Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why all the huff about balance?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soulthief

soulthief

Why all the huff about balance? Empty
PostSubject: Why all the huff about balance?   Why all the huff about balance? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 am

I do not understand why there has to be a balance. There should be a way to win this game for either side, and then have it reset, or what ever makes sense to start a new battle map or restart the old one.

There is no real balance anywhere, you either win or you lose (in my opinion). Without a way to win, the game is getting hard to understand.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Why all the huff about balance?   Why all the huff about balance? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 am

In a competitive game, you need to retain some sort of balance, otherwise it stops being competitive.

Retaining balance doesn't mean "punishing" the winning side, or "helping" the losing side.

It means that you make it so whatever it happens, both sides have the same probability to win or lose the game.

In our case, as it has been mentioned many many times, we take into consideration the population for each Faction and make it so that both sides are fighting with equal chances of success.

In a persistent world, such as in Battle Conquest, you cannot control what people will choose (Dark or Light) but you can create mechanisms which balance big differences in population. For example if Light has 10 players and Dark has 2 players, we want both sides to have equal chances of winning or losing. That doesn't mean that we are making it 50-50 no matter what. As mentioned above, we do not want to punish the winning side or protect the losing side....
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: OK Runeslayer   Why all the huff about balance? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 am

Okay I can live with that.

Most of all thanks for taking the time to answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why all the huff about balance?   Why all the huff about balance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why all the huff about balance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: