Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

gem prices for resources

Go down 
+6
RuneSlayer
Bobba
Pearl
Six
XViper
Andrea
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrea

gem prices for resources Empty
PostSubject: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Discord here, maybe i am way off, having said that up front i also want to say i dont mind spending money on games i enjoy playing, but the new resources to gem prices are ridiculous I can honestly say i wont spend any more RL money on the game till the prices go back down
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 pm

To date I haven't purchased any resources with gems, but I was thinking about buying a small amount after my recent Warehouse upgrade was done.

Then this got patched in.

I must say the gems to resource ratio is a little unaffordable, or rather just far too expensive.

I've gotten this far without resource purchases, but having the option at a decent price might be nice. I just can't see anyone using gems for this purpose anymore at this gem:resource ratio.

If you're worried about people completely flooding the market with tons and tons of resources, you could possibly implement a system where the price goes up if it used too much, and lowers again when not purchased for awhile. (per player).

ie. After X many gems (or X %'s have been purchased), the price increases by 10%.

So if I buy the 50% option 5 times, the price increases. If I do it 5 more times, it increases again. Some kind of scale to avoid insane resource flooding, but still affordable for those that only want to do it occasionally.

TLDR:
1. Reduce the Resource per Gem cost. Its way too high now.
2. Increase Gem costs for players who buy resources a lot in chosen time period.
3. Reduce Gem costs (to the base minimum) gradually when those players don't buy resources in a chosen time period.

Last edited by XViper on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Six

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 pm

I am with Discord on this. I have no issues supporting this game and one of the things I enjoyed most was the fact that it seemed reasonable to purchase gems and use them for a bit of resource padding. At these new prices though it does feel a bit spendy. Especially when most of these resources end up assisting my guild and players who initially struggle to get resources at lower levels and are unable to cash gems in game.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 pm

XViper wrote:
If you're worried about people completely flooding the market with tons and tons of resources, you could possibly implement a system where the price goes up if it used too much, and lowers again when not purchased for awhile. (per player).

ie. After X many gems (or X %'s have been purchased), the price increases by 10%.

So if I buy the 50% option 5 times, the price increases. If I do it 5 more times, it increases again. Some kind of scale to avoid insane resource flooding, but still affordable for those that only want to do it occassionally.
From a game point of view, to avoid flooding this is a good idea.

However, from the far more important, psychological, point of view, it will likely feel like punishment to players -- and thus not a wise idea.

You can, however, achieve many of the same goal with discounts.  Example:

• Say, once a week, you can buy up to 50% of your warehouse resources at 80% discount (once, or twice, or thrice?)

• This will achieve the same affect (avoid flooding) .... and be far less likely to feel as punishment to players.

• Also it will let people who want to support the game with a small amount of money get a reasonable "thank you" back (i.e.: a reasonable number of resources, but not enough to skew the economy)
Generally, people accept the concept of special offers, discounts & the normal  higher rate -- far better --- than a rate that keeps going up (even though, of course, mathemtically, its the same result).
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't disagree with you at all Joyce.

Sounds like a good option as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Ah, I don't remember which store it was, but apparently they "lied" about their discounts for a while, raising the prices and then "discounting" to the normal price. Then they decided to just be honest and sell for the normal price to begin with, and removed the discounts. Same price, but they lost tons of business. Silly buyers...

I prefer a more honest business standpoint, but the most effective one is usually the one that makes the buyer feel best, whether or not they actually got a fair deal. So I guess I agree with Joyce on this. It would still be more honest than the aforementioned example I gave. Essentially it would just be a change in what it's called, amazing how it can make such a difference...the feeling of reward vs the feeling of punishment.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 am

Great posts all.

Expect changes on Monday.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:39 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Great posts all.

and this is why we keep coming back!

cheers 
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Just stunned and feeling ripped off   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:02 am

It is stunning at the increase in gems cost to buy resources. I will no longer spend any money on this game till prices go back down.

Stop punishing those of us willing to pay to play.

Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:05 am

Did you read the rest of the thread? Smile

RuneSlayer has already said to expect changes.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 7:51 am

Look at it from the ballance perspective. By building walls you can counter player activity. This is very significant and is moving the game to the p2p a little bit. The gem/res offers are good for personal advance or helping others a little. Yet it got turned to a market manipulator over last weeks. So nerfing gem/res purchase is a good step, i like the idea to limit nr of times you can use the option per week, also the subsequent increase in cost.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: Your opinon   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 am

Tibr I respect your opinion, but I have personally use my gems to help lift several guilds to the next level so they can take additional regions.

I did see the runes post, but its funny how only after they/the devs/ controllers did it, and we complained they decided it was not a good idea (come on man).

Again you can not punish those of us who are willing to pay to play with out any reaction.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 am

I think everyone have the point.

The idea about buying resources with gems is great, dont want to make along explain about that. But before this update the price was a bit too low, and now is way too high. All is about getting a ballance there: dont forget that when the best players in game will get resource building and all other buildings that counts to the max, they wont know what to do with them... and because of that, the prices will drop dramatically, and all good players (explanation: those who have big warehouse & because of that, profitable buying with gems) wont buy gems anymore, so the game will lose many buyers with gems (or they will buy less gems). So the change is needed. So again, make an reasonable gem:resource prices. And dont destroy the game and make an unbeliavable bonuses for gem buyers, as it is in other games, which become ruined because of that (eg. Bitefight & many Gameforge games).

And I must dissagree with some Joyce ideas:

Joyce wrote:
Say, once a week, you can buy up to 50% of your warehouse resources at 80% discount (once, or twice, or thrice?)
That will make only players will buy on those days. Maybe 5-10%, if must.

Joyce wrote:
After X many gems (or X %'s have been purchased), the price increases by 10%.
Im not sure i understood that, buy my idea is, when you buy an resource, you will have an "cooldown", say 3 days, maybe a week, when you will need to buy for more gems, or you couldnt be able to buy.

Why not to make the gems needed to buy a resource dependable on how much players are buying them? Like, if less players are buying, the resource:gem price will drop a bit, otherwise it rise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:02 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Great posts all.

Still at factor x2,47...
=
People wont buy resources via gems and ratio will still/faster go up to 1:3...

Please put it back to old prices and make an limit to ratio, when you want to regulate the market (max. 1:1,25 or something).
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 pm

tommarkc wrote:

And I must dissagree with some Joyce ideas:

Joyce wrote:
Say, once a week, you can buy up to 50% of your warehouse resources at 80% discount (once, or twice, or thrice?)
That will make only players will buy on those days. Maybe 5-10%, if must.

XViper wrote:
After X many gems (or X %'s have been purchased), the price increases by 10%.
Im not sure i understood that, buy my idea is, when you buy an resource, you will have an "cooldown", say 3 days, maybe a week, when you will need to buy for more gems, or you couldnt be able to buy.

Why not to make the gems needed to buy a resource dependable on how much players are buying them? Like, if less players are buying, the resource:gem price will drop a bit, otherwise it rise.
The second point was actually mine. (corrected the quote above).

and it essentially means exactly what you suggested at the bottom. However my intention was to base it on a player by player basis, not on a global playerbase scale. (as this greatly benefits the people who 'get in first').

and 9999. It is not as you say.

Before the price was based on Warehouse size, now it is a flat rate. (Which is MUCH better in my opinion).

It does not seem fair or logical for bigger players to get a better bang for their buck than new players who spend the same amount of real money on gems. With this flat rate they have made it even across the board. While the larger players might feel a sting, the newer players are actually getting a better deal, and mid-range players are sitting at almost the same ratio.

With the previous system it was almost getting to the point where you may as well hand over real cash to someone with a massive warehouse and have them buy resources for you. It was silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 am

XViper wrote:
and 9999. It is not as you say.
It is, like i said.

Before the update last friday, i was able to buy 63163 pieces of Wood/Stone/Iron for 85 Gems.
Now i have to pay for the same amount (63163 pieces) 210 Gems.

Factor x2,47. Fact.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:59 pm

For YOU it is. But not for everyone. I did explain that. It's a flat rate now. Not based on warehouse size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gem prices for resources   gem prices for resources I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gem prices for resources
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: