Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gems (KingTutts Idea.)

Go down 
+4
Notelitten
Piktas
Khor
KingTutt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KingTutt

KingTutt

Gems (KingTutts Idea.) Empty
PostSubject: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:31 am

Let me start off by saying I'm an alcoholic and Battle Conquest happens to be my alcoholic beverage. I've played non-stop for about 6 days. I've learned a lot and I only want to learn more.

Now on the subject of Gems. I understand every game needs to make money for the site and other things. But there should be a way to get Gems for free... Very low amount that you could get for say... Completing quests... Maybe everyday if you fight the hardest level you have unlocked on solo and win you can get 10 Gems for that day... But you can only do this once a day...

I personally haven't bought Gems on this game yet but I will when the objective of this game has been reached and restarted... I know thats not going to be for a very long time... But before I pay money on a game I want to be very well known and have this game very well understood.

Well again I love what you guys got here... I will play my heart out and you will see more of my ideas as I learn more about the game...

-ChristianT.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:35 am

Yes, this is an important part of all f2p games, a means to acquire them in game (not doing surveys for kreds and such) Especially centered on signing on daily, and being active. Some games give bonuses based on how many days you sign in consecutively, some give daily roulette prizes, some do specific quests. As long as theirs a way, a lot more people will be more interested in the game, and population is good for everyone.
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:40 am

Khor wrote:
Yes, this is an important part of all f2p games, a means to acquire them in game (not doing surveys for kreds and such) Especially centered on signing on daily, and being active. Some games give bonuses based on how many days you sign in consecutively, some give daily roulette prizes, some do specific quests. As long as theirs a way, a lot more people will be more interested in the game, and population is good for everyone.

Yes this is right. I believe it keeps people coming back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the devs already mentioned that you will be able to get gems in game eventually.
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:42 am

I remember it being talked about that this will be implemented in the game one day, though it was not revealed what way it would be added to the game.

That being said, I like the theory of quests (like the way they give fame) giving quests, it will reward active players. It could still be very rare quests.

I'd also like to see announcements of updates being posted as the sever is going down, that way players have something to read, and look forward to, so that they aren't completely in the dark as the update is happening.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:44 am

Hello KingTutt,

Good suggestions about having a way to earn a small amount of Free Gems. I feel there should be a way for New people to at least get a feel of the VIP Pack, so they know what sort of benefits they will earn when they make that Purchase and invest in the game.

I for one know that the VIP pack is worth it, during the closed Beta, all players were given Gems and almost all of us used them on the VIP Packs. The new players on Kongregate do not have an idea of how the VIP Pack will benefit them. So if they are able to earn Gems in small quantities and use them to buy small trainer VIP Packs, like 5 day pack or a weeks pack for say n amount of Gems, it would be helpful to the game.

Moving on with your post,

KingTutt wrote:

...... the objective of this game has been reached and restarted...

-ChristianT.

The game is not going to be reset or restarted. It will be unfair to a lot of people who have invested in the game and have bought VIP Packs from day one.

Besides, that I agree with you the BC Team has been very friendly, and supportive of the players and listens to what the players have to say. In short they are way cool and the game is awesome and just too addictive! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:45 am

Notelitten wrote:
I'd also like to see announcements of updates being posted as the sever is going down, that way players have something to read, and look forward to, so that they aren't completely in the dark as the update is happening.

Very good point! Tell us what you are doing before you do it. Something to read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:48 am

Going to make this short, i find a daily log-in bonus to be incredibly stupid especially for a game like this where activity is rewarded. A log-in bonus encourages you to return daily not necessarily do anything while you're there other than collect resources and random other small things.

As for the method of "free gems" that has been discussed i will provide the link to the thread and it is in what is currently the last post of that thread.

http://www.battleconforum.com/t113-ideas-for-current-new-game-features
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:03 am

Yanvicious wrote:
Going to make this short, i find a daily log-in bonus to be incredibly stupid especially for a game like this where activity is rewarded. A log-in bonus encourages you to return daily not necessarily do anything while you're there other than collect resources and random other small things.

As for the method of "free gems" that has been discussed i will provide the link to the thread and it is in what is currently the last post of that thread.

I can understand the reason you feel so strongly against the idea of being able to get free gems cause you are dominating for spending money on gems.

But come on do you think we can compete with someone who spends a good amount of money on this game.? In my situation, I'm not that familiar with this game yet and i'm not comfortable with spending money on a game that I've just started playing... I'm quite sure others feel the same. Perhaps a little taste would spark a giant thirst...

I didn't know there was another topic just was throwing out an idea. Wink Don't bite Yan
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:08 am

I'm not opposed to the idea of free gems, in fact i encourage it. The real issue is how they go about rewarding them though and i don't feel logging on 1 time a day for 5 days consecutively is a good way of going about it. Your battle idea is more in lines with what i would recommend however.

Something like "daily achievements" maybe wouldn't be so bad, set up some daily achievements and as you earn each one you get scaling rewards, say 5 in total. Completing 1 yields +500 of each resource, completing the 2nd yields +1000 of each resource, maybe the 3rd yields an uncommon/rare fragment, the 4th yields an uncommon/rare item for a random unit, while completing all 5 might be worth 10-20 gems. These daily achievements wouldn't be a quick thing though, something along the lines of complete 20 battles in a day, or earn 100-150 CP for the day, or earn 15k gold from battles for the day. Something like this would encourage players that are active to remain active, not providing bonuses to players who choose to pop on for a few minutes. That's my opinion anyways.

Edit: and it wasn't that there was another thread, but the current planned method of earning free gems was mentioned here and that was where that came from so anyone interested in what was already discussed and planned could find it there.
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:12 am

Yanvicious wrote:
I'm not opposed to the idea of free gems, in fact i encourage it. The real issue is how they go about rewarding them though and i don't feel logging on 1 time a day for 5 days consecutively is a good way of going about it. Your battle idea is more in lines with what i would recommend however.

Something like "daily achievements" maybe wouldn't be so bad, set up some daily achievements and as you earn each one you get scaling rewards, say 5 in total. Completing 1 yields +500 of each resource, completing the 2nd yields +1000 of each resource, maybe the 3rd yields an uncommon/rare fragment, the 4th yields an uncommon/rare item for a random unit, while completing all 5 might be worth 10-20 gems. These daily achievements wouldn't be a quick thing though, something along the lines of complete 20 battles in a day, or earn 100-150 CP for the day, or earn 15k gold from battles for the day. Something like this would encourage players that are active to remain active, not providing bonuses to players who choose to pop on for a few minutes. That's my opinion anyways.

Edit: and it wasn't that there was another thread, but the current planned method of earning free gems was mentioned here and that was where that came from so anyone interested in what was already discussed and planned could find it there.
Ohhh okay I see what you are saying! I completely agree! I'm sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:52 am

KingTutt wrote:
Let me start off by saying I'm an alcoholic and Battle Conquest happens to be my alcoholic beverage. I've played non-stop for about 6 days. I've learned a lot and I only want to learn more.

Now on the subject of Gems. I understand every game needs to make money for the site and other things. But there should be a way to get Gems for free... Very low amount that you could get for say... Completing quests... Maybe everyday if you fight the hardest level you have unlocked on solo and win you can get 10 Gems for that day... But you can only do this once a day...

I personally haven't bought Gems on this game yet but I will when the objective of this game has been reached and restarted... I know thats not going to be for a very long time... But before I pay money on a game I want to be very well known and have this game very well understood.

Well again I love what you guys got here... I will play my heart out and you will see more of my ideas as I learn more about the game...

-ChristianT.

Thank you for your kind words and we are very happy that you are enjoying the game. That is exactly what we are aiming for. Smile

We are well aware of this, as it has been mentioned numerous times and we are preparing several other mechanics which will give free Gems.

No worries...We listen. Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:52 am

Khor wrote:

Sure thing Khor. Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:53 am

Notelitten wrote:
I remember it being talked about that this will be implemented in the game one day, though it was not revealed what way it would be added to the game.

That being said, I like the theory of quests (like the way they give fame) giving quests, it will reward active players. It could still be very rare quests.

Hmmm, I like this idea. So, the patch notes visible in the maintenance screen?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:55 am

CycLonite wrote:
Hello KingTutt,

Good suggestions about having a way to earn a small amount of Free Gems. I feel there should be a way for New people to at least get a feel of the VIP Pack, so they know what sort of benefits they will earn when they make that Purchase and invest in the game.

I for one know that the VIP pack is worth it, during the closed Beta, all players were given Gems and almost all of us used them on the VIP Packs. The new players on Kongregate do not have an idea of how the VIP Pack will benefit them. So if they are able to earn Gems in small quantities and use them to buy small trainer VIP Packs, like 5 day pack or a weeks pack for say n amount of Gems, it would be helpful to the game.

KingTutt wrote:

-ChristianT.
The game is not going to be reset or restarted. It will be unfair to a lot of people who have invested in the game and have bought VIP Packs from day one.

Besides, that I agree with you the BC Team has been very friendly, and supportive of the players and listens to what the players have to say. In short they are way cool and the game is awesome and just too addictive! Embarassed

We love you too! Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

Yanvicious wrote:

Bullseye! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:57 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Hmmm, I like this idea. So, the patch notes visible in the maintenance screen?

For sure that would be a good thing, I also liked that it was posted in announcements on the forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:12 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
CycLonite wrote:
Hello KingTutt,

KingTutt wrote:

-ChristianT.

We love you too! Smile

So what happens when all objectives are taken and the opposing teams kingdom is taken over?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

KingTutt wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
CycLonite wrote:
Hello KingTutt,

KingTutt wrote:

-ChristianT.

We love you too! Smile

So what happens when all objectives are taken and the opposing teams kingdom is taken over?

I'm not going to spoil it. Wink
Back to top Go down
KingTutt

KingTutt

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:46 pm

[quote="RuneSlayer"]
KingTutt wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
CycLonite wrote:
Hello KingTutt,

KingTutt wrote:

-ChristianT.

We love you too! Smile

I'm not going to spoil it. Wink[/quote

Grrr I was told i'd get that answer >Smile
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:19 pm

I agree that people should not just log in to pick up their free daily 10 gems. Thats silly.

I also wouldnt want people to feel like they have to log in daily or they miss out on potential power gains. That leads to resentment of the game.

The idea of sequential combat quests appeals to me - but instead of being a daily perhaps scale it to a weekly basis so that players have more choice in when they want to push through the sequence of quests.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:35 pm

I hereby propose Dwarves get a racial bonus for gems ! After all, we are the best miners Razz suck it elves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gems (KingTutts Idea.)   Gems (KingTutts Idea.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gems (KingTutts Idea.)
Page 1 of 1