Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Third faction. Ideals, shoot away

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfshield

Third faction. Ideals, shoot away Empty
PostSubject: Third faction. Ideals, shoot away   Third faction. Ideals, shoot away I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:01 am

The name says it all, lets give the devs some ideal how we like this new group to be.

here one ideal

one of the race can be beastings/ beastman/ half breeds.

Minotaurs and centaurs can be, respectively, the heavy infantry and cavalry.

and yes I know this is a long way off, but never too early to put some Ideals down.
Back to top Go down
pug

PostSubject: Re: Third faction. Ideals, shoot away   Third faction. Ideals, shoot away I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:24 pm

personally i think a third faction would destroy this game unless it was pure AI. 1 that both faction's have to fight and doesn't cause problem's with player number's.
the problem i see with this game is the fact you have an option of dark and light.
how do i suggest this could be resolved ?
in other games like this that i have played you don't get an option of dark or light you get the option to choose between 2 different fictitious faction leaders. most people will chose light over dark, but with the leader option people will choose the leader they like the look of best.
this would take away the bonus option which over time could get very out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: Third faction. Ideals, shoot away   Third faction. Ideals, shoot away I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm

pug wrote:
personally i think a third faction would destroy this game unless it was pure AI. 1 that both faction's have to fight and doesn't cause problem's with player number's.

I admit if they just tossed in a third faction it would be kinda off putting, but this a game with an end and I think the devs would wait until the current fight is over before introducing the third faction.

several people said they want it to be AI controlled, but I see two problem with this. I deal with each one in turn.
1) how is it to conquer regions, either A) it would need to send large amount of armies or B) it would need just a random time take a region.
2) No insult imply, but as long as your smart in battles, it is real easy to defeat the AI, at least on everything but Nightmare which I have yet to try, so I can't imagine entire faction controlled by the AI.
So pretty much if it is AI it would either be to easily defeated to really matter or have a lot that things would just make it annoying.

Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: Third faction. Ideals, shoot away   Third faction. Ideals, shoot away I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:29 am

With light and dark as the first factions, the third one should be neutral or balance.

It could be all the "Nature" related races.

Some ideas borrowed from other games : beastmen (based on wolf or lizard, aka dragonkind), sylvian elves, faeries, elementals... Even orcs, goblins or humans can be neutral with the appropriate lore, they can be great mercenaries, only fighting for gold or fame.

My 2 gold pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third faction. Ideals, shoot away   Third faction. Ideals, shoot away I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third faction. Ideals, shoot away
Page 1 of 1