Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friends left, forums dead already?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ugbash

Friends left, forums dead already? Empty
PostSubject: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:55 pm

My 2 RL friends moved on after playing this religiously for a week. Many of the people that started when I did are also gone.

They left for exactly the reason I stated a week ago: Item durability. There is no permanence to this game, all your work and hours spent give you little to keep you interested when everything lacks a progressive feel of building up a character or army.

I havent logged in for 2 days myself, I just dont see the point. Gaining exp on units I will replace a week or two from now gives me no sense of accomplishment.

The half measures are great additions to the item and crafting system, but again, it should have been scrapped completely and rebalanced for permanent items.

Honestly, for such an interesting pvp action system, it should have more luster. Hope you guys get it fixed before the game tanks completely.

Remember. Never, ever put item durability loss in a game. Its not just universally hated by your customers, it breaks the connection between a gamer and his account, and breeds apathy Sleep . Never, ever do it.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:39 am

Ugbash wrote:
My 2 RL friends moved on after playing this religiously for a week. Many of the people that started when I did are also gone.

They left for exactly the reason I stated a week ago: Item durability. There is no permanence to this game, all your work and hours spent give you little to keep you interested when everything lacks a progressive feel of building up a character or army.

I havent logged in for 2 days myself, I just dont see the point. Gaining exp on units I will replace a week or two from now gives me no sense of accomplishment.

The half measures are great additions to the item and crafting system, but again, it should have been scrapped completely and rebalanced for permanent items.

Honestly, for such an interesting pvp action system, it should have more luster. Hope you guys get it fixed before the game tanks completely.

Remember. Never, ever put item durability loss in a game. Its not just universally hated by your customers, it breaks the connection between a gamer and his account, and breeds apathy Sleep . Never, ever do it.

This issue has been resolved a week ago, when we said that items will never be permanently broken, as they will be able to be reforged to max durability when they reach 0/0 durability.

Also you can check this post here: http://www.battleconforum.com/t173-today-s-patch-has-been

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:03 am

Ugbash wrote:
Gaining exp on units I will replace a week or two from now gives me no sense of accomplishment.

You realize that 40% of your army's AP has to come from those units you say you will replace. Ranking up light infantry and archers is just as important as ranking up heavies / cavalry.

Durability loss is fine - much more so with the ability to reforge items. There are a lot of successful games that have done it well.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Hope he's still around to see the patch, and recognizing the teams efforts to meet the demands of the fans.

If you see this, bring your buddies back man Smile Can now reforge items once min dur is at 4
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:05 pm

to be honest, I don't really hate item durability in a game like this, though it's really the only one I'd say that about. It adds a bit more of the feeling you're managing an army in a game like this, and is realistic to maintenance costs that would appear in other games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friends left, forums dead already?   Friends left, forums dead already? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friends left, forums dead already?
Page 1 of 1