Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

teleporting units

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kuba_

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Units can teleport from one place to another, when i saw it in solo i thought that was my internet connection, but when it happened in pvp when both players saw this then it is propably a bug. It happened during 2 HI was fighting each other, another LI joined, then LI was flanked by other units and it was destroyed, next two fighting HI teleport to the east catching in fight another unit who were standing there.

Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:52 pm

The same happened to me,

The battle started and I moved my HI to a nearby forest and the unit teleported to a tower halfway across the map. Shocked  scratch  Shocked 

Please elaborate.

-Gimlithedrunk255
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Had this happen 2-3 days ago in PvE. My engaged LIA 'floated' in a curve from top right to bottom left going clockwise and ended up rearing a charging cavalry unit, which then got reared by 6 more units as it turned to face that LIA. It never happened before and has not happened since.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 am

That's rather odd..  scratch 

Can anyone elaborate a bit more on this? I assume that the unit teleported along with it's banner, right?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:08 am

right unit is teleporting with its banner, or units if they fight together. Usually it happens when 3 units are fighting and one is dying and 2 remaining still fighting then they might teleport and catch another unit to fight by accident. When it happened when two units were fighting then after one is killed then victory unit is teleporting (with banner) to catch another free unit to fight with it, when it appeared in pvp and both players saw the same internet connection cannot be blame for that.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:10 am

Thanks, I'll take a further look into it.

pig 
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:20 am

Do they always teleport to engage another unit farther away?
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 am

Yes, most of the time.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 am

I'd been in similar situations before and since, such a situation leading up to when the "teleportation" occurred are very frequent....still, the odd behavior has occurred just one time.

Firstly, teleportation may not be the best word to describe it, as the unit never disappeared, but rather moved quicker than it should in a manner that was more akin to floating/gliding/sliding (it was a smooth curving pattern).

To elaborate on the situation:
The melee involved multiple units, I did not see that any units (my own or the AIs) had been outright killed (it might have been in the midst of a shift because of troops dying, however (also, no units fled)). The red arrow never came off of the LIA that eventually reared the Cav...but further, the Cav had not engaged any of my units yet when it had to turn to face the LIA that had just managed to rear it magically.

(Then it got reared by all of my units that it had been approaching, because it had to turn around, and died instantaneously.)

I can't see a scenario where this should occur, that LIA moved incredibly fast. Even if the LIA became disengaged because the unit it had been attacking had died, at best it should have only been able to flank the Cav, if that.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am

This happened to me again after the update today.

The guy I was fighting on PVP ranted about me Kiting...can't see me doing that cause I'm Dwarf l. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:01 pm

yeah this just happened to me in a pve.

http://www.battleconforum.com/t2240-units-disengaging-in-combat

similar conditions to that scenario. However my a cav had flanked the HI. My HI became disengaged. My HI run off to kill some archers. The HI kills my cav  Sad  and then the HI teleports into combat with my HI that went off to kill the archers.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 am

OK, your info was more than valuable. Smile

This should be fixed with the next patch.

Thank you all,
Xargos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

teleporting units Empty
PostSubject: Re: teleporting units   teleporting units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

teleporting units
Page 1 of 1