Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Auction House search options

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwar

More Auction House search options Empty
PostSubject: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 pm

I think the auction house is still lacking a lot of functionality. What I was thinking off:

• option to seach for items/fragments of specific rarity
  • option to search for gear for specific units
  • Maybe replace the dropdown lists for subcategories with check boxes (so you can check multiple items)
  • remember the selection you last made
  • A button to go to the last page of auction listings (or to the 24h threshold)

If we can make search a bit more functional, I wouldn't have to click back and forth items as much, wait for the item info to pop-up (which is a pain with lag). Would make me a happier shopper Smile
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm

And of course a 5 minutes timer reset if someone makes a bid with less than 5 minutes remaining just to give everyone enough time to place a bid
Back to top Go down
Urfang

Urfang

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Very good ideas, not just useful for marketing but save a lot unnecessary clicks, optimize the data traffic, and reduce the market lag.
Back to top Go down
Gwar

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Souless wrote:
And of course a 5 minutes timer reset if someone makes a bid with less than 5 minutes remaining just to give everyone enough time to place a bid

Hmm have to say i've been sniping myself... but indeed it does make for a bad auction system

But 5 minutes sounds really slow to me (in terms of in-game time, 5 minutes can get light damage healed up).. think 5 min reset can also drag on your auction for ages.

What about a +5 minute timer reset if a bid was placed in the last 5 minutes first time around, then a 1 minute reset every following last-moment bid?
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 am

Devs have said they want to improve AH usability. Havent heard about any timelines for it though. I think they want to get the first implementation of GW out first.

About sniping --
The way to fix this is to have a rather short increase in time (~30-40sec), but let the time scale up indefinitely. That is enough time to stop snipers from winning and allows for allow for bidding wars to push an item closer to its equilibrium price.

Sellers dont really mind the extra few minutes of bidding since they earn more money for the sale.
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 am

Yes 30sec to 1 min should be more then enough if people are really bidding.

Or we could implement the option of a "max bid" that you can enter (and pay up front like a normal bid).
Up to that bid you would automatically overbid any other bid by 10 gold.
After you won/ got overbid you either get  the resources and the "not used part of the bid" or your full bid back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Auction House search options   More Auction House search options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Auction House search options
Page 1 of 1