Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fog of War

Go down 
+8
ysosad
Savvage
RuneSlayer
Boboknack
XViper
Scaren
Metalsiagon
ferarith
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ferarith

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm not a fan of the new Fog of War, FoW function. i've heard this idea from a few people but the first person who mentioned it to me was Bettyboop...

Make FoW optional on Pve for a CP increase.

I like anything that lets me play without FoW and this sounds pretty reasonable so i figured i'd post it.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 pm

I concur, FOW needs to be made a function that adds a XP bonus or something, not a standard across the board.

FOW ruins a large aspect of game play by adding undo levels of difficulty to regular battles, at the very least, there needs to be a scout unit made with long range vision.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:12 pm

I like the idea of Fog of War being optional with bonus something. However could add some specifics why you don't like Fog? For example I still think Unit Volume is too disorganized.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:31 pm

I like Fog of War, but until the AI is able to 'not cheat', then I would agree with this idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 am

The massive lag ruins it for me, 1 enemy unit appears, next thing I know the game freezes - 30 seconds later every unit is fighting across the map. Right now I just make a long battle line and hope for the best, not á lot of tactics in that Mad 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:24 am

I've experienced no lag from the changes Boboknack.
You may want to confirm that you are running the latest version of flash for your relevant browser.

Also check to make sure you have made the 'Chrome tweak' if you are using Chrome, and that the settings have not reverted to default.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 am

Boboknack wrote:
The massive lag ruins it for me, 1 enemy unit appears, next thing I know the game freezes - 30 seconds later every unit is fighting across the map. Right now I just make a long battle line and hope for the best, not á lot of tactics in that Mad 

Most definitely not something that is related to the new mechanics. They are lighter than feather....It has to do something with either your browser or the Flash version you have...
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 am

Suicidal is hard as it is, but add collision and FoW, that's hard hard hard!
For example, people like bringing 4 cannons, 4 archers, and maybe 2 HI to co-op, but what use are the artillery?!?!

So yeah, optional.

But I hate collision 2 x more than FoW, all it does is eliminate the easiest and weakest tactic to use, balling up O.o
Devs probably think balling up is like doing the best PvP tactics O.o

Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Suggestion:

Make FoW and Volume optional in Solos. Choosing the option bumps the rewards (drop chance, drop quality, loot) and CP to the difficulty above it.

That is, fighting an insane under old mechanics caps CP at 130...with the new mechanics it becomes 160.

Suicide w/ new mechanics then caps at 200.

.....still thinking about a good alternative for Coops.
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Savvage wrote:
For example, people like bringing 4 cannons, 4 archers, and maybe 2 HI to co-op, but what use are the artillery?!?!

*cough. Who does that? *cough

ysosad wrote:
Make FoW and Volume optional in Solos. Choosing the option bumps the rewards (drop chance, drop quality, loot) and CP to the difficulty above it.

said by others, but seconded.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:01 pm

ysosad wrote:
Suggestion:

That is, fighting an insane under old mechanics caps CP at 130...with the new mechanics it becomes 160.

Suicide w/ new mechanics then caps at 200.

.....still thinking about a good alternative for Coops.

I like the idea of greater rewards for Fog. Another suggestion I like is that make it random. Maybe 30-60% chance of Fog in pve. 100% for pvp. Terrain is random and the AI enemy is random so maybe making Fog could be random.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Scaren wrote:
I like the idea of Fog of War being optional with bonus something. However could add some specifics why you don't like Fog? For example I still think Unit Volume is too disorganized.

The AI "cheats" it knows where i am and can choose its approach. where as i am stuck with my initial approach with very few adjustments since i can't see them soon enough to adjust, and if i try with the new volume function i have no clue where my units might end up... If i choose to buy a cav so i can "scout" the enemy it becomes a sacrifice to learn the enemy's army to prepare for it, that's a lot of AP just to lose before the battle really starts. I'm a dwarf so my cav is quite limited. I'm not saying don't have FoW in PvP i can see HUGE possibilities for it in PvP but the reason i liked this game was its simplicity, easy to understand easy to play and just enough times of the AI beating me to force me to play well to win in PvE.
As far as i am concerned PvP and PvE have one thing in common, the units you can use, that's it. In that regard i think they should be programed and designed differently. PvE easier for the "casual" player and PvP requiring more thinking for the "hardcore" player. I played a few PvP's and enjoyed the challenge but i don't want that every battle, i play this game to enjoy it and relax, i can't do that anymore with the requirements instituted by FoW to win now.
That is why i am against FoW Scaren.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I like fog of war a lot because now is harder for fast foot elf archers to do kitting in pvps but the only bad thing is now CAV can easily hide in FoG and ambush from behind your engaged units without any Advice Sad, and I dont like much new units volume is harder for me to take cover and my units need move around all engaged fellows to can engage a enemy unit Razz,but love all other changes like archers nerf in melee and boost in ranged attacks but I dont find FoG so useful for players in solo and coop, enemy AI find you fast and easily like they already know where you are hidden.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:36 pm

well there are some options

1 decerase archer range than fow is less annoing and extend missle/fire rate to balance ap
2 extend range vision
3 let playes set its starting position like first 30s/1min player can put his troops in balle on top/bottom area so we could put cav on one place archers behind hi and li on the other side or something like that

edit and well i like fow and volue soooo much thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Pyr wrote:
well there are some options

1 decerase archer range than fow is less annoing and extend missle/fire rate to balance ap

Archer range/ fire rate feels about right to me as it is.

2 extend range vision

for artillery, I agree increased vision would be good. For other units, not so much (except maybe as a stat increased by special items?)

3 let playes set its starting position like first 30s/1min player can put his troops in balle on top/bottom area so we could put cav on one place archers behind hi and li on the other side or something like that

Too much wasted time in matches this way. It's best to try to keep the battles fast paced.

edit and well i like fow and volue soooo much thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:00 pm

oba yup startin range is ok its just like line af sight but we have some range ading items so maby line of sight will be range equal to range on archers ?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Pyr wrote:
oba yup startin range is ok its just like line af sight but we have some range ading items so maby line of sight will be range equal to range on archers ?

if you do that then why not make artillery sight it's range?
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am

because that way art will be too great scout and well maby archer range -10 so archer s would not ber so great scouts too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fog of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fog of War   Fog of War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fog of War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: