Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pathfinding is messed up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudandus

Claudandus

pathfinding is messed up Empty
PostSubject: pathfinding is messed up   pathfinding is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:25 am

Thought there already is a topic about this but couldnt find one. So here it comes.

The dancing unit bugs at the edges of obstacles is back merrier than ever, happening in every single battle to at least one unit of mine.

Another thing is really annoying. Units no longer take the shortest route to get to a destination. When i order a unit to move passed an obstacle to stop in front of the obstacle on the right side, it takes the way around the obstacle from the right side, no matter if going around from the left side would be much shorter. This one occured since the merge. It becomes really obvious when my command includes the passing of several objects.

Both bugs cripple armies movement and handling. I have to babysit every single command ive given to make sure they dont get stuck or take the long route coming way too late to the party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pathfinding is messed up   pathfinding is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:11 am

Yep, same here.
Dancing units not every battle, but often.
And that units dont use the shortest route, is really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Coridise

PostSubject: Re: pathfinding is messed up   pathfinding is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 am

Units get caught at the right rear corner of obstacle when trying to move past it into battle and just sit and alternate turn to the right, turn to the left, repeat. Can not give long moves at the beginning to bring units into battle quickly because of this everything has to be micro managed a few inches at a time.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: pathfinding is messed up   pathfinding is messed up I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:20 am

I would like to note that moving around and positioning units is a lot more enjoyable and less intrusive now that units can move through eachother to their destination. Despite the pathfinding issues that still remain, that movement improving update helped a lot!  Smile

Unit's movement through eachother? Great.

Unit's path calculated to their destination? Not always so great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pathfinding is messed up   pathfinding is messed up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pathfinding is messed up
Page 1 of 1