Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap Empty
PostSubject: Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap   Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I was seeing some things that looked  important for me in the forum for example low level units beating high levels and units overcaping a lot their stats and wasting ap, making pvps harder for players with high level units when it should be easier.

What about increasing caps (melee, strengh, endurance, morale?) to units who are levels 11+ and for every level up caps can be increased to  make levels important in any serius battle for example.

lvl11= all mentioned stats or some of they increase their cap in 1
at lvl12 a further +2
lvl13 +3 etc...

With that there will be a 6 of every mentioned stat difference between a capped  unit at level 10 and a capped unit at level 13, 24 stats of difference in total that can turn a battle for unit of higther level and with this all those looooooooooooooong level ups will be finally good and useful when a unit is level 11+ and overcaping will be reduced.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap   Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 pm

There's the problem of huge difference of power when comparing some unit with less than 10 pts from caps and 20 pts from caps, so it'd really imbalance things even further. Otherwise a good idea.

I'd prefer to see some of the following:

-ability beyond those which are maxed at lvl 9

-getting 3 stat points per level like now, but having a possibility to assign them (1 pt, 2 or all 3) to any stat instead of it being fully random

-option to disable a stat from getting +3s (for example if you have high melee, you could order the level ups go anywhere but into melee)

Basically it's too random now and indeed high levels are worse in many cases...
Or ability to share exp with other units and reducing the levels, so permanently having the 'good' levels.. heh.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap   Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Ulises21 wrote:
I was seeing some things that looked  important for me in the forum for example low level units beating high levels and units overcaping a lot their stats and wasting ap, making pvps harder for players with high level units when it should be easier.

What about increasing caps (melee, strengh, endurance, morale?) to units who are levels 11+ and for every level up caps can be increased to  make levels important in any serius battle for example.

lvl11= all mentioned stats or some of they increase their cap in 1
at lvl12 a further +2
lvl13 +3 etc...

With that there will be a 6 of every mentioned stat difference between a capped  unit at level 10 and a capped unit at level 13, 24 stats of difference in total that can turn a battle for unit of higther level and with this all those looooooooooooooong level ups will be finally good and useful when a unit is level 11+ and overcaping will be reduced.

Yep, unfortunately it would just make things worse as Fyrr mentioned. There's already some serious gear balance as it is, but at least it ends at level 12 or so. With the changes you mention the disbalance would continue proportionally all the way to level 20 units (which would now be stupid powerful).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap   Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overcapped units at high level and wasted ap
Page 1 of 1