Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hegorn

Hegorn

UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI Empty
PostSubject: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Anything that reduces annoying clicks is helpful.

1) The downgrade button. It is an annoyance and rarely used from the main city screen. Would it be possible to move it into the "?" section of each building?

2) I can double click to enter a building from the city screen, but its not consistent. This would be the preferred method instead of waiting for the 4 "tiles" to appear.

3) Healing Units. An option to remove the confirm / heal all. Additionally, Healing and Disbanding units have almost the same confirmation process and the buttons are next to each other. This will be a disaster for some player sometime. (All Improved. Thanks!)

Last edited by Hegorn on Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:16 pm

In Combat, a couple improvements for the minimap:

- Allow clicking on the minimap to move the view.
- On the minimap, show an outlined box to show where the full screen view is currently.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:43 am

Hi Hegorn!

Good suggestions, all of them.

Rest assured that many of them are already in our ToDo list, but right now our priority is the issue with the disconnections. We like the way you are thinking though...

Btw, I haven't posted a reply on your "Mechanics" post yet, because I am waiting for other players to post their opinions first. Smile Send me a pm if that doesn't happen and I will share some of the magic. Smile

We always love players with analytical minds. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the updates.

WASD Movement is a great feature. Anything that helps combat / controls be more fluid is a huge plus in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Again, huge thanks to the dev team for the barracks UI improvements (heal all and disband button changes). You guys mentioned you were working on updates to the UI, so I'll add a few more suggestions to consider.

In the barracks, allow players to save/restore a unit's hero and equipment setup:
  • I am sure I am not the only player who alternates between two armies and I look forward to using more army setups in the future as we see more diverse content. Right now, there is some tedium when switching heroes and items around among units.
  • I would suggest that items/heroes can be saved to multiple units. If an item or hero is already in use, or an item is under repairs, it would not be restored to the unit.
  • There is space in the equipment section to add these buttons on either side of the hero.
  • A 3rd button to remove all items/heroes from all units would add to the functionality. This button would strip all units to their empty setup.

More long term suggestion -- army tabs:
  • If you add flippable tabs/rows to the barracks/army UI, could you also add a button to "restore all items/heroes to this row of units."
  • This way, players can use an army that is in a specific army tab, leave the battle, press heal all, remove all items/heroes from all units, switch to a tab with a fresh army, and restore heroes/equipment to that single army -- all in a matter of 4-5 clicks instead of 6-7 clicks per unit.
  • Again, if the army tabs are useful in managing units/items/heroes, it may be a good place to monetize for convenience. Some number of free army tabs would be given to players and additional ones would be purchasable with gems.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI   UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UI Tweaks - City Buildings, Unit/Item/Hero Management, and Combat UI
Page 1 of 1