Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed. Empty
PostSubject: Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.   Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 am

Many similar games like this I believe Lords of Magic had a similar battle system. Thought it was turn based, the battle system was very similar to this. You could train units / research and unlock new ones. Buy units / Heroes etc.

Now the part in these games that I liked was it had two settings.

1) Automatic Battle System

Where you could select the units you want to enter the battle, and the AI would generate results. These results also had a random chance added to it. i.e. if you'd normally win the battle again 2 lower leveled units in an Automatic battle they had the chance to actually Win. But the Automatic battle was fun as well as useful. You could skip certain battles, especially when time is of the essence.

2) Battle Speed

You could increase the battle speed and the battle would speed up. Currently it takes on an average 2-3 minutes for a battle, perhaps that time could be reduced to say 1/3 or 1 Minute instead of 3?

Just a suggestion. PvE Battles tend to get boring and could be skipped through. While PvP though you have an option to skip or speed up would just get you in trouble.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.   Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 am

CycLonite wrote:

Many similar games like this I believe Lords of Magic had a similar battle system. Thought it was turn based, the battle system was very similar to this. You could train units / research and unlock new ones. Buy units / Heroes etc.

Now the part in these games that I liked was it had two settings.

1) Automatic Battle System

Where you could select the units you want to enter the battle, and the AI would generate results. These results also had a random chance added to it. i.e. if you'd normally win the battle again 2 lower leveled units in an Automatic battle they had the chance to actually Win. But the Automatic battle was fun as well as useful. You could skip certain battles, especially when time is of the essence.

2) Battle Speed

You could increase the battle speed and the battle would speed up. Currently it takes on an average 2-3 minutes for a battle, perhaps that time could be reduced to say 1/3 or 1 Minute instead of 3?

Just a suggestion. PvE Battles tend to get boring and could be skipped through. While PvP though you have an option to skip or speed up would just get you in trouble.

I can't say I see an automatic battle system or various battle speeds happening anytime soon. The basic difference between a turn based game such as Lords of Magic and Battle Conquest which has real time battles is exactly that, REAL TIME. The plan is to have an AI button which will enable AI for your units, thus have them fight on their own. Obviously the rate of casualties is going to be different than when commanded by a human player.

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.   Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

I can't say I see an automatic battle system or various battle speeds happening anytime soon. The basic difference between a turn based game such as Lords of Magic and Battle Conquest which has real time battles is exactly that, REAL TIME. The plan is to have an AI button which will enable AI for your units, thus have them fight on their own. Obviously the rate of casualties is going to be different than when commanded by a human player.

THe fights in Lords of Magic are similar to Battle Conquest. If you have not seen the game I encourage you to do so. The battles are REAL TIME. However the turn based element is movement on the map, as you move from various regions. This game is VERY MUCH like Lords of Magic. Hence please check out what I am saying. The battles are REAL TIME just like in Battle Conquest.

The game is very old and can easily be found on abandonware sites. It is very much like this however instead of 2 factions they have 10. Each faction has unique units available to that faction unlocked through research / building levels, if you control area of that faction you can buy units of that faction. Please do check out the battle system of that game. This game actually reminds me of Lords of Magic very much only it is multi-player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.   Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto Battle / Increase Battle Speed.
Page 1 of 1