Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Incentive to battle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadpool

Incentive to battle Empty
PostSubject: Incentive to battle   Incentive to battle I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am

I find there to be very little incentive to battle beyond helping my team out. For some such as me that's enough, for long term game growth it's ill incentive for new players. Fighting battles against the AI is cost prohibitive especially those with little current time. On hard in straight up battle o0ne on one I lost a unit. In normal with my three stars and a third level hero I lose 7 of my troop and I already lam in a losing proposition gold wise. I know because I have tried this. Generally I do better in multiple unit battles but one does not always have the time to contribute.

Sp what is the incentive? More gold on each level makes sense. You made it the only commerce in the game. You have a buying system, not a barter system.

I think a successful battle is if you survive 50% or more, so it has to be enough gold at normal to cover that. On hard it should be enough to cover 15 guys in a unit, and on Nightmare 20 units. I know 20 units is a loss, but if they make the attempt and survive, a little extra doesn't hurt.

It might also make sense to do a sort of easter egg hunt for items. Random area, random battle, somebody gets a free item. Doesn't have to be an important item, could be crap, but new players will try to find that item anyways.

Just a thought while I am working. I may formulate more concrete ideas later.

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to battle   Incentive to battle I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am

I think the battles need to have some more incentive than just gold. The healing costs other resources too. So if I spend timing battling I keep reducing my resources and it takes me longer to upgrade. So either I can just stop battling completely or the battles at least give some sort of healing expenses back when I win.

Otherwise there is no incentive for me to battle, I can just let others in the faction war it out while I concentrate on upgrading buildings and don't do any battles.

Following are a few suggestions on this topic.

1. More Rewards

Other resources as well when battle is won. Just sufficient to heal the Unit.

2. Passive Healing of Units

If units heal passively while waiting for next battle say 1 Unit HP per 5 minutes or so depending on research then it would be helpful. So resources won't be spent healing them.

3. Control Bonuses

Depending upon how much regions your Side controls you get a hourly / daily bonus to resources that might contribute to healing. So people have an incentive to battle.

Just a few suggestions.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to battle   Incentive to battle I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:04 am

The Normal Difficulty has a handicap, which is why it seems so easy. In Hard difficulty the AI units behave normally and their stats are normal too.

In regards to the matter of additional incentives, the crafting system will resolve this issue. The crafting depends on fragments (drops) you acquire when you are victorious in a battle. The harder the difficulty, the better chance for a rare fragment drop, therefore the better the chance for crafting a rare item for your units and troops.

Also, in the near future, guilds will be able to control regions, depending on the total CPs they acquired in a region . Technically that region will belong to the guild's faction, but the guild will be able to acquire some bonuses and build regional defenses. In the far future, this will give space to another coming feature...guild vs guild confrontation, even in the same faction.

As right now there are no items for your units and heroes, it is only logical to assume that there is no point in "investing" in regional battles. You will find very soon, that the items play a SIGNIFICANT role in the battlefield, as they give bonuses to your units and heroes, so the better equipped your units/heroes are, the better their chances on the battlefield.

Special abilities granted to heroes/units with the right items anyone? Wink
Back to top Go down
Dreiko21

Dreiko21

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to battle   Incentive to battle I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Special abilities granted to heroes/units with the right items anyone? Wink

PICK ME, PICK ME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to battle   Incentive to battle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incentive to battle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-