Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cp bonus and why?

Go down 
+2
Tibr
Boboknack
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

Cp bonus and why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and why?   Cp bonus and why? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:32 am

LSLarry wrote:
I actually want it gone.  It genuinely makes no sense to me.  I have been on both sides of it (from both sides, lol) playing on Olympus, Hades and Erevos and I have hated it the whole time.  

As much as it is valid that players get frustrated and quit because they get steamrolled (your Olympus point) players also get frustrated and quit due to stalemates.

Stalemates are bad.  This system promotes stalemates.  

My solution; let the game end more often.  6+ months is ridiculous.  Let players know that they may lose (or win), but that they will also get another chance and suffer minimal penalties.  <-No details, I know... lol...

I would agree that +6 months is extremely long especially for a flash game on sites where you generally play games that don't last for more than a few hours. I think 1-2 months at most really so maybe decrease size of the map in some way. Or take out the CP bonus.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

Cp bonus and why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cp bonus and why?   Cp bonus and why? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:51 am

LSLarry wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
CP control doesn't trigger if the population is balanced and it will definitely not trigger for the Faction which has the most active players if for a particular period they haven't generated enough CP as the other Faction with less population.

RuneSlayer wrote:
There is a reason why in the algorithm active players, CP generation and population ratio are all variables

Dug these outta that thread (it's your fault now Tibr! ;P) to point out that Devs have access to numbers on active population and already consider it.  

Note; according to these two quotes we must infer that our population of actives is actually balanced, or close enough that the game activates its CP balancing.  If our active population is in fact balanced, why do we need the CP bonus at all?  Now it seems even more like a handicap to those who try harder and a boon to a bunch of lazy players.....

I had gotten some stuff outside of HC to reply to Tibr, regarding the CP bonus and how it is more complicated than the 60/40 split...but the quote you got from Rune is good. Smile

The mechanisms (both CP and Recruitment, but I'm just going to speak on recruitment in the rest of this post) seem to calculate daily. That is a problem when over the course of a week one side has less active players, but never so few as to get the bonus...whereas the other side does. In the extreme, I put an example below.

Monday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Tuesday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Wednesday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Thursday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Friday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Saturday: 1.4L:1.0D (No bonus)
Sunday: 1.0L: 1.5D1 (bonus activates on Monday for joining Light Faction)
Average Player ratio: ~1.34L:~1.07D (Dark never gets the recruitment incentive, despite being outnumbered by ~25%)

1: Dark players don't go to church. Seriously though, if this same mechanism activated the CP bonus, it should clearly illustrate why that mechanism would be flawed as well.
Back to top Go down

Cp bonus and why?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2