Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobba

Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug Empty
PostSubject: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 am

I think today I have discovered what causes this illusive bug...

When you send many units to attack the same enemy, and it begins to flee, I believe that the red arrow (or "fighting") state remains for a moment. But if the enemy unit dies after they begin fleeing but before the state has been updated, the units chasing the enemy will "freeze". Because the enemy was fleeing their "red arrow" state was not revoked, and because the enemy is dead it does not properly cancel their "red arrow" state for a couple seconds.

I also think this could be related to the invisible units glitch (where units remain psuedo-living even though they are nowhere to be seen on the map and are displayed as dead on the UI for that player). My theory for this is that when units are just beginning to flee and they die, if there is no units close enough to them to hit them after they "die" then they continue to flee as ghosts. Otherwise the "red arrow unit freeze" occurs and they kill the ghosts before they leave. I'm not very sure about this second theory but the first seems to happen pretty consistently. at the very least I think these two things should be looked into, they may be related.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 am

We've made a lot of changes with todays update, especially in battle mechanisms, so it may have changed or fixed. After the today's patch we'll check it again.

Thanks for the help Bobba Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 pm

lightshield wrote:
We've made a lot of changes with todays update, especially in battle mechanisms, so it may have changed or fixed. After the today's patch we'll check it again.

So far I haven't had any matches stall at the end because of invisible units, so I think that fix worked out. Smile (edit: nevermind this whole sentence, read Scaren's post below.)

The red arrow problem has not changed at all, it still happens very often, so it may not have been linked with the invisible units after all (but it still has to do with fleeing, I am almost certain). (edit: could still be linked to the invisible units problem)

Last edited by Bobba on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Bobba wrote:
lightshield wrote:

So far I haven't had any matches stall at the end because of invisible units, so I think that fix worked out. Smile

The red arrow problem has not changed at all, it still happens very often, so it may not have been linked with the invisible units after all (but it still has to do with fleeing, I am almost certain).
have to agree with you about red arrows but did have a ghost archer match with Yanvicious or Quadq will have to take a screenshot next time. Bugs and the delay of things are the only things I don't problems with devs about. Although they haven't gotten back to me about the pvp calculation so it seems I was either ignored or they are still searching. Would appreciate some sort of communication though.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 am

Scaren wrote:
Although they haven't gotten back to me about the pvp calculation so it seems I was either ignored or they are still searching.
Why would we ignore any kind of post in this forum, especially when it comes from players who love this game? I sense an overreaction here... Smile We said we are on it...
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Scaren wrote:
Although they haven't gotten back to me about the pvp calculation so it seems I was either ignored or they are still searching.
Why would we ignore any kind of post in this forum, especially when it comes from players who love this game? I sense an overreaction here... Smile We said we are on it...
ah ok you are on it then? I will admit I was tired and very mad and probably shouldn't have been on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:54 am

I have just confirmed that the invisible unit glitch still occurs. Just had to scour the area after a PvP with an invisible unit.

Worth noting that around the area where the invisible unit was a unit had died and fled while his flag was vanishing from dying. I'm still thinking that fleeing has something to do with the problem.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:02 am

Bobba wrote:
I have just confirmed that the invisible unit glitch still occurs. Just had to scour the area after a PvP with an invisible unit.

Worth noting that around the area where the invisible unit was a unit had died and fled while his flag was vanishing from dying. I'm still thinking that fleeing has something to do with the problem.
Me and Deadnot had a return of the ghost archers also. It was a dwarf archer and when my cav got to it I could see their impact damage happen.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 am

We added more logs to help trace the problem. Thank you for your reports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug   Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding the root of "red arrow" unit freezing bug
Page 1 of 1