Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Error in first solo battle each day

Go down 
+3
Fyrr
lightshield
Broodzero
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Broodzero

Error in first solo battle each day Empty
PostSubject: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:19 am

Yesterday, and again today, my first attempted fight of the day was a Hard Attack quest.
Yesterday the game froze just after loading the map and said that there has been an error and it has been logged. All i could do was click the browser refresh button, even F5 wouldn't work. All of my units worn gear lost 1 durability and mysteriously 1 Dolophon was at half health.
Today, the game gave the same error message when the loading bar reached 100% but the map did not appear. All gear still lost 1 durability.

I will continue to update if it happens again. It is not fun to have 39 items lose durability for 0 chance at profit.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 1:48 am

Can you tell me your in game name Broodzero? I'll check the logs.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:08 am

lightshield wrote:
Can you tell me your in game name Broodzero? I'll check the logs.
Obviously his ign is the same as here ;p
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 am

I had the same bug a few times past week. Only, today, it wasn't the first quest, though the first hard quest of the day. I didn't refresh at once this time, but I tried to do a battle regardless, I just clicked on units (and hotkeys) and sent them forward. The dwarven AI stood and remained frozen as did my units. Then I saw my units being shot at in the GUI and their numbers started to run down. My cav. likewise, retreated even. Also melee battles took place. I could drag the screen, but not scroll. When I looked at the armies, I saw the losses were visible, though the armies were still in its initial place. So, both AI and my units were fighting according to the GUI but were visible in their initial place only. But their casualties lay dead while the units were just standing still there. My losses were staggering, I refreshed, came back in the baracks and had a healing cost of 1805 gold. No doubt dura has run down by 1, as is always the case with failed battles.

I do hope this will be fixed, because AND the dura AND the high healing cost/waiting time ain't fun.

Afterwards, I saw that 1 of my HI was unequipped. I don't know whether all equipment he had, was in need of repair (all at once) or that it is ''lost''. Or, maybe just in the equipment list. Please check, if possible.
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

happened two more time last night, both trying to do solo Hard mission. the second time i let the game sit and eventually it loaded in, but the left and right scroll arrows from the world map remained on the battle screen, the unit tab was behind the map UI bar, and the enemy AI sprites, and my own, never moved but the battle was fought and hp dropped, until i Lost. but the game never ended.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 am

Broodzero & Johntheright,

Are you both confirming that when this happened you had an Overlay on the battle screen1?

I thought this was a different bug, or I would have appended my bug report here.

1Please follow the link to: Overlay on the battle screen.  Thanks
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

Yes, Joy. I saw yours just now and just made a post on it referring to this bug report also.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:46 am

I couldn't replicate the bug nor pinpoint it but I've made some improvements and better handling of these objects.
Seems that nothing explodes and I'm not getting the bug reports except some disconnections which I pressume it's the logs Broodzero refers to. If this happens again after next patch, more information is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:20 am

I just tried my first NM quest today and the same bug happened again. I did NM solo-missions before that, but with the quest, I had to refresh.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 am

Johntheright wrote:
I just tried my first NM quest today and the same bug happened again. I did NM solo-missions before that, but with the quest, I had to refresh.
I duplicated your account in our local server in case the bug was somehow specific to your account, and did a solo nightmare, then a solo nightmare quest and still didn't get it scratch 
Can you guys and girls who have this bug, tell me your browser and flash version? Any plug ins you have installed in your browser that affects flash?
Back to top Go down
Drennalin

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:11 am

I just attempted 2 nightmares  both failed with the error message to report. there were arrows pointing left and right at the left and right sides of the screen. I had to refresh both times losing 1 command point with each one. The first one let me into the battle screen and the units would target but not move.   The second one froze on the login to battle screen.  In game name Drennalin  same as here.  Here are my flash settings.

Chrome - Windows XP Professional
http://prntscr.com/2958kk

Dren

Last edited by Drennalin on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:33 am

lightshield wrote:
Johntheright wrote:
I duplicated your account in our local server in case the bug was somehow specific to your account, and did a solo nightmare, then a solo nightmare quest and still didn't get it scratch 
Can you guys and girls who have this bug, tell me your browser and flash version? Any plug ins you have installed in your browser that affects flash?
Lightshield, I'm not technical, but I'll try to give some background info. Hope it helps. It happened on the first quest I did today. Why not before (NM-solo missions) I don't know...

I use Internet Explorer, though I'm not enthusiastic about it, as my laptop always has the problem of not getting the entire screen on-screen. Especially in battles it is more than annoying, as I need to scroll up and down time and again in my browser as well. I can't see both the retreat button and the top of the mini map where the AI is in the beginning. Also, I was asked 3 times this week to update my flash player. Couldn't get in the game else since it had lost connection before that. So, I did it 3 times over. Dunno, if Flash has provided incorrect software when you press the link you see in the loading screen?

