Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More meaningful techs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mephy

More meaningful techs Empty
PostSubject: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Right now, we have 6 military techs and 9 commercial techs only. All the others are improvements to the priors, and adds really nothing to the game. While the current researches are a good boost to your city through numbers, they don't add anything to your gameplay, just makes you stronger. No strategy imbued, nothing. Upgrading buildings feels the same, but at least they're more meaningful, giving more units/AP on field, more heroes, warehouse capacity... these are changes you can really feel, while 5% construction time or +3 melee doesn't.

My suggestion: new techs that provides something to the gameplay. Not something absurd, but just that adds something other than numbers. Some of them could be:

• Faster Reload: -1 reaction to your archers
  • Improved Aim: decreases rate of friendly fire
  • Marching Drums: increases movement speed of your troops
  • Warhorses: +1 hp to cavalry
  • Superior Suppliers: -5% building costs
  • Master Builder: unlock another slot in building queue
  • Tax Enforcers: "auto-collect" once each 24 hours

The list could be bigger, there's a lot of things that would be nice to have on techs without messing with the game, and make the techs have a more reward feeling Wink
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 am

I would love to see more research possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:52 am

Got a few more for ya. Thinking along the lines of tiers.

*Metallurgy - Reduces repair costs by 5/10/15/20/25%
*Master Blacksmith - Reduce repair time by 5/10/15/20/25%
*Battlefield Tactics - Reduces AP cost of units by 2/3/5%
*Beer-O-Clock - Increases morale of all units by 5/10/15%
*Hardened edge - Equipment and weapons gain an additional 3/5/8/10 durability.
*Forge this! - Player may choose 1 stat to be incorporated when crafting Equipment/Weapons.
*Nike Express - Increases movement of dismounted units by 1/2/3.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 am

Rokun wrote:

Doesn't the "reduce crafting time" techs already reduce repair for those item as well?

Rokun wrote:

Definitly against any AP variation tech. Even if devs totally screw AP balance right now, it should be the only fair thing that let us know the strenght of an army. A tech which reduce it would totally annihilate this purpose, therefor destroying game balance...
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 am

Ya good point, didn't think of the PVP aspect in their. That could really off balance game play.

But as of yet theirs nothing research or upgrade wise that I know of that speeds up repairs. The buildings and research only speed up crafting times for gear.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 am

I know the topic display only "crafting time", but I was hoping repairs to be affected as well... Pff, some things really doesn't make sense...
Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 am

Rokun wrote:
*Metallurgy - Reduces repair costs by 5/10/15/20/25%
*Beer-O-Clock - Increases morale of all units by 5/10/15%
*Hardened edge - Equipment and weapons gain an additional 3/5/8/10 durability.
*Forge this! - Player may choose 1 stat to be incorporated when crafting Equipment/Weapons.
*Nike Express - Increases movement of dismounted units by 1/2/3.

*Lowering down the numbers and deal
*Same as above
*Unbalanced for PVP
*This one is nice, but strange to see an undead suggesting it
*And now we have one more reason to remove the +durability stat on craft.
*I can see people making full drop rate gear... don't think it will break the game, nice idea
*Something like I suggested

I don't think "tiers" is the way to go, the tech trees would become overpopulated, while my main idea of upgrading in the tier will not be noticeable. Let's say we have only one tech that gives -15% repair costs, you can really feel it, but paying an abusive price to get 5% reduction (20->25%) doesn't feel rewarding (even if its extremely worth)
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 am

I would love to see a mutually exclusive tech tree - i.e. Players cannot get everything in the tree. They have to make either/or choices.

In any mutually exclusive choice, the options should be somewhat incomparable to the others so that there is no clear better option for every situation.
    e.g. +AttackDamage vs +HitChance
    Both potentially increase damage done, but in different situations.
This increases how unique every player's army is compared to anyone elses. It also increases the choice/control players have over their vertical development. Both are good things.

Allow resets of these tech trees that are relatively costly/grindy with ingame currency and relatively cheap with Gems.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More meaningful techs   More meaningful techs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More meaningful techs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: