Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auction structure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soviet

Auction structure Empty
PostSubject: Auction structure   Auction structure I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:32 am

I propose a change in the auction structure, primarily materials/resources.
Currently the auction involved a lot of time “fishing” unless it’s a planned feature in that case disregard this post, however if it’s not hear me out.

If you predefine the selling quantities on fragments to be x1,x3,x10 then you can force duplicate sales to stack.
For resources id imagine you want around 5 options but its not too hard of creating reasonable borderlines, quantities of 100, 500, 1 000, are already the most common, 5 000, 20 000 should suffice for endgame
To expand on that currently you can have 30 different sales on an uncommon armor fragment over 9 pages. Forcing the players to spend 10 min looking for the “bargain” option where as if sorted in a manner recommended there is nearly no time browsing.

The skeptic would say something along the lines of “so this is a system to allow for easier underbidding then?” the reply is yes it does provide that kind of an angle but it also opens up a lot more advanced market options like regulating the market e.g. average item price can be stably calculated as players will buy out cheaper stacks until the higher price ones discourage trade. (just display a small print of average price/unit paid in past 72 hrs)

Personally I believe this method is a lot more user friendly and avoids new user-exploitation when they do not know the norm of market value. Even experienced players who didn’t invest the past few days monitoring the market to find the appropriate buy/sell price.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Auction structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auction structure   Auction structure I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:29 am

soviet wrote:
I propose a change in the auction structure, primarily materials/resources.
Currently the auction involved a lot of time “fishing” unless it’s a planned feature in that case disregard this post, however if it’s not hear me out.

If you predefine the selling quantities on fragments to be x1,x3,x10 then you can force duplicate sales to stack.
For resources id imagine you want around 5 options but its not too hard of creating reasonable borderlines, quantities of 100, 500, 1 000, are already the most common, 5 000, 20 000 should suffice for endgame
To expand on that currently you can have 30 different sales on an uncommon armor fragment over 9 pages. Forcing the players to spend 10 min looking for the “bargain” option where as if sorted in a manner recommended there is nearly no time browsing.

The skeptic would say something along the lines of “so this is a system to allow for easier underbidding then?” the reply is yes it does provide that kind of an angle but it also opens up a lot more advanced market options like regulating the market e.g. average item price can be stably calculated as players will buy out cheaper stacks until the higher price ones discourage trade. (just display a small print of average price/unit paid in past 72 hrs)

Personally I believe this method is a lot more user friendly and avoids new user-exploitation when they do not know the norm of market value. Even experienced players who didn’t invest the past few days monitoring the market to find the appropriate buy/sell price.

We want players to "fish" for the best offer, we want players to interact with the Auction House to find that particular offer which is a "jewel" among others. However, we could make the "presentation" a bit better by adding another value, Ratio. If for example each offer had a Ratio value, 1:1, 1:3, 1:1,5 , and the offers could be sorted according to the ratio, then it would be a lot easier for players to determine which offer is good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Auction structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auction structure   Auction structure I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm

I mentioned it in another thread, but perhaps use Icons for the searches instead of the dropdown.

Quick Paint Job:
Auction structure C8ODQ4G

What I would love to see in the patch notes:
  • Searching for items has changed. Instead of the old dropdown menu, a series of icons in a tree structure will be used to filter your searches. Clicking on any icon will highlight it and include those items in your next search.
  • Removed "Your Bid" column. An asterisk in front of the bid amount will indicate that it is your bid.
  • Bid and Buyout show the per item cost in parentheses.
  • You can click on the header to sort auctions by each column (Name, Bid, Bid per item, Buyout, BO per item, Time Left).
  • The game saves the last sort & filter that you used and displays that when you reopen the AuctionHouse.

Last edited by Hegorn on Mon May 13, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Auction structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auction structure   Auction structure I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:05 am

Hegorn wrote:
I mentioned it in another thread, but perhaps use Icons for the searches instead of the dropdown.

Quick Paint Job:
Auction structure C8ODQ4G

What I would love to see in the patch notes:
  • Tree structure with icons for search instead of the old dropdown.
  • Removed "Your Bid" column. An asterisk in front of the bid amount will indicate that it is your bid.
  • Bid and Buyout show the per item cost in parentheses.
  • You can click on the header to sort auctions by each column (Name, Bid, Bid per item, Buyout, BO per item, Time Left).
  • The game saves the last sort & filter that you used and displays that when you reopen the AuctionHouse.

Great photoshop work Hegorn! Smile It is possible and probably more user friendly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auction structure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auction structure   Auction structure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auction structure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: