Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New GL stats

Go down 
+8
Sauron's minion
Piktas
Bobba
Nethack
Souless
Fyrr
Scaren
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm

All these stats did was make those players who crafted gl's before the new stats makes them about invincible. So a terrible solution in my opinion. You can choose to respond to this or not. Doesn't matter to me as long as other players realize now to stay away from people who have been crafting gl's for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Well it's still possible to craft beautiful godlikes..
But.. out of the blue, unannounced changes to stats..!!

Now the worst godlike can be comparable to perfect rare, both stats being 10... Doesn't seem logical. And if the range is +10/+30, it's way too large... Pure gambling. Wtf was wrong with the past range? Noob with some crafting luck can get more with 1 godlike (artifact with 3-4 combat stats...) than veterans who craft 4 awful items with below +15 stats... Not fair. I want godlikes to actually BE GOOD (again). Maybe even what's the point of buying chests, if you can mostly drop +10 stat godlikes... So devs are hurting one of their premium options and by extension - themselves.

Have you changed the frags amount from breaking too or it has always been mostly 1 frag per godlike item..?

Not a nice move at all...

I could have tried crafting more, if I knew what was coming, dammit.

And ha, I bet Rune won't respond. Razz We're too annoying.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:27 am

Please set range to 15 to any craftable epic or godlike, it's useless to have more than the cap can achieve
Back to top Go down
Nethack

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:38 am

I believe that the new stats for GL are +10/+25. Maybe I'm wrong. If this is the case, feel free to ignore all that follows.

One of the unintended consequences of the change on GL items is that, now, we will never see a high level human pvper again... (there is currently none anyway since Vena has become inactive).

If you look at it :

Human HI needs 275 points to reach all caps. Human cav needs 280 points to reach all caps (I'm not taking light units into account since they are way easier to cap for all races).

On the other hand, For undead it's 240 / 255, for elf 265 / 250 and DL 245 / 235. So there is a big big difference when you compare with 275 / 280. (Edit : And undead don't need that bad to cap morale really. Without morale UD is 230 / 235).

Some players already have plenty GL items with stats over +25.

And the human thing is just one example.

The cost to reach all caps is vastly different between an old player with a "cheap" race to cap and a new human (in our example). The first has access to better items and needs less points, the later needs a lot more and will have access to worst items.

So when you add : Players with old items with stats over +25 and caps really easier to reach for some specific races... and when you know that the players with the best items in game use the easiest races to cap...

Pretty safe to say the top in pvp will stay : 1) undead / 2) elf for a very very long time when you know a little. And that is no matter what investment players do or what amount of time they play.

Personnally I guess i'm half lucky / half boned since I had the time to craft a good amount before the change (but still missing the most important). But I know now that some players I can only reach with tons of craft + tons of rerolling stats on units while all they have to do is stay like they are.

Is it worth it ? Erf... But maybe i'm wrong and the new max isn't +25.

EDIT : Oh and honestly, I think not telling anything about it... nothing beforehand, nothing afterward, is really really disrespectful of the players. If a change needs to be made about balance, fine. Maybe +25 is better. But not telling the players is pretty rude.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:03 am

Nethack wrote:
Oh and honestly, I think not telling anything about it... nothing beforehand, nothing afterward, is really really disrespectful of the players. If a change needs to be made about balance, fine. Maybe +25 is better. But not telling the players is pretty rude.
I had to come to the forum to find this out and just found out now...so stupid that they stopped doing patch notes. My condolences to anyone who made a +10 stat GL anytime recently... =/

Even if it is +10/+30 It's still a horrible move because all it does is make people craft a billion times to make good GL's, effectively making it either pay to win, or play for your whole life to win. It's already hard enough to make a good GL, that doesn't need to be changed! if it's +10/+25 that's even worse because the old players will be forever stronger (considering that old GL's have not been adjusted to make up for this!).
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:49 am

Nethack wrote:

Pretty safe to say the top in pvp will stay : 1) undead / 2) elf for a very very long time when you know a little. And that is no matter what investment players do or what amount of time they play.

Personnally I guess i'm half lucky / half boned since I had the time to craft a good amount before the change (but still missing the most important). But I know now that some players I can only reach with tons of craft + tons of rerolling stats on units while all they have to do is stay like they are.
Yup, undead/elf. And I think I have more godlikes than most of them, but I couldn't reach them.. And seems I'll never can. I died, crafted more, died again... Now I'll just die.
Net will stay the only OP dwarf... No humans... No orks.

Nethack wrote:
Oh and honestly, I think not telling anything about it... nothing beforehand, nothing afterward, is really really disrespectful of the players. If a change needs to be made about balance, fine. Maybe +25 is better. But not telling the players is pretty rude.
Yes, THAT'S the most annoying part... Their reason can be simple - 'player will notice anyway', but...ha, it's such an F* you to players.

Bobba the Builder wrote:

had to come to the forum to find this out and just found out now...so stupid that they stopped doing patch notes. My condolences to anyone who made a +10 stat GL anytime recently... =/
yay, I crafted 4 godlikes after update, and 2 of them had stats under +15 (one of stats being the perfect +10).  Crying or Very sad 

P.S. When devs will introduce race changing premium???.. :/
Back to top Go down

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:03 am

Fyrr wrote:
(one of stats being the perfect +10).  Crying or Very sad 
Same here.
-> Breaking item -> losing 3 fragments -> Evil or Very Mad

Later i crafted the following:
Epic Cav Arti:
New GL stats GH441Sb
Rare Cav Banner:
New GL stats PibvTHL

No

Last edited by 9999 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

When the race changes come in I bet a huge amount of people switch to UD. I know I will. The devs seem to ignore almost everyone in the game about the OPness of UD. And most UD are so sensitive about their race. Yes very much agree that not telling the players is very rude. All well let's hope the devs respond to this post although I have to agree with Fyrr that they probably won't. And yes 9999 I feel your pain. My crafting for gl's have been terrible. Ah pretty much not worth it now. :(ah yes my interest in the game is slowly going away. What with the very long delays and now the new crafting stats No

Edit: Yes I have also noticed that breaking seems to be only one frag. Although I haven't crafted enough gl's to really see if it is always 100% of the time just one frag.

Last edited by Scaren on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bobba

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm

9999 wrote:
Fyrr wrote:
(one of stats being the perfect +10).  Crying or Very sad 
Same here.
-> Breaking item -> losing 3 fragments -> Evil or Very Mad

Later i crafted the following:
Epic Cav Arti: +10 Strengh & +8 Melee (20 AP,  Value 5115, Dura 22)
Rare Cav Banner: +10 Strengh & +9 Morale (17 AP, Value 2939, Dura 30)

No
Waaahhtt? Epic stats went down too??? Grrrr.....
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:21 am

Frankly this is enraging. There have already been discussions on the miniscule drop rates of gl and epic frags and how they are retardedly rare to drop we don't need the crafting system to have mental issues as well!
Back to top Go down
Sauron's minion

Sauron's minion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: ???   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 am

I want to know, why artifacts forged by 5 fragments, like for another items need only 3? Also most of them give only 1 bonus like weapon or armor. New GL stats Dragoonzombiehuh
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Sauron's minion wrote:
I want to know, why artifacts forged by 5 fragments, like for another items need only 3? Also most of them give only 1 bonus like weapon or armor. New GL stats Dragoonzombiehuh
ahh some veteran players were having a good discussion on this post when you posted some noob questions Evil or Very Mad But I am a good enough person to answer your questions although you should have asked elsewhere. Artifacts are supposed to be rare so that's why it is 5 frags. And if you craft uncommon gear yes you will only get one stat. Now please start your own post next time.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Scaren wrote:
When the race changes come in I bet a huge amount of people switch to UD. I know I will. The devs seem to ignore almost everyone in the game about the OPness of UD. And most UD are so sensitive about their race. Yes very much agree that not telling the players is very rude. All well let's hope the devs respond to this post although I have to agree with Fyrr that they probably won't. And yes 9999 I feel your pain. My crafting for gl's have been terrible. Ah pretty much not worth it now. :(ah yes my interest in the game is slowly going away. What with the very long delays and now the new crafting stats No

Edit: Yes I have also noticed that breaking seems to be only one frag. Although I haven't crafted enough gl's to really see if it is always 100% of the time just one frag.
I feel your pain about the interest in the game... The Devs aren't doing themselves any favors with their current strategy; they had a REALLY good thing going, lots of retention of high players, lots of feedback (sure, most of it was "enraged player wanting to know why everyone else is stronger!", but that just means that emotions are raised... if you are ANGRY, it means that something must be right that you're willing to get angry about it when it feels wrong!) AND they're letting it die... I guess too many newbies around feeding them for now. But what about when that dies out?

DEVS! we loved the interaction level, why let it die?

(You also seriously need to get on the ball with releasing the rest of GW2... I know you're losing your player-base over this... and the longer you wait, the more you will lose. Fix any overkill balance issues later, but for now release SOMETHING!)

Also why no mention of new changes? that (as everyone has said already) feels like a giant middle finger up to all of us who've loyally played since months ago.

ANYWAY

GLs are SUPER rare as it is, why nerf NEW GLs? a better answer would make them much, much more common; not common enough to see everyone out there at low levels... but people with 10s of thousands of CPs should have been able to craft at least a few (note- few!) from natural drops/quests (why won't quests give GL items? they should!)

DID you seriously just nerf Epics to the point that I can craft better rares? or did Rares get nerfs too, which we haven't heard about yet... Hmmmm, if GLs and Epics are now nerfed, I guess I no longer have to worry about buying more chests; not worth it.

AND, sorry all you high-level old darkies, I'll never be PVPing you with epics/rares enabled AGAIN, due to my very, very few of each of those... and a general unwillingness to spend money on what amounts to the "old" rares and epics...

IDK about the breaking, I almost always got 1 frag; 2 and I thought I was lucky... were you all seriously often getting 3-4 frags (depending on item) from breaking?

Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Realf Lantow wrote:
I guess too many newbies around feeding them for now. But what about when that dies out?
As we talked about that - a new promotion and new noobs! Over and over...

Realf Lantow wrote:
if GLs and Epics are now nerfed, I guess I no longer have to worry about buying more chests; not worth it.  
noobs will buy them and think that +10 stat on godlike is normal Razz 
It only affects us older players... those who feel cheated now and those who were able to get +30 stats on their items before that.. Why not reduce their values too while you're at it... (yes i have some +30 stats...), that way it would be more EQUAL AT LEAST.

Realf Lantow wrote:

AND, sorry all you high-level old darkies, I'll never be PVPing you with epics/rares enabled AGAIN, due to my very, very few of each of those... and a general unwillingness to spend money on what amounts to the "old" rares and epics...  
i quite liked our uncommons battles Wink  we can continue that. and i personally don't have any perfect rares or epics either, don't worry...
We with some high level lighties quite abandoned godlikes in pvps for now, it feels wrong and demotivating.

Realf Lantow wrote:

IDK about the breaking, I almost always got 1 frag; 2 and I thought I was lucky... were you all seriously often getting 3-4 frags (depending on item) from breaking?
i broke tons of commons and uncommons... and usually get 2-3 frags... Epics+godlikes... Once 2 frags, all others- 1...
Back to top Go down
Nethack

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:06 am

Did anyone get a quest with an epic frag for reward since the nerf ? Havn't seen one of those since, and strangely a number of quests pop up with a rare frag for reward (which was pretty much never the case before).
Back to top Go down

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Nice crafting, with "Master Smithing":

Input:
New GL stats FjUSnvL

Output:
New GL stats BR9W3fr

Shocked 
Laughing 
No
Back to top Go down
Sauron's minion

Sauron's minion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:47 pm

9999 wrote:
Nice crafting, with "Master Smithing":

Input:
New GL stats FjUSnvL

Output:
New GL stats BR9W3fr

Shocked 
Laughing 
No
And I think I badluck when get Banner with +4 streght bonus, when other my banners give me min +6-+7. You are lucky one, dude. New GL stats Eekanig

Still I want know what creators of this "balanced" game can say. New GL stats Angry
Back to top Go down
Sauron's minion

Sauron's minion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 pm

I wondered if the developers could not do that, for example a ring which gives +1 Endurance without any upgrate, already with "Basic smithing" next ring will give a bonus of +2-+3. For them, it's High mathematics?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Sauron's minion wrote:
I wondered if the developers could not do that, for example a ring which gives +1 Endurance without any upgrate, already with "Basic smithing" next ring will give a bonus of +2-+3. For them, it's High mathematics?
I don't think that you know what Basic,Advanced,Master smithing is.
Back to top Go down
Sauron's minion

Sauron's minion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Scaren wrote:
Sauron's minion wrote:
I don't think that you know what Basic,Advanced,Master smithing is.
I learned to read in another 5 years, so I read what that mean. Give you probability to craft more good item. So I write right about this stats.

