Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Units disengaging in combat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

Units disengaging in combat Empty
PostSubject: Units disengaging in combat   Units disengaging in combat I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:09 am

I have yet to notice this in pve but it seems obvious in pvp. Units will disengage from a melee. I've seen it multiple times but only thought it was a really strange occurrence. If I remember correctly it usually happens when a unit is being flanked/reared by 2 units. So for example a DL HI is attacking my HI. A DL LI flanks my HI. I flank the DL HI with my LI. The DL HI kills my LI. For some strange reason the DL HI then gets out of combat with my HI while the DL LI continue to battle with my HI.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Units disengaging in combat   Units disengaging in combat I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:14 am

Yep, the exact same thing occured a couple of times in pvps i had. I takes the rear flank scenario as described above, so at least 4 units need to be involved in this in order for this strange thing to happen. It even disengeages when the unit flees.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Units disengaging in combat   Units disengaging in combat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:37 am

Hey,

As a unit takes damage, its size is reduced. If a unit's attack radius becomes too small, it advances towards it's target (pointed by the red arrow) and that could lead to active disengagement from another unit.

This was not happening before the merge indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Units disengaging in combat   Units disengaging in combat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Units disengaging in combat
Page 1 of 1