Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

More Story Empty
PostSubject: More Story   More Story I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:47 am

As I've been playing Battle Conquest lately, I've noticed that the lore is a little lacking. Mind you, I do not feel this fact impedes my enjoyment of the game so far, but for so many sides and a conflict already on-going when you hit the game, I do feel a little more lore might be interesting. The story quests, while interesting to a point, seem to revolve around fighting nondescript enemy forces - the rock one picks up midway through them is interesting, but it seems even that might have petered off later on in the chain, unless it's simply not referenced for a while and I did not notice.

While I'll say there's only a certain level of depth any story should strive for in a game primarily player-driven, I'd also say it couldn't hurt to at least add a bit more basic understanding on the reason the light side and the dark side allied with eachother and are fighting, if only for a bit more flavor in the questing Text. I'll note this really isn't something I view as a necessity in the game, just something that might improve it a little if the story is handled well.
Back to top Go down
Tops

More Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Story   More Story I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:02 pm

I definitely agree with this. The whole way the story goes is just kind of bland. I love the gameplay, but I the story is just boring to me.

While I definitely think the actual objectives of the quests should stay the same for everybody - doing any different would unbalance the game significantly - they could at least change up the text behind these quests, and should without a doubt include the actual start of this whole war in it.

The only thing we know about this war is that it's good versus evil, which is the most basic part of any storyline. Where did the legion come from? How did the undead rise? Why did the orcs decide to join with the two of them? How did the newest race (other than the legion) end up deciding to join with the two oldest? Why are the sides even fighting?

A whole lot of unanswered questions are left open in the storyline, and while I love this game, it could definitely use some writing behind it. Hell, if the game devs are interested, I've got some experience as a freelance writer and would be willing to work on a storyline for them for free.
Back to top Go down
AgentAAA

AgentAAA

More Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Story   More Story I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:18 pm

actually, yeah, one thing I'd like to see more than anything is some sort of story arc or lore to the dark legion, in particular, they're rather mysterious in that no-one knows what they are, but given that's really the only hook to them, it leaves them somewhat bland. As for writing, I'd be willing to offer to help myself, but I'd suggest someone with more experience than me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Story   More Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: