Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Warfare

Go down 
+8
Corkmose
athose
Latexlord
Erlandel
Piktas
Hegorn
Zep
RuneSlayer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:28 am

As you all know, one of the major coming features is Guild Warfare. Guilds will be able to control regions which belong to their Faction and acquire bonuses. We wouldn't want to reveal the whole system, as we want it to be a surprise, but we are more than happy to hear what YOU would like to see and perhaps add more stuff in it.

So shoot away Idea

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:28 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
As you all know, one of the major coming features is Guild Warfare. Guilds will be able to control regions which belong to their Faction and acquire bonuses. We wouldn't want to reveal the whole system, as we want it to be a surprise, but we are more than happy to hear what YOU would like to see and perhaps add more stuff in it.

So shoot away Idea

• Region Offers the Guild Income - just like Cities, it would offer Gold / Wood / Stone / Iron. And the Guild would be able to upgrade the production just as it would it's own Building levels.
  • Upgrade Guild Fortifications, this was discussed during closed beta, the guild would be able to construct Fortifications, Towers, or other militias which would help Protect the Control of the region. Again this would be Upgradable.
  • Guild has a Fixed Fame Associated with it, which increases with the level of upgrades on it.
  • Perhaps offer Special Buildings to be constructed in some regions, which allow forging special equipment, or allow a Bonus on any of the resource that is being produced in that region.

That's off the top of my head for now! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:53 am

CycLonite wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

So shoot away Idea

• Region Offers the Guild Income - just like Cities, it would offer Gold / Wood / Stone / Iron. And the Guild would be able to upgrade the production just as it would it's own Building levels.
  • Upgrade Guild Fortifications, this was discussed during closed beta, the guild would be able to construct Fortifications, Towers, or other militias which would help Protect the Control of the region. Again this would be Upgradable.
  • Guild has a Fixed Fame Associated with it, which increases with the level of upgrades on it.
  • Perhaps offer Special Buildings to be constructed in some regions, which allow forging special equipment, or allow a Bonus on any of the resource that is being produced in that region.

That's off the top of my head for now! Embarassed

They are already part of Guild Warfare. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:36 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

They are already part of Guild Warfare. Wink

Awesome!

Embarassed

Also Special Units for Guilds, each Region can offer an Unique Unit for the Guild Members to Buy. Currently with what is discussed these are Bonuses to the Guild as such and not to individual members. So I was hoping that the fabled Mercenary Camp is unlocked and available once a Guild Captures a Region. This Mercenary Camp can offer hiring Units of various races, but require upkeep (besides the normal healing) for each Battle you enter with them.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:38 am

Two Main Suggestions:
  • Place "objectives" on some hexes that can be captured by guilds. Once captured, they provide bonuses in battle and/or trickle income to the guild and their side.
  • Make Hexes more difficult for a side to capture as they push towards the enemy capital.

A few examples / ideas:
  • Mining Camp -- [Some of the Northern Mountain Hexes] Gives +X% Stone & Iron income to guild members and +Y% bonus to the entire side.
  • Fortified Bridge Crossing -- [The middle Bridge on Hexes 51/57] Gives a significant +X% AP to the size of defending armies. Bridge tax gives +1% gold income to the entire side.
  • Supply Outposts -- [2-3 Temporarily placed in the central 5 columns of hexes. 1 moves randomly every 12 hrs.] Makes it easier to capture the surrounding hexes.
  • Elven Library -- [One of the Forest Hexes] If held by a lightside guild, gives +X% xp. If captured by the dark side, it gives those who worked on that hex a lump sum XP bonus and destroys the building. The library has to respawn after some time, or perhaps after doing nearby quests.

About Objectives:
  • Not all Hexes would have objectives to capture.
  • Some objectives can be static and strategically important to pushing the warfront.
  • Some objectives should move around different areas of the map.
  • Some should be easier to do for smaller guilds.
  • Some can be destroyable / respawnable and give different rewards to each side on a successful capture.

About Hex Difficulty Gradient:
  • For this to work well, there needs to be a bit more movement in the central area of the map. Lots of ways to do this. One way would be to increase the CP decay on hexes farther away from your side's capital. Every 6hrs, the decay would be near non-existent near your capital, but your side would lose a lot of CP on hexes near the enemy capital.
  • Different hexes should have a little more relevance to the overall war strategy - and this relevance should change over time. This makes territory more interesting.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:58 am

As development for Guild Warfare continues, I want to give you some information about it.

1) Some of the Regions on the World Map will have a special bonus, which can be utilized by a Guild when it is under its control. Some of the Regional Bonuses are:

i) Unique Unit Recruitment
ii) Training Grounds (XP Bonus)
iii) Temple (Decreases Units' Healing Time)
iv) Ancient Forge (Decreases Crafting/Repairing/Reforging time and provides a bonus to crafting a better quality item),
v) Gold Mine (Increases Gold Production Rate)
vi) Iron Mine (Increases Iron Production Rate)
vii) Rich Area (Provides More Supplies) more on supplies later..
viii) Dragon's Lair (This may or may not be included, but I wanted to create some hype, because we all love dragons, right? Wink )

2) A new resource will be introduced called "Supplies", which can only be produced by Regions and is required in several aspects of a Guild's operation.

3) Once a Guild attains level 2 and is able to control a Region, then the member with the right permissions can target a specific Region which Guild Members can attack and gain Influence points for the Guild. (Only Regions WITHIN the area of control of a Faction, to which the Guild belongs, can be targeted.)

4) Once a min. number of Influence Points has been gathered and if the Guild has at least 51% Influence in a Region, then at the end of a conquest cycle the Guild gains control of that Region and it becomes its Main Base (we need a cooler name than that... )

5) From then on, the member with the right permissions can target adjacent Regions by declaring military actions:

i) Attack: Guild's attacks will remove Influence from the Guild controlling that Region.
ii) Invade: Guild's attacks will provide Influence points to the Guild for this specific Region.
iii) Fortify: Guild's attacks will add Influence points to the Guild controlling that Region.
iv) Mercenary: Guild's attacks will add Influence points to a pre-selected Guild. (Mercenary work for gold or items or a strategical alliance, or....or...?)

All those military actions will be displayed on the World Map.

6) Once a Guild has a Region, with a Regional Bonus, under its control, then it will need to construct the appropriate building (eg. Gold Mine for example) to access the bonus. All Regional Bonuses are upgradable, as well as the production capability of a Region (Supplies) and each level provides an improved bonus. To upgrade a Regional Bonus, the Guild will require supplies, resources and in some cases a specific Guild level. All Regional Bonuses and Supplies Regional production sites have an upkeep in supplies, so Guilds need to be very careful when they are planning their infrastructure strategy and military operations as it is possible that more supplies will be needed than what can be produced to sustain the bonuses.

7) Influence in a Region will deteriorate every single day, though a Guild which is controlling a Region can reduce the deterioration rate by building Regional Defenses.

8 ) Regional Defenses have be constructed and will require resources and supplies. They have HPs and they CAN be destroyed but also repaired. They are upgradable and each level will provide bonuses to repairing times, Influence Bonuses, better protection from capital armies and even towers with archers and catapults on the battlefield!

9) Enemy Guilds will be able to destroy a Region's Defenses by attacking the Region and destroying a Tower or Towers on the battlefield. Each time a Tower is destroyed, that will be reflected to the Regional Defense's HPs. However, as mentioned above, the defending Guild will be able to repair the damage, though it will require time.

I will leave you with this information for now and a surprise... All the Races will obtain an additional unit, before the Guild Warfare. We believe that new units should be ready by next week. We are planning to add a lot of new units, with different stats, to provide the ground for many variations of army compositions and tactics on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:04 am

Bump for newer players to read the cool plans -- and things I'd like to see us be able to build: http://goo.gl/KBu5m

Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:24 am

that link lol!
Back to top Go down
Erlandel

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:09 am

Well this is certainly interesting. From that description it sounds like guild warfare involves fighting other guilds within your faction in order to gain overall influence. Is that accurate? If so, it adds an interesting political subplot to the game while still maintaining the overall war between light and dark. I like it Smile

Oh, and don't call it a "Main Base," Call it a "Fiefdom" Cool After all, guilds will now be groups holding their own lands while being pledged to their faction.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:58 am

That sound really cool !

About "main base"... Guild castle ? Guild fort ? Maybe let the guild leader choose the name of the castle / city and let it appear on the map...
Back to top Go down
athose

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 am

I REALLY do -NOT- like the idea of internal warfare between guilds in the same alliance.... seriously, how is this a good idea?

Don't do this, please don't do this, thats just bad. It's going to further split the player base and just piss people off when their own allies are screwing them over. People get pissed at 200 points of friendly fire in a 2k AP coop match.

If there isn't enough space for guilds to claim new lands, well then I guess that guild should go out and take some land away from the enemy faction and claim it themselves!

Incorporating a way to make capturing an enemy hex lead into becoming a hex controlled by that legion would be better.

Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 am

athose wrote:
I REALLY do -NOT- like the idea of internal warfare between guilds in the same alliance.... seriously, how is this a good idea?

It can help the low pop side (dark) by divising enemy forces... Maybe it can help solving this issue...
Back to top Go down
Corkmose

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Dark side guilds will be only fighting over the control of capital if nothing is done about the unbalanced population Smile
Back to top Go down
qcpass2080

qcpass2080

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:29 pm

hi,
I just wanna ask if there are new informations about Guild Warfare. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mephy

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:43 pm

qcpass2080 wrote:
hi,

If you are member of a guild, you should ask your guild leader, this was discussed in the High Council meeting. If not, you can mail me your questions and I may or may not be able to answer.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Candidates.   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 pm

It would be cool if a guild would takeover a region by sending candidates to PvP. Like adding a new rank which will allow them to PvP over that region.
Back to top Go down
Gwar

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Mephy
qcpass2080 wrote:
hi,

If you are member of a guild, you should ask your guild leader, this was discussed in the High Council meeting. If not, you can mail me your questions and I may or may not be able to answer.

-----------

That is, if your guild was invited to the high council chat thingy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Warfare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Warfare   Guild Warfare I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Warfare
Page 1 of 1