Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
athose

Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature Empty
PostSubject: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:46 am

I haven't seen a list of any hopeful inclusions in the guild-warfare patch that's coming up. So, I figured why not start something where players can ask/mention things they want/think should be contained with in this new content.

1)Guild Trading. Have already seen devs mention this to be a likely(definite?) addition. Let us trade/give directly between guild members!

2)Guild bank, again, allowing people to place items (fragments) in the bank for others to withdraw. Preferably include some kind of guild rank system, or a limited number of withdraws per day, or be active with the guild for a week or more or SOMETHING to prevent people from joining, robbing everything out of the guild bank, and then immediately leaving.

3)Guild region occupation: Devs have mentioned/alluded to this already, I'm not sure what benefits/responsibilites there should be for holding claim to regions. Perhaps those guild members generate more CP there than other zones? Perhaps make guild-coop matches be required to be started in those zones? As far as rewards... give guilds resources/fragments for every cycle they maintain their region (with higher benefits for zones closer to the enemy capital)

4)Guild COOP: Obviously something to include, but I'd love a way to allow us to use other players' troops for the 35% light/archer requirement. This'll allow for more strategy between races. (I'll bring the lights, and you bring the archers, he brings the heavies and the cavalry) And it will allow for more cohesion between older/younger players. Sure, that newbie can only bring 4 lights, but that lets me bring my 2 heavies to compensate. (Instead of 1 light and 1 heavy) It'll help stop the "light infantry spam" that happens all the time in coop. It'll also be easier to manage on the guild level rather than doing something like that for random PUG coops.

5)Guild Ranks--I don't mean just officer positions, I mean 3-4 lower ranks, so as to easily label the more active/helpful/experienced players from those that are less so. It can also be used to allow access to SLIGHTLY more restricted guild utilities (like the bank I mentioned before)

Everyone else toss in your wants/ideas/desires for what You'd like to see added!

Remember to keep the requests realistic (both in balance -AND- in coding difficulty!)
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:09 am

Nice ideas. There is another thread that Rune started, maybe he'll merge them. Its from some days ago.

athose wrote:
4)Guild COOP: Obviously something to include, but I'd love a way to allow us to use other players' troops for the 35% light/archer requirement. This'll allow for more strategy between races. (I'll bring the lights, and you bring the archers, he brings the heavies and the cavalry) And it will allow for more cohesion between older/younger players. Sure, that newbie can only bring 4 lights, but that lets me bring my 2 heavies to compensate. (Instead of 1 light and 1 heavy) It'll help stop the "light infantry spam" that happens all the time in coop. It'll also be easier to manage on the guild level rather than doing something like that for random PUG coops.
I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand, I like the idea of coordinated teamwork - on the other, I dont like losing the layer of skill required by players to manage multiple troops types.

I think it is way too easy to only manage 1 troop type en-masse and gives a bit too much advantage to queueing up as a premade. A large part of the skill in combat is being able to juggle 2-5 different troops types that are perhaps in different areas of the map.

A compromise might be to allow ~10% contribution from others and the remaining ~25% has to be fielded by your own army. That does make things more complicated during setup though.

More discussion on this topic would be interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:12 am

Just thought of another downside...

It would relegate every race to only bring what they are best at. There would be little reason to develop your other troops.

Take the light side for example. A guild group that wanted to build the best army might use only Dwarven Heavies, only Elven archers, and only Human LINFs.

Thats not a good thing...
Back to top Go down
Messor

Messor

PostSubject: Re: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:17 am

maybe we will stick to normal co-op ruleas as they are now, but give us ability to play co-op's with guild members easylier (maybe in-guild lobby for co-op's), not forcing us to wait till faction co-op counter will show 0 and then trying our luck to be matched together
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:21 am

Ok, I agree allowing for complete exchange of troops for the 35% requirement would end up with people bringing only 1 type of thing. But I still think it makes sense to allow for some benefit in this manner for guild members. In warfare you DO bring your best, and allow an ally's strength to support your weakness.

So I think you actually had a great idea of the 10% from others allowance, it allows coordination/teamwork, but doesn't remove the need for other units in individual armies.

As far as setting it up, make it part of the lobby joining. I will attempt to explain.

Have 2 or 3 guildmembers agree to coop BEFORE they submit their troops. This will send them into a group army page. There will be 2 info windows shown;
1) which stands as normal, with the personal contribution of each player's units in AP and % of army. This will flag red if the player doesn't have the proper 25/75% ratio, since that is mandatory for every individual.
2)A total submitted weight value, which looks at the overall unit strength of all players involved. This total would flag red if imbalanced from the 35/65% ratio. It would also allow the team to discuss rebalancing units. "Hey, we barely have any artillery, can someone toss in one of those?.... what about a few more archers since we're infantry heavy" Granted, in order for this to work there would obviously have to be some form of chat available. (I suspect an extension of the coding from the actual field combat into this room would be easy enough to code. You've already got those players separated into their own chat area, just make them enter it once they join the coop coordination room)

I don't want to move the requirement for lights/archers. If that happens I'd REALLY feel like i wasted all that time leveling them. I just want to be able to exercise my ability to, and thereby feel a benefit from, my researched higher-tier units. That doesn't happen if I need 9 lights/archers to have a 1 heavy, 1 cav, and 1 arty on the field.
Right now my army consists of 2 heavies, 2 lights, 2 archers. The heavies have poor gear/unequipped heroes, and one of my lights has a hero costing 65 AP (solely so high so as to allow the proper AP balance)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature   Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Abilities:requests for the new feature
Page 1 of 1