Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

more units types required.

Go down 
+2
AgentAAA
Wolfshield
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfshield

more units types required. Empty
PostSubject: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Hello everyone, this topic is for something near and dear to our hearts, and that is more units types for more tactics. so here a few general units types I think should be added to the game. I just be brainstorming there so don't expect too much.

Light cavalry- this units should be unlock sooner then current cavalry units we have, and should follow the light infantry example when dealing with their more powerful, but slower, heavy cavalry cousins. Should also suffer badly in a stand fight. good ideal to really cumber retreating units or make archers (possibly casters one day too) be extra careful. some names you might use for the races are: raiders, scouts, and lancers.

Morale boosters- these guys will have abilities to improve the morale of the soldiers around them, but will suffer in combat. should be faster then heavies, but slower then lights. some possible names:chanters, drums boys, trumpet men, priests, and shamans.

casters- shorter range then archers, and slower fire rate, but do excellent damage. should be one of the slowest unit in game and have the worse close quarters capabilities. possible names= magi, mages, sages, druids, and wizards.

anti-cavalry unit- some kind unit design for the purpose of utterly destroying cavalry units, maybe with passive abilities that will do serious to cavalry unit will in the first round of combat and that negates a cavalry passive. medium speed and don't have the abilities to go head to head against most other units. possible names: spearmen, pike men, and palace guards.

Morale damagers- opposite of morale boosters, these units would be use in place of them for forces that don't really worry about their forces running.

if you any more ideals please suggest them, or ways I can balance these units out or make so their roles can be a bit more specialize then please post it.
edit 1
added morale damagers

Last edited by Wolfshield on Sun May 26, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Wolfshield wrote:
Hello everyone, this topic is for something near and dear to our hearts, and that is more units types for more tactics. so here a few general units types I think should be added to the game. I just be brainstorming there so don't expect too much.

Light cavalry- this units should be unlock sooner then current cavalry units we have, and should follow the light infantry example when dealing with their more powerful, but slower, heavy cavalry cousins. Should also suffer badly in a stand fight. good ideal to really cumber retreating units or make archers (possibly casters one day too) be extra careful. some names you might use for the races are: raiders, scouts, and lancers.

Morale boosters- these guys will have abilities to improve the morale of the soldiers around them, but will suffer in combat. should be faster then heavies, but slower then lights. some possible names:chanters, drums boys, trumpet men, priests, and shamans.

casters- shorter range then archers, and slower fire rate, but do excellent damage. should be one of the slowest unit in game and have the worse close quarters capabilities. possible names= magi, mages, sages, druids, and wizards.

anti-cavalry unit- some kind unit design for the purpose of utterly destroying cavalry units, maybe with passive abilities that will do serious to cavalry unit will in the first round of combat and that negates a cavalry passive. medium speed and don't have the abilities to go head to head against most other units. possible names: spearmen, pike men, and palace guards.

if you any more ideals please suggest them, or ways I can balance these units out or make so their roles can be a bit more specialize then please post it.

Casters, if I remember correctly, have been more or less confirmed as an eventual unit type, so good news for you there.

As far as morale boosters, I think it's a good idea to have a unit that boosts morale as a special, but I'd rather not field something with morale as it's only function instead of using my AP on something else, personally. It might be neater as an attachment to a unit, but either way it should be low cost

As far as light cavalry units and anti-cavalry units go - I figured it was implied that we were using light cavalry. most units except archers are already decent counters for cavalry, so a unit specifically designed for destroying them is fulfilling a role that doesn't really need to be filled for now. the only thing we'd need is something that approaches their mobility and the new infantry has extra mobility itself.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Okay let me deal with each of things in turns.

AgentAAA wrote:
Casters, if I remember correctly, have been more or less confirmed as an eventual unit type, so good news for you there.

I hasn't seen them been confirmed yet, so I put ideal here. really I rather not see casters, but a lot players want so I put them here.

AgentAAA wrote:
As far as morale boosters, I think it's a good idea to have a unit that boosts morale as a special, but I'd rather not field something with morale as it's only function instead of using my AP on something else, personally. It might be neater as an attachment to a unit, but either way it should be low cost.
In my experience in pvp, I think this unit type would be indispensable for humans player, at least early on. I seen to lose almost all my fights because my men run, even when their doing quite well.

AgentAAA wrote:
As far as light cavalry units - I figured it was implied that we were using light cavalry.
sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but if Knights, chariots, and a tank are the "light" cavalry, then what the heck is the heavy suppose to be.

AgentAAA wrote:
most units except archers are already decent counters for cavalry, so a unit specifically designed for destroying them is fulfilling a role that doesn't really need to be filled for now. the only thing we'd need is something that approaches their mobility and the new infantry has extra mobility itself.
really this was mainly filler really, but runeslayer himself said that the cavalry if use right can defeat heavy infantry, just like if the cavalry is corner or force to fight long draw out engagement with heavy infantry then the cavalry will lose. but what I propose was a unit that would be able to counter cavalry charges.
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Wolfshield wrote:
Okay let me deal with each of things in turns.

AgentAAA wrote:

I hasn't seen them been confirmed yet, so I put ideal here. really I rather not see casters, but a lot players want so I put them here.

AgentAAA wrote:
As far as morale boosters, I think it's a good idea to have a unit that boosts morale as a special, but I'd rather not field something with morale as it's only function instead of using my AP on something else, personally. It might be neater as an attachment to a unit, but either way it should be low cost.
In my experience in pvp, I think this unit type would be indispensable for humans player, at least early on. I seen to lose almost all my fights because my men run, even when their doing quite well.

AgentAAA wrote:
As far as light cavalry units - I figured it was implied that we were using light cavalry.
sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but if Knights, chariots, and a tank are the "light" cavalry, then what the heck is the heavy suppose to be.

AgentAAA wrote:
most units except archers are already decent counters for cavalry, so a unit specifically designed for destroying them is fulfilling a role that doesn't really need to be filled for now. the only thing we'd need is something that approaches their mobility and the new infantry has extra mobility itself.
really this was mainly filler really, but runeslayer himself said that the cavalry if use right can defeat heavy infantry, just like if the cavalry is corner or force to fight long draw out engagement with heavy infantry then the cavalry will lose. but what I propose was a unit that would be able to counter cavalry charges.

Funnily enough, I was actually the one to ask concerning casters, though I'd be more interested in specific spells, rather than just heavier ranged. Runeslayer has said that casters will eventually appear - makes sense, given a high mage position is something explicitly stated to exist in story quests.

Regarding the Morale booster, I play undead, so right now it doesn't matter to me either way, but before that, I've yet to have lost an engagement due to morale only. most of the time if I'm doing quite well my forces didn't break. there is a chance element, granted, so I do understand your point. it still feels like something that should have low AP though.

Regarding your third response, thematically our cavalry appear pretty heavy - however, in practice, again, you're not going to see much standing-and-fighting. I'm willing to cede that point though in that once they're given good gear they can basically act as heavy cavalry.

and as for your last point, I'll agree it might be useful, but I'm not sure if cavalry are strong enough to merit such units, and I feel like a counter of that sort might actually break some of the viability of cavalry in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:16 am

Nice thread.

About all these units - I would like to see some of them be a choice that players have to make.
Level 1 - Unlock 1st Light armor unit
Level 2 - Unlock 1st Medium armor unit
Level 3 - Unlock 2nd Light armor unit.
Level 4 - Unlock 1st Heavy armor unit.

Perhaps different races unlock different units in a different order. Dwarves might unlock more heavy units earlier than Elves would.

