Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More of a whinge and moan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dales1

More of a whinge and moan Empty
PostSubject: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:12 am

I had 60 unspent candies... and then you go and close the shop.

Have you guys ever thought of, like, maybe communicating such things in advance?  

Its the absence of the little things like that, that are really annoying.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 am

On the 1st of November we mentioned that the shop will be closing soon. This information is located in both the in-game News and in the patch notes.

We also added a tooltip yesterday mentioning that the shop will close in 1 day.
Back to top Go down
dales1

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 am

Okay, I am moaning about the fact that I was on yesterday morning, and yesterday evening, and did not see anything appear in game to tell me that the shop is closing.

Considering that we had a News announcement when the shop was open, and then one when the shop was closed, why was there not one warning when the shop would be closing. Maybe an email?

I dont think that this is an unreasonable expectation.

What is a tooltip?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 am

dales1 wrote:
What is a tooltip?

More of a whinge and moan ZPP9GtN9GS_nHSNyh2IPxC0e3WtaVkGchuu82FMLlZFxqNzuSBFBYNBdfiEFbp7eEGpMlaJiFp4l_GXTEy4B13cXqsLRMRIqe5cIO3O7YGNaj577xO5osWLkjQ

See also: Halloween Shop Closing in one Day where it shows the tool tip announcing the shop would close in one day.

P.S.: On October 31st, 2013, Halloween Night, the little Munchkins in the neighborhood where my spouse & I live (New Hampshire in the United States) came to the door of our house, all dressed in various pretty costumes they had spent hours preparing.
We gave them candies. Smile

They, the little Munchkins (i.e.: kids ranging from ages 2 to 14 or so) *did* not keep coming back every day thereafter; nor did they whine or complain on how many candies they got, but they said thank you for the candies, gave us a nice smile & moved on to the next house to trick or treat.

Its a fun yearly ritual in our neighborhood (as in most neighborhoods in the United States), and always a delight to see the little kids in their outlandish costumes they spent hours making with love & care.
Back to top Go down
dales1

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

thats nice Joyce.  did you then go past all the kiddies houses, and take back the candies that they hadnt used?   ;-)

If we are going to use an analogy, lets use the correct perspective   :p
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:55 am

dales1 wrote:
thats nice Joyce.  did you then go past all the kiddies houses, and take back the candies that they hadnt used?   ;-)

If we are going to use an analogy, lets use the correct perspective   :p
Lol, dales1, that made me crack up thinking of a great title: Joyce the Cookie Snatcher
More of a whinge and moan Kf4y1yhwqwBztKt4VM3M9OIDVxp2ab91iutz3PHkO153bcZAoFkEYPaT4_BrUzmcLcL3T76cSp4D3reWAMHAe8tsHVSdnPLlcz68j2mNeOpqY98Z4ZyJzXvMbg

Margaret Thatcher becomes known as 'Thatcher the Snatcher' due to cutting school subsidies for milk.

You make a good point on note being able to spend the candies now ... maybe we can later come up with a good suggestion on how to use them?
Back to top Go down
dales1

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Joyce 'the Candy Snatcher'  Shocked 

Suggestions / options for candy:
1- reopen the shop with the previous items, for a fixed period (ie 24 hours), along with a notification (News?) as to close time (server time).
2- offer a set amount of resources for each unused candy (ie, buy the candy)
3- communicate that its gone, but explain what steps will be followed for future events so that players (including the dim ones such as myself jocolor  ) will know what is happening, cutoffs etc.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 am

dales1 wrote:
Hi Joyce 'the Candy Snatcher'  Shocked 

Suggestions / options for candy:
1- reopen the shop with the previous items, for a fixed period (ie 24 hours), along with a notification (News?) as to close time (server time).
2- offer a set amount of resources for each unused candy (ie, buy the candy)
3- communicate that its gone, but explain what steps will be followed for future events so that players (including the dim ones such as myself jocolor  ) will know what is happening, cutoffs etc.
reopening is hardly possible. we had plenty of notifications, rly, i even got bored of them... hmm should i put such things in motd?

hard to predict the future events, they change every time as devs think of something new and they're not good with exact times, deal with it.

maybe devs could add a timer or a random popup or whatever (like the notificational !s) instead of a mouse-over tooltip...  

other than that, just asking more questions in chats? and better communication in guild or whatever.
(dales, sorry... i kinda feel personally responsible for you being unable to spend those candies.. though dunno if you even read the motd or googledoc info ;p).
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 am

Fyrr wrote:
maybe devs could add a timer or a random popup or whatever (like the notificational !s) instead of a mouse-over tooltip...
Sure thing.
Back to top Go down
dales1

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Im not sure if you are referring to the guild MoTD, but that i read everytime i login.. and the News, when i login.

oh well, candy is bad for the teeth anyway..

Was just thinking that in the very least, the next time around, there is a more robust way of notifying people, with a perm message, not stuff in chat that lasts 5 min or so...
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:14 am

dales1 wrote:
not stuff in chat that lasts 5 min or so...
The notification was not shown in the chat. The notification were shown in the news and the patch notes.

However, as people may not be paying attention to the in-game News and the Patch Notes we will make sure that next time a notification will be far more visible.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 am

You should consider having system mails for events (and maybe some other stuff like occasional sales and discounts on gems and buffs) in the future.
Back to top Go down
dales1

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Rune,

what was posted in the news was that the shop was open, and then that it was closed... its still there in the news.

What I was talking about, was putting a notice in the news prior to the close, telling people when the close would happen.

Regards
Dales
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More of a whinge and moan   More of a whinge and moan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More of a whinge and moan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Bugs and Known Issues-
Jump to: