Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elven Artillery Woes...

Go down 
+2
Tibr
Realf Lantow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Realf Lantow

Elven Artillery Woes... Empty
PostSubject: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Once again here with a rather blaring complaint.

Elves are supposed to be POWERFUL in terms of ranged units.

WHY DO YOU NERF THE (already laughable) BOLTHROWER!?!?!

It's essentially a useless unit already, why do you make it more useless? >:-(

And, for that matter, why do you continue to ignore the RIDICULOUSLY unfair advantage of ALL DARK Arti being non-LOS?

Now, ANGRY COMPLAINT over, I'll try to explain my position...

Artillery is, essentially, useless from my perspective; it's slow moving, low ranged, low survivability, and slow firing. Furthermore, you can't equip it, to improve its power. My elven archers can cross 70 missile with gear (speaking of which, why did you nerf (so very long ago!) my archers; even at level 10 with the best GLs I can find, I'm nowhere NEAR reaching their missile cap... I've never seen anything close to it, actually. and my archers *are* supposed to be the best in game, to compensate for my "weaker" LI/LIA/HI.), my artillery will *NEVER* reach 70 missile, and therefore will *NEVER* have as much damage, regardless of what you would like to think, to the contrary.

Admittedly, I've never had a lot of Artillery to play with, but with only 1 artillery, I cannot even get CLOSE to 15 kills with it, regardless of how much I target the center of large groups, weak units, etc... while my archers rarely get fewer than 20 kills unless their targeting fully GL HI.

But....

From the position of what I face in PVE; I can tell you this:

Overall, Light side artillery is, well, a complete and total JOKE. Why do you continue to nerf it?!!!!!!? EACH Light artillery I see, I laugh at; they're a super weak archer which cannot move; cannot take part in the fight, and generally proves a handicap to the "army" which brings it. I've never had high damage from Light artillery, since they simply cannot target my army... (and if you get high damage from Light artillery, it's because you seriously don't know how to use terrain!) whereas, Dark artillery, with it's ridiculous ability to fire OVER obstacles, proves outrageously strong; with 1 or 2, I take only an equivalently few losses from it before I destroy it, but when there are a large number (3+) of dark artillery, it can EASILY crush my army before I have the chance to deal with it...

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Sorry what?

You complain about the bolt thrower right after it got buffed? Read the patch notes properly.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Tibr wrote:
Sorry what?

You complain about the bolt thrower right after it got buffed? Read the patch notes properly.

I stand corrected. Razz it now moves, slightly. Very Happy

I read "reaction time" not "movement"

(how? IDK)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Realf Lantow wrote:
Tibr wrote:
Sorry what?

I stand corrected. :Pit now moves, slightly. Very Happy

I read "reaction time" not "movement"

(how? IDK)

*sighs and shakes his head....*

Enjoy the weekend people...I am off to get some rest away from this madness...

Edit: I swear....Next game will be "Tic Tac Toe" style...
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Its in speed mode now, elven bolt V6 turbo ;-)

I think 7 would have sufficed, players dont move much .. only move to the line of sight, so players benefit in limits. While AI is moving full speed, i wonder what elven AI looks like now...

Maybe i will figure out some new ways to use bolts, maybe even on suicide, no idea yet.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:23 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

Enjoy the weekend people...I am off to get some rest away from this madness...

Edit: I swear....Next game will be "Tic Tac Toe" style...

I'd play it...

And we would still complain about how OP "X" is, since it gets to go first. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 pm

I can't believe rune actually buffed the movement speed and also the same amount I said O_o this must be a dream!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Oh Realf........
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
and my archers *are* supposed to be the best in game, to compensate for my "weaker" LI/LIA/HI

Weaker li/lia/hi .... yeah right  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elven Artillery Woes...   Elven Artillery Woes... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elven Artillery Woes...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: