Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points

Go down 
+2
Broodzero
Pearl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pearl

Pearl

PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points Empty
PostSubject: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:07 am

Here I am attempting to enter PvP, T4 (2000 to 2200 army points allowed under current rules):

PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points 44qbp9vtDZI-UsEfUClglbDWMyl_t5xktG1saxUL0QsEK4zNonNiP88ZA_yte4Dyn3LcRP_tzOS_6tyzns8wt5W75tT-a8HKbML14McPZuQQZcFZEJkD09NNiQ

I pick 2187 as my army points (4 Elarian Chariots & 3 Waykeepers), and the display shows me the queue as +/- 25 points from that (i.e: 2162 - 2212).

Since +/- 25 army points is no longer relevant, I suggest changing the display to show: 2187 (or for real fun ... to show which player is in the queue! Wink).

For the curious, after I entered the PvP game, here is Fyrr pulverizing my troops (the 4 Elarian Chariots & 3 waykeepers) for the 7th or so time in PvP.

So far its: Joyce 0 .vs. Fyrr 7 (or maybe more).

PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points 1grQB5QvbyZ7csrMA5fY4ByCB0yXOcP8DEJZiEkSVUhcZoRuds_bbQibIk6VixkuDIe47RB5DkJ0z07YvXRXivkphj0xLVFqz5CRPqW2emmK7V9Z8lIL8SVWBw

Note: See Elarian Chariots are not Ponies for context.
PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points Gz_hktpQkFhYp70D6Yz34X8xG8pOClX0KeXXvviQqO19pksn0bqo4zJT3FbGL8jniAshJPFRuoF0IfwdlsFAJpJc-brV4XmRzERzE1RBqZKgxh961vhkNEWMsQ
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 am

+1
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 am

Joyce, your cavalry is no match for Fyrr's cavalry, because simply your special ability is Impact Damage, which may or may not trigger and may or may not be effective on strong units. Granted you get a lot of automatic hits, but they still need to pass the Endurance and Armor checks.

I believe your army composition in PvP can be...improved...
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:39 am

how about a response to the real thread post?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 am

lol I just saw what was written on the board...Good job Joyce! lol
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Joyce, your cavalry is no match for Fyrr's cavalry
Shouldn't a certain type of unit at least be a match to the same type of unit? Doesn't sound very balanced when you put it that way.

Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 am

if every single unit was balanced against those of opposing races, why even bother having multiple races?

still ignored Original Post
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 am

If the game is not balanced you'll get to the same result of everyone choosing the strongest race and there will be no point in having multiple races. That's like saying what's the point of playing chess because both players are using the same pieces. Correct me if I'm wrong but a strategy game should be all about strategies.

I'll stop going off topic now Razz
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 am

Piktas wrote:
Shouldn't a certain type of unit at least be a match to the same type of unit? Doesn't sound very balanced when you put it that way.
I expect my Elven Dragon Longbows to be superior to all other archers from any other race.

Given the same level, same researches & same equipment, I will be extremely disappointed if my Dragon Longbows do not win consistently ones .vs. one.

Therefore; by the same logic, for the game to be balanced; I expect each race to have its own superior units (and likewise its own inferior units; that is: inferior in comparison to other races).

The implications of this, is each race needs to bring a different mix of units to PvP to maximize its chance (Clearly I can't bring just Dragon Longbows to PvP!)

The overall ability of each race, to win, with its particular mix of units, is what I expect of game balance; rather than each unit going toe to toe against all other races are reasonably equal.

That is why I find the discussion of light cannons .vs. dark cannons a little confusing.  They are supposed to be different -- this adds proper variety to the game.

If each unit is too balanced to be equal to each other units -- then there is no purpose to races -- other than eye candy.  I've played many games like that --- gets boring.

Its far better to have them different on a 1 .vs. 1, and each race has to find its own proper mixtures, give the game more more strategic depth.

My hope & expectation is that is the case [races are balanced, but individual units vary] with battle conquest.  Certainly, from the updates we keep seeing it appears the developers are aiming to achieve that goal.

Note: Psychedelic colors as requested by Fyrr!  See: Cyanish .vs. Dark blue font

Fyrr wrote:
though always using me as an excuse why she changed something Very Happy... Change it more in the future.
So I 'changed it more' as requested ... and of course blaming Fyrr is fun! Razz
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:24 am

Piktas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Joyce, your cavalry is no match for Fyrr's cavalry

Hm, my cav or DL cav? Very Happy Well, DL cavs can be easily defeated in most cases.

Elf etc cavs with impact are really good vs naked units, a lot better than my cavs (I tend to lose naked pvps vs (melee!) elves due to their reaction/morale/cavs). In this case (geared, near caps, no fleeing-reengaging), DL cavs are superior. Annnd this was a li/cav pvp, as can be seen from chat in screenshot, and she had +2 units, so either side could have won with good tactics (though she wasn't capped I think.. hard in such case). Also it's not a bunch of 1v1 situations, so an unit can be bad 1v1 but still win with some help from another... In this case, DL lia are better at killing cavs than even cavs are.
Btw! Elf cav (Faer's) HAS won 1v1 vs mine, a few times, when both cavs were capped and elf got better rolls. So we can't say that it's impossible for others to win...

DL LI and HI are bad, our cavs are good, I don't see why our cavs should be complained about.

Now the topic - +-25 AP range has become obsolete, ahem! Unless devs will want to change the pvp system more, 'soon'... Really I'd like to see the exact AP in lobby.

Joyce, shades of orange are mine. Use other colours. Razz

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:59 am

Fyrr wrote:
Hm, my cav or DL cav?
DL cavalry of course. I wouldn't make any discrimination.

Fyrr wrote:
Now the topic - +-25 AP range has become obsolete, ahem! Unless devs will want to change the pvp system more, 'soon'... Really I'd like to see the exact AP in lobby.
It is being taken care of.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am

Fyrr dont tell that DL HI is bad. Yours HI are equal to mine HI at pvp Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points   PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP queue display still shows +/- 25 from army points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Bugs and Known Issues-
Jump to: