Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XViper

XViper

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital Empty
PostSubject: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:31 am

This is a place-holder for Joyce's ensuing report.

RuneSlayer, please assume the position. Razz
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:42 am

All reports are welcome XViper.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:22 am

The bug that I see is that prism has an arrow on 61 from 55 while they are not connected to the capital. Reminds me of this topic: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1053-prism-guild-can-build-in-cut-off-territories#6730
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 am

XViper wrote:
This is a place-holder for Joyce's ensuing report.

RuneSlayer, please assume the position. Razz
Lol, not happening Wink Way way more fun to tease instead!

Piktas wrote:
The bug that I see is that prism has an arrow on 61 from 55 while they are not connected to the capital. Reminds me of this topic: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1053-prism-guild-can-build-in-cut-off-territories#6730
The arrow is a separate display bug, I will file a report on that too (the actual command is issued from #66, the capital; the arrow however tends to display from the lowest number region). Thus the build command on #61 is valid --- only displayed wrong.

As for Buliding in cut off territories:

Joyce wrote:
The Guild Wars, Layer 2 release notes do not mention that a territory has to be connected to the capital in order to build walls ("Defenses") or Supplies.
To the best of my understanding this is not a bug, but is working as intended.

You cannot issue military commands to a territory that is not connected to the capital; however, you can build up (and tear down) walls, supply & special resources to a region you control that is not connected to the capital.

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital IYrdxqt_7Q9OTI6a9OZ6-JLKSRdHjK9NkPwgjdUFcgAd1OdcZM2n8n_NOL8Xs52CDnIQ3LlEbcChL3YKqRfQ1vWiU1RlxcM1qTPstbd7TNkoXejFeIOqDNRkXw

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital X6Z_qc9wI1wmJOIcfhaji9Hqr4JwUnXqs82CbFbQClpoVEzPWPltnbunmGmjWaff8WBNlNapAudvIMlEvzfFWHmgSVSVnoBHrJZAvrN5DFGox3WveFdW2m6rBw

Details:

1. The Outriders' capital is on #94 & the also controlled #89 & #84;
  2. Prism's capital is on #66 and we also controlled #50, #55, #61, #72, #78
  3. Influence on #61 was The Outriders 43%+, Prism 20%+ (however Prism controlled it as #61 is not connected to The Outriders' Capital);
  4. The nuclear turtles built influence on #84 and had more influence than The Outriders on November 14th, 2013, 12:00 server time (or maybe previous cycle) - hence control of #84 was properly transferred to the nuclear turtles;
  5. A massive bug invaded region #61 & improperly transferred control to The Outriders (even though it is not connected to their capital)

For confirmation that Prism controlled #61 yesterday please see: Picture of Prism controlling #61 from November 13, 2013, 11:07:44

The Prism guild has been grievously injured and irreparably harmed by this bug finds this whole situation totally amusing & funny.

For example we lost all the following resources on #61:

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital Supplies
Picture is from November 14th, 2013, 02:03:35 server time

Thus Prism lost a level 10 wall, and level 7 supplies; as well as the resources it was costing to build level 8 supplies (which was in progress when the massive bug hit #61).

For example the resource cost of level 8 supply is:

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital Supply8

As recompense for the massive giggles Prism suffered at this funny situation --- The Prism guild therefore, most humbly, petitions for the following:
  1. Swat that nasty bug!
  2. Please, consider implementing the following new feature:
    1. A guild can transfer its capital to any other region it controls, that is connected to its current capital; OR
    2. Alternate implementation: A capital automatically moves to another region a guild controls, if that region has 10% more influence than the current capital (and is connected to the current capital)
  3. Prism is well able to retake control of #60 & rebuilds its walls & supplies, so we prefer the current situation be left as it is.
NOTE for the humour challenged: Just using this as a good opportunity to ask for a neat feature that is related to this bug & helps overcome the issue of a guild being split in two as Prism just was Smile
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:22 am

Joyce wrote:
The Guild Wars, Layer 2 release notes do not mention that a territory has to be connected to the capital in order to build walls ("Defenses") or Supplies. To the best of my understanding this is not a bug, but is working as intended
Well my point would be that it shouldn't work like that. If you lose control and are unable to send commands from that region then you shouldn't be able to upgrade and downgrade in that region as well.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 am

This is a very serious situation. We are looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 am

cheers  I hope you also look into the upgrading/downgrading thing in regions that are not connected to the capitals as well. Kind of makes the capital a redundant feature imo.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 am

Piktas wrote:
cheers  I hope you also look into the upgrading/downgrading thing in regions that are not connected to the capitals as well. Kind of makes the capital a redundant feature imo.
Actually, when you will start sending caravans to your Guild Capital with resources and they will need to be defended, then they will be very important. Wink
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 am

If more features are due regarding regions that are cut off from their capitals then my bad I suppose.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 am

We found the bug. Quick hotfix coming up in around 30 - 40 mins.

61 will return to Prism along with the previous status of the Defenses and the Supplies.
Back to top Go down
Steinhund

Steinhund

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:13 am

ty
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:27 am

Joyce wrote:
  1. Swat that nasty bug!
RuneSlayer wrote:
We found the bug.
#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital 3m3E7VQY-iCUe2x4zjdL3KfXTe9_Rwsic3E6XrflJu_M1g7ZClNP-8fvcH41RkKrjLBTf_aS_xjns8tA7NWE6VgU7YxnDX_chm0c43Bzjj_5hYXXbsC06S2hHA
Picture of a +7 bug-swatting lance, used to swat massive bugs quick!

Thanks the fast swatting of that bug! Basketball
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:28 am

Wink
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:34 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
61 will return to Prism along with the previous status of the Defenses and the Supplies.
Booyah, I was right.

I told you RuneSlayer would be kind enough to do this. Smile 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 am

XViper wrote:
I told you RuneSlayer would be kind enough to do this. Smile
"Not kind..." says RuneSlayer while cleaning his bloody, covered with runes, Waraxes with a grin on his face.

"Just fair".."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital   #61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

#61 -> Guild auto-claims territory not connected to capital
Page 1 of 1