Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ancient forge. false promises

Go down 
+3
Tibr
RuneSlayer
Claudandus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudandus

Claudandus

Ancient forge. false promises Empty
PostSubject: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 am

Apparently the ancient forge promises something but doesn't deliver. It promises a bonus to crafting higher rarity items, but nobody actually gets better odds when mixing frags from owning an ancient forge.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:02 am

Claudandus wrote:
Apparently the ancient forge promises something but doesn't deliver. It promises a bonus to crafting higher rarity items, but nobody actually gets better odds when mixing frags from owning an ancient forge.

It provides a bonus to crafting a better rarity than without having it. No bug.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:13 am

I've been asking people and everybody told me, that it doesn't increase the odds. Can you give me some numbers or a specific example in what way it actually does increase the rarity when mixing frags?
Ty
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:21 am

Claudandus wrote:
I've been asking people and everybody told me, that it doesn't increase the odds. Can you give me some numbers or a specific example in what way it actually does increase the rarity when mixing frags?
Ty

As you may know, each Regional Bonus can be upgraded. Depending on the level of the Ancient Forge, it decreases crafting and repairing cost and provides a % bonus when a player mixes different fragments. So if for example someone mixes common common and uncommon fragments, the probability of the crafted item to be common or uncommon without an Ancient Forge could be 70% common 30% uncommon (not actual probabilities). Depending on the level of the Ancient Forge the player would receive a bonus towards the higher rarity, so it could be for example 50% common and 50% uncommon. The player will also be granted a discount in the crafting cost.

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:57 am

Crimson Kings have the Forge upgraded to lvl 10.

It does not provide any % increase while mixing frags yet.

Will it ever? at lvl 15? or 20 maybe ... long term investment without supply sharing.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I have to side with Claudandus and Tibr. If at lvl 10 there is no change on the % of mixing fragments then you can see why people would assume that the ancient forge does not deliver on its promises.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 am

Please confirm the statement.

Ancient Forge lvl 10 does not provide any bonus to crafting higher rarity items.
Forge will provide said bonus at higher levels.

Is this correct, true, intended?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:40 am

Claudandus, Tibr and Piktas...you are challenged to a battle with permanent unit death! RuneSlayer against all your units!

(Patience gentlemen....let me look into this tomorrow morning and I will return with a post) Wink
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I have a second acc on olympos with terribad low level units i dont care too much about Very Happy

I could take your challenge without any regrets ;-)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 am

We will conduct some changes to the Ancient Forge to make the bonuses a little bit more transparent and more...effective....

The changes will not be done this week though...
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 am

yay  cheers  Thanks, Rune!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 am

FYI changes have already been implemented in the system. We just haven't made the changes in the front as well (graphical presentation).

In other words, the Ancient Forge is now providing significant better bonuses in crafting a better rarity item but we haven't implemented the graphical presentation of it.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:28 am

ysosad wrote:
Bump.

WTF??
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am

Gimli wrote:
ysosad wrote:
Bump.

WTF??

Yes, it still hasn't been changed (graphically at least) to my knowledge....hence the bump.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:56 pm

True.
Otoh I am uncertain what happens if that mystery should get unveiled.
While i had access to the lvl 11 forge before Erevos reset it was doing "ok". Then it got buffed, and we got it to lvl 11 once again, honestly my results were terrible (but statistically tollerable). Others didnt complain. I think it provides a bonus of about 0,75-1% per level on 3 frag crafts for 2epic+1gl. The bonus is there but it should not become the primary reason to hold a forge. But this could become one very quick if "true" values are on display. Right now those with a forge dont think about it too much, reduced repair times and cost, yay awesome already.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 am

ysosad wrote:
Gimli wrote:
ysosad wrote:
Bump.

WTF??

Yes, it still hasn't been changed (graphically at least) to my knowledge....hence the bump.

Good bump.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:48 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
ysosad wrote:
Gimli wrote:
ysosad wrote:
Bump.

WTF??

Good bump.

and..? any plans..?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient forge. false promises   Ancient forge. false promises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient forge. false promises
Page 1 of 1