Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new 8 hour cycle.

Go down 
+2
Pyr
Scaren
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

The new 8 hour cycle. Empty
PostSubject: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:11 pm

I would like the cycles changed back to 6 hours.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:15 pm

+1 i would even say 6 cycles 4 hours each that will make game faster and more interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:38 pm

I like the new 8 hour cycles, the more I'm playing with them the better i see it is for a map of this size. With the 6 hour cycles there were "dead zones" where one faction could take advantage of the other mercilessly due to timezone differences, now with only 3 cycles a day, that effect is mitigated.

Like wise with even shorter cycles, I guarantee people would be angry if they went to sleep and woke up with all their regions flipped.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Metalsiagon wrote:
I like the new 8 hour cycles, the more I'm playing with them the better i see it is for a map of this size. With the 6 hour cycles there were "dead zones" where one faction could take advantage of the other mercilessly due to timezone differences, now with only 3 cycles a day, that effect is mitigated.

Like wise with even shorter cycles, I guarantee people would be angry if they went to sleep and woke up with all their regions flipped.

hadn't thought about it that way. Although with both faction boxed in right now maybe that is why it seems so low. Maybe the map will be more dynamic once the faction reach each other.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:00 pm

I thought we all wanted more dynamic gameplay? We are again dead in the water waiting for unclaimed regions to turn either dark or light, will this not lead to people playing till just 10 % influence is gained, and then just logging off because it gets boring watching a 7 hour countdown? I want players to stay on, fight and communicate with each other for longer times, that's beneficial for the community and the game itself, but let's see what happens when the two factions clash!? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Its always slow to start, in reality this is just one less cycle a day. I purpose giving it a chance until at least contact is made in the middle and fighting commences. As it is, its only 11 cycles (at start it was two hexes deep from the capital) to get to the center providing for progress.

2 days and 18 hours with 6 hour cycles vs 3 days and 16 hours with 8 hour cycles (assuming both sides take the shortest route to the center) and both side are fighting over the same hexes during the 12 cycle.

this allows for much more actual combat in each hex, and in my opinion, makes successes worth more as more people can come to arms each cycle.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: The 8 hour cycle   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 pm

I am willing to wait till April when the vaults open back up to give this 8hr cycle a chance.

But, I would like to see more cycles than 4 or 6 in a 24hours. I am just not sure what slowing the game down is supposed to accomplish.

ST
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:11 am

Metalsiagon wrote:

+1

That was the main reason behind this change.

Remember...we have players from all over the world with a variety of time differences.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Metalsiagon wrote:

+1

That was the main reason behind this change.

Remember...we have players from all over the world with a variety of time differences.

Any chance you will move up the deposit being open again? Soon guilds will start taking regions and will need to deposit resources. It's pretty important...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new 8 hour cycle.   The new 8 hour cycle. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new 8 hour cycle.
Page 1 of 1