Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Special PvP Arena

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

Special PvP Arena Empty
PostSubject: Special PvP Arena   Special PvP Arena I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:28 am

A special Arena Building or Hex on the Map. Where, players can PvP both Solo & in Teams.

Highlights

• Weekly | Monthly | (Periodic) Event: Have a Periodic PvP Event, where teams or Solo PvP Battles can be run. Simple Brackets based on AP (i.e. Player size)

• Team & Solo PvP: Solo & Team events. Teams can be made from any of the 6 Races in the game. This also allows same faction PvP as well.

• Prizes to Promote PvP: Prizes can be Custom Titles, or Special Trophies for Guilds, or Items or Fragments.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Special PvP Arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special PvP Arena   Special PvP Arena I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Quite...interesting...

We are working on some sort of a Global Quest, but it is different than what you are suggesting.

However, we need to find a way to make it "blend in" to the lore/gameplay and not just be a separate mechanism.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

Special PvP Arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special PvP Arena   Special PvP Arena I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Quite...interesting...

We are working on some sort of a Global Quest, but it is different than what you are suggesting.

However, we need to find a way to make it "blend in" to the lore/gameplay and not just be a separate mechanism.

Well an Arena in the center where all the races fight seems quite believable in the game. Since it is on the borders it can also blend in with the idea of different factions forming a team. This offers Elves to pair up with the undead and the Orcs with the Dwarves. The teams can be any combination of 3 races.

Perhaps as a prize, the weekly winners can get say the Bonus Experience to Units, or some such Bonus. The Arena Hex can also be captured for a week and not permanently, with the Guild or Faction owning it gaining the Ability to hire various Units from all the races perhaps as a Mercenary Camp Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Special PvP Arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special PvP Arena   Special PvP Arena I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm

CycLonite wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Quite...interesting...

Well an Arena in the center where all the races fight seems quite believable in the game. Since it is on the borders it can also blend in with the idea of different factions forming a team. This offers Elves to pair up with the undead and the Orcs with the Dwarves. The teams can be any combination of 3 races.

Perhaps as a prize, the weekly winners can get say the Bonus Experience to Units, or some such Bonus. The Arena Hex can also be captured for a week and not permanently, with the Guild or Faction owning it gaining the Ability to hire various Units from all the races perhaps as a Mercenary Camp Embarassed

Neat idea overall. Competitive small-team PvP is a big draw for sure. Add an ELO-based rating system and it would be a nice addition down the road. That said, I think there are some key things that we need to see first before an arena system like this would see the success it deserves:

• Map Expansion - I think they would have to expand the map and put this arena somewhere that is in "neutral" land that will never be fought over. Right now, the "center" of the map may not always be so stable and an arena there wouldnt make as much sense story-wise. Perhaps there is an ocean to the south and the arena is on an island and it is run by pirates or mercenaries - that sort of thing. I know they are adding a 3rd faction, so I would imagine there will be a map expansion to coincide with that.

• Light V Dark Lore - I think it detracts a bit too much from the lore to have light/dark on the same pvp team. I dont think it detracts too much to have teams of light fighting other teams of light (or dark v dark).

• PvP on the main warfront should take priority - I think that pvp is more meaningful on the actual warfront, both from a story perspective and from a social/guild perspective.

There have been other threads about this - but the normal warfront PvP rewards / penalties are a little too extreme to encourage a lot of play. Right now, the loss of XP is quite harsh (1 pvp loss of XP is ~= 7-10 wins in PvE) and the rewards of a guaranteed single item to the winner are not enough to encourage people to risk losing so much XP.

I would personally prefer to see less extreme rewards/penalties, but more participation in PvP. To that end, I would suggest that XP losses for fighting in PvP be removed or lowered dramatically. I know there are ways to retreat your units and keep them safe, but it encourages tactics that are not very fun for the winner or the loser.

If the increase in PvP participation causes too large an influx of items, then I wouldnt mind seeing the rewards lowered as well. That said, I dont think it would be needed since PvP only rewards up to rare items from what I have seen, so PvE is still the better method of finding the best gear for your units.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Special PvP Arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Special PvP Arena   Special PvP Arena I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special PvP Arena
Page 1 of 1