Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Units positioning in the barrack

Go down 
+4
Boboknack
Rexxxar
Vmomo
Ulfriden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

Units positioning in the barrack Empty
PostSubject: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:27 pm

A minor change suggestion.

I ask if the Heavy Infantries could be positioned before LI in the barrack, so they could be picked first in a army quick pick. Idea When u fight lots of battles, the easier and quicker way to select units is the most used, and deploying HI ahead is the best in a full melee army (and not only it).
I would really appreciate this small and easy fix  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:18 am

You already can save an army, and many players prefer select LIs first...
Back to top Go down
Rexxxar

Rexxxar

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 am

Yes.

You can select your army in the specific positions(HI 1st, LI 2nd and so forth) and then you can save that specific formation. Why put HI 1st in the Barracks/Army selection if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:24 am

Sure u can ask.
it is simple: for in a melee army u shoud keep HI ahead and LI or ranged behind.
if u are doing very fast battles, even choosing hi first and then scroll back to li is wasting time Very Happy
I mean VERY FAST battles...
Just when u need to put 1600k cp in 20 minutes... Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 am

Ulfriden wrote:
Sure u can ask.
it is simple: for in a melee army u shoud keep HI ahead and LI or ranged behind.
if u are doing very fast battles, even choosing hi first and then scroll back to li is wasting time Very Happy
I mean VERY FAST battles...
Just when u need to put 1600k cp in 20 minutes... Basketball 

I totally agree with you Ulfriden and this issue sometimes make me pick the wrong unit/units - if I'm in a hurry(Has happened! xD)  Very Happy

(How can I save a formation, haven't fooled around with that before?) scratch 
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 am

That's literally exactly what saving an army formation does. Taking maybe 20 seconds once to set up a formation and save it does not hurt your CP generation.

Units positioning in the barrack Screen10
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 am

Metalsiagon wrote:
That's literally exactly what saving an army formation does. Taking maybe 20 seconds once to set up a formation and save it does not hurt your CP generation.

Units positioning in the barrack Screen10

Thx just figured it out myself(Success!), but still - if a certain unit is wounded, thus not being able to fight in that formation - I would prefer to have the HI units shown first in barracks(Not a big deal, but it has annoyed me before - also at the time when I had ranged/archers the barracks unit selection bugged me slightly!)
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Totally weird timing to bring up this after formations are introduced.. noobish. What if I want cannons first? Since they're the slowest units etc. Totally important issue dammit!!!

Why not let players sort their army how they see fit btw - that suggestion would make more sense.

Make 2-3 armies with no overlapping units so you don't have to think about injured part of formation?  scratch
Back to top Go down
Rexxxar

Rexxxar

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Or maybe allow multiple formations like with the 5 Gear Sets......Then you can save 2 or 3 formations for quick chain fights.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Fyrr wrote:
Why not let players sort their army how they see fit btw - that suggestion would make more sense.

Nice thought, Fyrr ! But how would you imagine that would work ?

Last edited by Johntheright on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:57 am

Johntheright wrote:
Fyrr wrote:

Nice thought, Fyrr ! But how would you imagine that would work ?
Join this thought! Btw it could be like switching two nearby units with its positions, so u make 1 by 1 switching exact armies position u want. Also i guess it shouldn't be too difficult to make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Units positioning in the barrack   Units positioning in the barrack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Units positioning in the barrack
Page 1 of 1