If this dude already have "Master smithing" + his uncommon rarity higher, so  they must do minimum stat and I think this must be highter then + 1 in maximum smithing upgrate and after then he have chance from 1% to 100% get bigger stat or + 1 stat like stat in Rare items.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Better item... I'll repeat for any noobs that might read this. It doesn't affect the stats. E.g. commons will always have the same chance to be +1...+5 with any smithing. It's valid only when mixing higher rarity frags with lower... Basically just raises the probability to craft more rare item (2 common frags +2 uncommon - raises the probability to craft an uncommon out of this). and devs DON'T WANT TO MAKE STATS LESS RANDOM, isn't it obvious?.
Back to top Go down
Sauron's minion

Sauron's minion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 am

Fyrr wrote:
Better item... I'll repeat for any noobs that might read this. It doesn't affect the stats. E.g. commons will always have the same chance to be +1...+5 with any smithing. It's valid only when mixing higher rarity frags with lower... Basically just raises the probability to craft more rare item (2 common frags +2 uncommon - raises the probability to craft an uncommon out of this). and devs DON'T WANT TO MAKE STATS LESS RANDOM, isn't it obvious?.
So, you want to say they been more streght?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 am

Fyrr wrote:
well I was right that the guy didn't know what the smithing tech was. It is like say you used 1 common frag and 2 common frag without master smithing. Probably around 33% common and 66% uncommon. With Master smithing would be around 30% common and 70% uncommon. It has nothing to do with stats.
Back to top Go down
Arion

Arion

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 am

TLDR

I do really enjoy this game. Not a big fan sadly of the new epic and godlike crafting changes though. I was already annoyed a couple weeks ago. When the level cap on units was raised from 10 to 15. At first I thought it was fantastic. Room to grow its a good thing. Then I noticed the new xp gap. It was gonna cost 20k to 40k more (not sure exactly anymore)  experience per unit to level up than before.I had been trying to level up a majority of my units rather than working on just one or two. That I could of raised to 9's and 10's if I had known. It sucked because I was so close to where my units needed to be and then bam. I worked as hard as other people before me that had made it to 9 and 10. Even harder maybe than some because I was relatively new and wanted to catch up and compete.

I work and have a life as well I have zero complaints really about grinding really leveling up. I'm no stranger to it. Sometimes things need to be added or fixed to achieve game balance to make things better. But its annoying when you realize not only do you need more work to catch up (Thats life) newer players are basically clicking 1 or 2 invisible levels now.

That they will never get credit for or be able to enjoy like some players have before. I took a break for a couple of weeks from BC instead of raising hell and whining on the forums about "Thats not fair" I figured training grounds and temples are coming they will help leveling i'll do other personal stuff while the game is being worked on. Then when the time is right buy gems again for vip and chests. Work smarter not harder. I didn't quit even logged in daily for a few minutes each day started playing actively again about three or four days ago. I want to pvp against top players its difficult enough when you need to buy and/or find fragments worth 20k-60k or 80-208k+ a total of (3-5) for each item. Perhaps it has a wrong stat or ability I don't want that. So time to break it and start over again and again. Until you get something close to what you want.

I made two epics yesterday with 7 fragments. 3 Weapon and 4 banner frags lets say approx between 100000 and 149000 gp

epic banner for Hi
Morale + 9
Durability +5
Strength +8

epic Li sword
strength +10
melee +8

I have many rare items that are as good or better than these so called epic items. The difference is rare fragments that are found or bought in general cost 2k to 7k depending on supply and demand.I'm not asking or saying that we should be able to craft every item with perfect elite stats and abilities I enjoy the variation to some extent when you craft a special piece of equipment. Maybe it was the first or tenth time. Before success.

Maybe in time some of us will realize the new Gl and epic stats as an improvement somehow to the overall gameplay or at least try not to let it hinder us playing a great game. But what reason is there really now for buying chests? I like to help support games or things I like and enjoy of course. I'm not really into throwing money away. We could buy chest after chest craft all number of items. How do we know that any of them will be good or great or compare to what others already have crafted? What are the chances now that someone will be able to craft for example the best item or items in the game or does a player have it already and it can only be copied and duplicated on the twenty millionth attempt.

I would like to know why because I consider these new epic items I crafted garbage to be honest. I can break them for 1 frag maybe more luckily. But I feel dissapointed like when you gather all of the items needed to craft something special or upgrade a item to the next perfect level when you and everyone else will be able to see the epic power emenating from it.But it shatters and breaks instead.So what are the odds exactly? Or how many times would you guess it might take to create an item with 15's or 25's 30's? Will it be 1 in 3, 1 in 5 or 10, 20, 30? How many frags for that special item?

Not mad or angry would just like some insight.
Thank you.
With Respect

Arion Entreri
Back to top Go down
Bobba

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am

Well said Arion... I feel the same way, haven't been crafting since the change was made. I've never had so many GL frags in my storage before now...

Why craft if it's impossible to compete with older player's equipment. I really don't know what devs were thinking here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New GL stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GL stats   New GL stats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New GL stats
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next