Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Increase Consumption of Wood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LSLarry

Increase Consumption of Wood Empty
PostSubject: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Ah wood, the most useless of resources for most player most of the time! What on earth is it for? Can't burn it, can't whittle, can't really ask devs to add either as a function....

So what to do with all the extra wood? Players tend to have ridiculous overages in it, and either dump it to their guild (so now guild vault gains the overages lol) or sell it on market cheaply in hopes of some quick gold gains.

The simplest solution would be to increase the costs of /everything/ in wood by ~10% and see what effects this has on the game economy. Since stone or iron is the limiting factor in a construction of research, wood consistently lags behind both of them in terms of actual use. Repair costs (for banners and artifacts) in wood have made it slightly more useful; these could also be increased slightly, say 5%.

Some researches have a significant cost in wood, but the majority rely again on iron or stone. Making wood a more important part of all researches could be a way to not only increase wood consumption but distinguish between researching and building as well.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 pm

What about the occasional bonfire - feasting on human, elven and dwarven flesh (lighties can think of something else if eating bones and the rotten green doesnt seem as appealing) to keep the troops approval of their general high. When troops resentment towards their general reaches a certain lvl cause he fails to deliver entertainment some might strike and refuse to fight until paid their hiring price once more.

If a general shouldnt be able to deliver entertainment himself cause he is having his vacation on hawaii, resentment and dissent within the ranks shouldnt grow, only poor performance while he is on and his stubborn refusal to human sacrifice should result in that.

Sounds like a fun option to soak up some wood and balance the market a little more.

10-50k per bonfire (boyscout till inferno)
Back to top Go down
Naz_

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:25 am

I find realistic and logical that some ressources are rarest than others..

Plus, when you focus on research Wood is becoming a very rare ressource.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Naz_ wrote:
I find realistic and logical that some ressources are rarest than others..

Plus, when you focus on research Wood is becoming a very rare ressource.

Only the lich towers and universites are big on wood. Other researches are either the same with wood or even lower.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Claudandus wrote:
What about the occasional bonfire - feasting on human, elven and dwarven flesh (lighties can think of something else if eating bones and the rotten green doesnt seem as appealing)  to keep the troops approval of their general high. When troops resentment towards their general reaches a certain lvl cause he fails to deliver entertainment some might strike and refuse to fight until paid their hiring price once more.

If a general shouldnt be able to deliver entertainment himself cause he is having his vacation on hawaii, resentment and dissent within the ranks shouldnt grow, only poor performance while he is on and his stubborn refusal to human sacrifice should result in that.

Sounds like a fun option to soak up some wood and balance the market a little more.

10-50k per bonfire (boyscout till inferno)

Poles and stages for the dancing girls at the bonfires would be a good use of wood...
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:51 pm

*pulls out notepad* Dancing.... girls.... and.......fire.....

Ok, I like it. New suggestion; Devs introduce a dancing wench / bonfire function in which wood is consumed for a time-based bonus to unit morale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increase Consumption of Wood   Increase Consumption of Wood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increase Consumption of Wood
Page 1 of 1