged Unit in FoW bug I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:13 am

Maybe this is related to that issue.

My archers keep firing at units that already fled the battlefield.

On second thought there is another strange thing about units that have left the battlefield. A unit following a fleeing unit keeps walking against the outside frame of the battlefield once the unit it has been following has left the scene.

I understand the longing and desire of my units to reconnect with their opponents, they once fondled so intensely, but that seems a little over the top Smile.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Ranged Unit in FoW bug   Ranged Unit in FoW bug I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:22 am

Claudandus wrote:
Maybe this is related to that issue.

My archers keep firing at units that already fled the battlefield.

On second thought there is another strange thing about units that have left the battlefield. A unit following a fleeing unit keeps walking against the outside frame of the battlefield once the unit it has been following has left the scene.

I understand the longing and desire of my units to reconnect with their opponents, they once fondled so intensely, but that seems a little over the top Smile.

Haha! I did mention the fleeing enemies being chased even after the left the screen in the test server but I don't think it ever got attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranged Unit in FoW bug   Ranged Unit in FoW bug I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranged Unit in FoW bug
Page 1 of 1