I know past week, more issues have arisen of which I think Flash is the reason. Like in 1 coop the game freezes for 5 seconds or more, then plays for a second, freezes again, etc. I think it affected my coop-ally as well, as he still had the same speed as I had. I mean : it wass not the case, that the screen unfreezes and I see my ally having done many things while I was waiting....

Errr....what are plug-ins ?
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 am

Both Windows xp and windows 7

Firefox 25.0.1
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:15 am

lightshield wrote:

#1 Operating System, Windows 7, Service Pack 1:

Error in first solo battle each day 33Yn8Jq6BadUjNsmVpja3Q7BejxV94k0GlBhbFZAwLanTVFmoOg7i3f0dynTAUFWAvL7kX__HELzUthgGGGTtBI32NIxOOm_WKaAWnmgTP0hW1eKES8P_8cO1g

#2 Firefox 25.0.1 with add-ons:

Error in first solo battle each day KNjORE2zvGI8jVV_xyr93oyzk_4gX_rhZFRQQTE0xfIL1kah5gHM-3TBQDrSWgumpzHw6pnpJK0gpVHe7BqO0FPLWGb67rKl7VKdcmf-JCXbFfh9zqBZqIzGOA

#3 Plugins include Shockwave Flash 11.9.900.117

Error in first solo battle each day PUEX_xpmF0liVQPY0fVMXUSQnhUiv1SDUadx7HpPIFpGp6iEah_p19jdCHJAxNn82_qe99eiI8Vlzz4t_0SuQXT3KVIf4ToaJyo68BnzSMeWtN5k0QrbD3wGdQ

More detailed view:

Error in first solo battle each day NIOpTci1OBMTxqevfVT66JJC2SCFbKW5E3WatzUYs2n8Bcb1_qSDl6T6JsVg5GBmULoz3epnD11P-4D6r3b8E8vUx8PhQCsjcGmzCnsWXst8JpiNRYF_Z2wFdg

Summary:

1. Operating System, Windows 7, System pack 1 with 4.0 Gigabyte memory1;
  2. Firefox 25.0.1;
  3. Shockwave Flash 11.9.900.117;
  4. Bug only happened yesterday (twice);
  5. Bug has not happened today after 5 solos
Known Flash Issues (may or may not be relevant):

1. The flash plugin tends to hang after ~4 hours; have to reboot the browser
  2. Paying videos in another browser tab2 causes faster problems!

14.0 Gigabytes memories implies this is not an out of memory issue
2Due to this, I tend to play videos in chrome so as to leave Firefox exclusively for Battle Conquest.  I'll run vidoes in Firefox today and see if it reproduces the problem.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:39 am

Johntheright, can you try with a different browser for testing purposes only?

Joyce, thank you for the detailed explanation Smile. Please inform me if the bug appears to you again.

As per your issues:
1. Seems that flash allocates more and more memory over time. I'm trying to recycle everything but sometimes either something passed by me due to a bug, or flash just skips the garbage collection of some objects.
2. That's a flash issue, as you've probably guessed already. In the same browser flash uses the same resources so a youtube video with the game played in the same browser, are trying to get all the resources for their own. Splitting these two along two different browsers splits the resources allocated.
We are always trying to update to the newest flash version to take advantage of any bug fixes and performance improvements to make this issue less irritating (eg. we are eagerly expecting Flash 12 which will support more performance on x64 Chrome versions 33 and newer, and will improve the compatibility on many lower-end PCs[will resolve most cases of failed gpu acceleration]), but we try to stay a little behind to not cause any player frustration for updating flash (right now game requires flash 11.7. Initial version of Battle Conquest ran on flash 11.2).

PS: Fyrr, would like to see this post  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:56 am

lightshield wrote:
Joyce, thank you for the detailed explanation Smile. Please inform me if the bug appears to you again.

As per your issues:
1. Seems that flash allocates more and more memory over time. I'm trying to recycle everything but sometimes either something passed by me due to a bug, or flash just skips the garbage collection of some objects.

Yes three more times:

1. I have not had time, yet, to post picture ... I'm behind on bug reports  Embarassed ... will try to post them later
  2. It might be a memory problem; it might not.
  3. I certainly  believe its a flash issue ... possibly related to a windows issue

Facts:

1. I tried all day Saturday to reproduce the issue ... failed to reproduce bug;
  2. This included overwhelming the computer with three youtube videos at same time ... and another very memory intensive game;
  3. I successfully slowed down battle conquest almost to a crawl at times ... bug did not appear (50+ battles);
  4. Sunday morning, after browser was up for four hours; first game had BUG! (memory issue?)
  5. Restarting1 browser; first game had  BUG (How can this be a memory issue since was clean Browser restarted1?);
  6. Very important note on last one: My windows shortcut keys (from desktop) had STOPPED working at same time.  This is a common windows bug that happens about once a week -- and generally indicative that other graphical programs (all type) will start having random issues1;
  7. It happened again, late Sunday.  Restarting the browser fixed the issue
  8. The bug behavior has changed: It now instantly disconnects when it appears (I'll post pictures soon) .... it used to stay connected (but not usable);
  9. Bug is recent & now reasonably frequent; never happened to me before for four months;
  10. Starting a cooperative, and while waiting for a partner ... flip from world map to city map; to full screen, part screen (done like 20+ times) does not trigger the bug;

Conjecture (i.e.: not facts):

• It does not appear to be a memory bug;
  • It does not appear to be a battle conquest bug;
  • It appears to be an issue of either flash or windows;
  • It will be a very very hard bug to (A) Find; (B) solve  Sad

I recommend you blame flash for now, as a working hypothesis, until a new version of flash comes out.

1Maybe I just restarted the tab but left browser up - and my memory is failing me - not 100% sure;
2I.E.: It is a windows kernel bug of misallocation of graphical resources, and semi-deadlocks in the windows kernel ... all graphical programs suffer ... until the semi-deadlock clears (normally by closing all active graphical programs & restarting them) ... or the computer is rebooted)3
3Hmm that is probably unreadable: In plain English, the Windows kernel has a temporary disease (due to bugs) & is experiencing starvation issue for providing proper graphical resources to the programs running within in -- so all the programs suffer.  So is not surprising if this cause flash to suffer & overlay its internal windows object improperly.

Other stuff:

lightshield wrote:
We are always trying to update to the newest flash version to take advantage of any bug fixes and performance improvements to make this issue less irritating (eg. we are eagerly expecting Flash 12 which will support more performance on x64 Chrome versions 33 and newer, and will improve the compatibility on many lower-end PCs[will resolve most cases of failed gpu acceleration]), but we try to stay a little behind to not cause any player frustration for updating flash (right now game requires flash 11.7. Initial version of Battle Conquest ran on flash 11.2).

+1.  Agreed, very frustrating.  Trying to support all these versions & being dependent on software that is probably buggy & you spend hours trying to figure out for your product

lightshield wrote:
PS: Fyrr, would like to see this post  Laughing

+1
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 am

Today the same bug appeared again. The map screen was still in the edges, like described by Joyce, but the battlefield was visible, etc.

I would like to note that this was a hard solo quest, but it was NOT the first of the day this time. This far it had occurred only the first time I did a quest. I'm gonna try to get Firefox next. See what will happen there. Hope the units will keep moving then too, it is quite the bugger this way.
Back to top Go down
Randomguy

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm having a similar problem. Sometimes it tells me that error message thing when I'm trying to battle. I try everything, but nothing seems to work.  scratch
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 am

Just a last question. Does this error message pops up after waiting for the blue sphere? Or it pops up immediatly after an action?
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:26 am

As per Joyce's bug report this bug has been fixed.

A patch will be uploaded ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:32 pm

lightshield wrote:
As per Joyce's bug report this bug has been fixed.

A patch will be uploaded ASAP.

Yeehaaaa !!!!!  cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Thank you !  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:42 am

Question : When is the patch going to be uploaded? Because today I once more had the same bug, except it came even quicker after the loading screen for a normal solo quest.
As soon as the screen had gone, the ''problem'' text was there and the bug appeared. If I remember correctly, the blue sphere had not yet gone. That quick. I used Firefox this time, instead of IE.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Johntheright wrote:
Question : When is the patch going to be uploaded? Because today I once more had the same bug, except it came even quicker after the loading screen for a normal solo quest.
As soon as the screen had gone, the ''problem'' text was there and the bug appeared. If I remember correctly, the blue sphere had not yet gone. That quick. I used Firefox this time, instead of IE.

That patch has been uploaded. I'm surprised it happened again.
To put things in the right course again: You have this bug only when doing quests on any region? The loading sphere stays in screen, then there is the battle loading screen which appears correct, and when you enter the battle you have the right and left world map arrows along with the world map gui at the bottom of your screen. You can see the battle progressing but you can't control your units. Does that apply or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Lightshield, I have this bug only when doing solo mission quests. Difficulty setting seems not to matter. I honestly can't say I remember the blue sphere in the loading screen, everything looked perfectly right then.

But, the moment I came out of it, things were wrong : The text was displayed, blue sphere visible for a short time afterwards. When I enter the battle screen I have the right and left world map arrows along with the world map gui at the bottom of my screen. But, all units remain like frozen in their place. When I use the hotkeys or click on them, they respond (you hear the unit's voices). However, nothing moved, then I closed BC.

Last week I tried to get a battle that way and while the units stayed visibly in their place I lost a great lot of my army. The AI had losses as well, but it was weird. The losses were lieing dead in their spot where the original unit was still standing. I didn't try that today, when I saw it was the bug again, I quit. Didn't feel like 1805 gold healing cost again Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Thank you for the information Johntheright. I will look at it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error in first solo battle each day   Error in first solo battle each day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error in first solo battle each day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next