---
Buffing/Debuffing units.
  • I would combine your morale booster/damagers and add a few more buffs - I'm thinking along the lines of +melee skills, +reaction speed, +movement. Perhaps that 2ndary buff would be race based.
  • I also wouldnt just go with an aura effect. Maybe they should buff directionally or only buff units fighting the same target as they are - some kind of mechanic that makes them more effective when micro'd so that they dont just tag along for the ride.
  • I'm also thinking their attacks would cause more morale damage than actual damage.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:19 am

Yay! More work for us! ........."deeply sighs and walks away with his head down..." lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Hegorn wrote:
Nice thread.

About all these units - I would like to see some of them be a choice that players have to make.
Level 1 - Unlock 1st Light armor unit
Level 2 - Unlock 1st Medium armor unit
Level 3 - Unlock 2nd Light armor unit.
Level 4 - Unlock 1st Heavy armor unit.

Perhaps different races unlock different units in a different order. Dwarves might unlock more heavy units earlier than Elves would.

---
Buffing/Debuffing units.
  • I would combine your morale booster/damagers and add a few more buffs - I'm thinking along the lines of +melee skills, +reaction speed, +movement. Perhaps that 2ndary buff would be race based.
  • I also wouldnt just go with an aura effect. Maybe they should buff directionally or only buff units fighting the same target as they are - some kind of mechanic that makes them more effective when micro'd so that they dont just tag along for the ride.
  • I'm also thinking their attacks would cause more morale damage than actual damage.

like what your saying, and the buffing/debuffing units you want sound like command units if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

I been thinking about the casters units, and I think are can be two roles for them. The devs can decide what role they can fulfill or maybe use both of them in either two different types of units, or each only one type of caster so each race gets their own uses for them.

Type A= The casters can a kind sniper, taking out enemy units with limited chance for friendly fire, but take a long time to "reload" and acquire a new target will take a much longer time then our current range units to use their attacks.

Type B= Area damage dealer that cast their spells right into the enemy formation and have chance to take out multiple enemy soldiers in one hit, with a recast time between the "sniper" version and the archers we have now. But of a must greater chance of friendly fire then the archers.]

side note on dwarfs casters= since dwarfs in most games and stories are never fairly magically inclined, and the dwarfs in this game seem to be about more tech then anything else they can either have a "rifleman unit" for the sniper version or a "grenadier unit" for the area effect unit.
Back to top Go down
Zee94

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

A new unit type which I think should be is a flying unit, it can go over terran but it can't hide behind it either (Unless it isn't moving possibly). Possible unit types for each race as follow

Dwarves: Well if you play this game you know I want a Gyrocopter and have mentioned it many many many times before Smile

Elves: War Eagle,

Humans: A Zeppelin? Not sure what would be fitting for humans tbh. Dragon? Dragon.

Undead: Spectral ship, not exactly a flyer but it can go through terran due to being.. well spectral or a skeletal bird of sorts.

Dark Legion: Banshees, same deal with ship, ghost-like unit, maybe a "evil" dragon. Maybe even Harpies.

Orcs: Wyvern, Roc something along those lines.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 am

Zee94 wrote:
A new unit type which I think should be is a flying unit, it can go over terran but it can't hide behind it either (Unless it isn't moving possibly). Possible unit types for each race as follow

Dwarves: Well if you play this game you know I want a Gyrocopter and have mentioned it many many many times before Smile

Elves: War Eagle,

Humans: A Zeppelin? Not sure what would be fitting for humans tbh. Dragon? Dragon.

Undead: Spectral ship, not exactly a flyer but it can go through terran due to being.. well spectral or a skeletal bird of sorts.

Dark Legion: Banshees, same deal with ship, ghost-like unit, maybe a "evil" dragon. Maybe even Harpies.

Orcs: Wyvern, Roc something along those lines.

Thoughts?

Gyrocopter, a pretty butterfly is enough, a Phoenix (its their symbol), just a riding spectre, dragons, wyvern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more units types required.   more units types required. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

more units types required.
Page 1 of 1