Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. Empty
PostSubject: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 pm

I doubt this will be very useful for everyone, but I suspect it will be a highly welcome feature for anyone doing guild management.

It is an important part of running a guild, yet it is generally a thankless job and very tedious. Better people than I do this in our guild. Those who do step up to do this work are worth their weight in gold. The last login date was a huge help, but tracking growth and activity over time is important too.

To that end, it would be hugely helpful if there was a way to copy any tabular data from the game to the clipboard in tab delimited format. Tab delimited format allows players to paste the data directly into a spreadsheet to work with it.

It could be a UI button, or perhaps Ctrl+C would work on the topmost UI element, or an option in the right click menu - anything to give easier access to the data.
  • Leaderboards
  • Guild Rosters
  • Vault Logs to track donations (I'm not familiar with the vault log. I assume its tabular?)
  • End of Battle Scoreboards
  • I'm sure there will be others.

I've been in their shoes before, so I know this would be a huge help to them. That said, I'll let them speak up if they want to push this feature though. I know there are a lot of features to work on, so let the devs know if this would be useful to you. Hopefully it is easy to implement.

Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm

This perhaps could make my Fame Growth App works smoother... even then, I don't see it like a feature I want to see. Makes no sense at all, the games that allow such a "feature" is just because are coded in webpages (PHP/ASP like Travian).
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Fame growth app?

Are you saying you would prefer a different method of getting player data? Or that you dont care to get the data at all?
Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Hegorn wrote:
Fame growth app?

Are you saying you would prefer a different method of getting player data? Or that you dont care to get the data at all?
I already made an app, but the input in manual lol. This would make the input much more easier. Even then, don't see any reason for this to be implemented.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Mephy wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
Fame growth app?

I already made an app, but the input in manual lol. This would make the input much more easier. Even then, don't see any reason for this to be implemented.
Ah. Really? You made an app that relies on manual input of data?

Useful guild metrics:
- Tracking donations to the guild vault.
- Tracking growth of players to see who might need help or who is an active fighter vs active in other ways.
- Tracking CP activity.

I imagine when guild warfare comes out, there will be more metrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.   Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Copyable Leaderboards / Tables / Scoreboards.
Page 1 of 1