Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

40% infantry/archer requirement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
athose

40% infantry/archer requirement Empty
PostSubject: 40% infantry/archer requirement   40% infantry/archer requirement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:34 am

I recently got Heavy infantry, the pride and joy of the dwarven race. However, My hopes and dreams of fielding 3 of these titanic bulwarks on the field were crushed the first battle I tried to start when I was informed I must have 40% of the AP value of my army consisting of light infantry and archers.

I understand why you wouldn't want an entire army full of cavalry, that'd just be a crazed flank-fest. I'm... not exactly sure what would happen being artillery heavy, that might just be interesting to watch. But Heavy infantry is just an upped version of light anyway. And as a dwarf, I very much prefer my heavies to my lights, and I still am not impressed with my archers (that armour ignore seems to happen so rarely) that I only want 1 of those to shoot down things out of reach. So, as a dwarf, it seems like we're being forced to use our 2 least desirable units en masse to accompany our heavies.

This will be even more restrictive if you increase the AP of heavies by 50% like you said you were going to do in yesterday's patch that didn't happen. I'll need 3 or 4 'other' units just so i can bring 1 'good' heavy infantry along

So, after all this crying and whining, I'm really just asking you to reevaluate the mandatory 40% LI/archer requirement, and determine if it favors certain races. (like ones that have really good lights or archers)
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: 40% infantry/archer requirement   40% infantry/archer requirement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:41 am

Right now if you heavily equip a light infantry, you can use one of them with 1 naked heavy pretty easily. I'm also not a fan of the mandatory thing either Sad Once heavies cost 2.8x the ap of a light, it'll be difficult to field more than one high rank and geared heavy. I dont think it hits dwarves the hardest though, i actually like my Lights since more units means more flanking chances, i dont really bring archers anymore so theirs nothing to 'defend' for me.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: 40% infantry/archer requirement   40% infantry/archer requirement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:05 am

This will be reduced to 35%, after today's patch. We have also increased the APs which can be used to form an army from Barracks lvl 10 and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: 40% infantry/archer requirement   40% infantry/archer requirement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

There will be more units introduced that satisfy the 40% 35% requirement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40% infantry/archer requirement   40% infantry/archer requirement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40% infantry/archer requirement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: