Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transferring experience

Go down 
+3
Pyr
Gimli
Pulkit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pulkit

Pulkit

Transferring experience Empty
PostSubject: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 pm

I would like to see experience being made transferable. Like one unit which has some experience can give it to others (but only half of the experience given will reach the other unit) . Essentially it would help in leveling down units (for pvp ) and help all units gain the same level so as to create a uniformity.

Last edited by Pulkit on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 pm

http://www.battleconforum.com/t2211-does-leveling-units-take-too-long-suggestions-and-discussion

Post this suggestion here if you want to, we are discussing ways to level units up faster.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 am

you can just put good xp gear on unit you wnat ot lvl up faster

and for hersoses putt good geared hero in naked lia/archer unit:)
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Misunderstanding   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:09 am

Pyr wrote:
you can just put good xp gear on unit you wnat ot lvl up faster

and for hersoses putt good geared hero in naked lia/archer unit:)
I dont want to level up a unit faster but rather level down a unit Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 pm

I think transferring experience might be a little much.

However temporarily downgrading a unit below its max would definitely be something I'd like to see implemented.

It would also drastically increase the activity of PvP.
There are so many players below or above my unit/tier level that I can't play with because our unit levels dont match up.

Allowing the HIGHER player to reduce his unit level for a PvP match would be AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
Valmeijar

Valmeijar

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Great idea... my two cents:

Two annoying issues regarding XP spread across units are:
1-Some units will be lvl X, others will be X-1, X-2, X-3, etc. But when fighting the AI their army will be based on X, creating imbalance.
2-PvP tiers pass and say forever goodbye too quickly.

I would like to be able to transfer XP from unit to unit to solve issue 1 above (although I can just fight with the lower lvl units and try for them to catch up, once they are all similar the fact that some units (e.g. HI) get a ton more XP than others, garantees that the issue will arise soon again.

I would love to be able to temporary or permanently reduce the XP of an unit without transfering it to any other unit, that would solve issues 1 and 2 above.

Again, great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:04 am

Lemme tell you a story.
Once upon a time, someone had a good t2 team . All the units were level 7-8 and that guy liked doing pvps. But then something horrible happened. He woke up to discover that one of his units is now level 9. Horrible!! Life could never return to the same. Now he cant do a t2 because his army is all 8-9ish and He cant do pvp t3 for the same reason (U just cant fight level 12 HI with a level 9 one). Now every time he does a t2 , the enemy kills him easily. He got nothing to do but coop and solo till his level is decent for a t3. That would take many days. In the meanwhile, he has almost stopped pvping. PVP-the only part of the game which allows you to fight vs someone with a brain. The real test of strength , knowledge and mettle. PVP- the game mode least played . And he is still waiting for his units to level up Sad
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:20 am

I dont think transfering experience can be justified by any logic. Nevertheless mentioned issues can be solved by an actual system that would tell you

"your unit is ready to level up"
"to level up press button "+"

If you dont press that button your unit will stay at the same experience and level, but all experience it would be getting goes lost.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:44 am

Tibr wrote:
I dont think transfering experience can be justified by any logic. Nevertheless mentioned issues can be solved by an actual system that would tell you

"your unit is ready to level up"
"to level up press button "+"

If you dont press that button your unit will stay at the same experience and level, but all experience it would be getting goes lost.
Well I believe that transferring only half the experience might be a good idea. Like one unit can take 2k XP from itself and only 1k will reach the receiver.
You ask for a justification? Dont the old/experienced warrior (in old legends) share their experiences with others. Its like a master giving knowledge to his/her pupils.
I could type more examples but i think you got the point.
Either way , i dont care for which solution is taken. It is discussed in the HC later( i think). I just care for a solution, any solution
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:16 am

Telling stories or teaching others wont make the teacher lose experience. I am all for being able to hire leveled units up to lvl 9-10 once a player has lvl 16-20 army. If leveling would require confirmation it would probably solve the issues above. We´d just need more barrack slots to have units for several pvp tiers. Research/gems/barrack bonus .. would be nice sources.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:42 am

Tibr wrote:
Telling stories or teaching others wont make the teacher lose experience. I am all for being able to hire leveled units up to lvl 9-10 once a player has lvl 16-20 army. If leveling would require confirmation it would probably solve the issues above. We´d just need more barrack slots to have units for several pvp tiers. Research/gems/barrack bonus .. would be nice sources.
yeah losing experience doesnt happen in real life . But well u need a mechanism for transferring and direct transfer would be too easy.  There should be sort of a loss when u try to transfer XP and so I thought loss of half the XP should happen.
Yours a nice idea too. I dont care for the means . Only the end. All's well that ends well Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:00 am

What I don't understand is why the mechanism to make your units temporarily level down was canned. That would allow you to level up as you see fit and higher levels will always be better. Maybe implementation seemed difficult? I can understand if that's the issue, but really I haven't heard a better solution yet.

Really, the level based pvp tiers and the gear score increase per level up have been two of the worst updates for pvp ever. At this point it'd probably be too messy to just remove them though...  Sad

If levels/gear can be balanced to not be totally insanely OP than it's possible that the level tiers could be removed for a +-25 AP solution. But in it's current state that will just open up an endless can of chaos on everyone unmaxed who goes into the PvP queue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transferring experience   Transferring experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transferring experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: